LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 62 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017 WWE wrestling thread

Offline  Re: 2017 WWE wrestling thread

Posted: May 23, 2017, 8:27 AM Post
The Mahal thing is 100% purely a business decision as they are expanding into India and that area of the world. That said, they did a TERRIBLE job of getting to this point. Mahal has essentially been a jobber/lower card guy essentially his entire career. There was no progression, no real story of any kind. He just went from a jobber to WWE champion in the span of a couple of months.

I assume he loses it at the next PPV, I certainly hope so. It's hard to have any interest when they do things like this.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 23, 2017, 9:03 AM Post
I know exactly what you are saying. It's nice to see a new guy as champion and main eventing. But when this guy couldn't go 5 to 10 minutes on RAW a month earlier. Should of had him win a few matches before the battle royal and gone from there. I'm expecting him to retain against Orton in there rematch probably at Money In The Bank just to lose it to whoever wins the briefcase at Mitb.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 23, 2017, 10:32 AM Post
I am actually looking forward to see what they do with Mijal. Orton with the belt did nobody any good. I agree Mijal probably loses it to Styles or somebody else after MITB but he might surprise. He certainly looks much bigger which in a way makes it more believable he is heavyweight champ.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 23, 2017, 12:14 PM Post
my biggest issue with Jinder Mahal is that the Singh brothers cannot be taken seriously as goons for Jinder. did you see how orton threw one of them like a rag doll on the PPV and any NXT fan saw them as the Bollywood boys. I agree that he has had a dramatic body change, which is why Im sure why he is getting a massive push from Vince besides the reason that the WWE network has recently been added to India. I agree that he will drop the belt by atleast the next smackdown ppv.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 23, 2017, 7:45 PM Post
I get that Balor and Nakamura are popular with the wrestling in-crowd.

But their entrance is way to long.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2017, 3:38 AM Post
OK I might watch ESPN again on Nov 7th.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/07/26/ric-flair-30-30-trailer-espn

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2017, 9:01 AM Post
This will be awesome

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 08, 2017, 9:18 AM Post
It's a totally weird thing to say, but I've only cried twice while watching wrestling. The first time was Ric Flair's retirement ceremony on Raw after he lost to Shawn Michaels and then again watching the his 30 For 30. It got real emotional toward the end.

On a lighter note, though, any fans of WCW should check out the What Happened When Mondays podcast with Tony Schiovane. Tony talks about his experiences working with WCW. The real Tony is a lot different from the guy who did commentary ringside for so many years and is a lot more interesting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 08, 2017, 10:28 AM Post
Listening to Schiavone talk about some of the PPVs, especially the Halloween Havoc's have been hilarious. The one he did about Bobby Heenan shortly before his death is also great. He really has a nice sense of humor and that surprised me because he was seemed like such a jerk on Twitter only a few years back.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 08, 2017, 3:27 PM Post
I thought the 30 for 30 did a very good job of telling his story. I think Flair has realized where he has messed up in life but wouldn't change a bit of it. I liked the line "Wrestling gave me everything and I paid the price". perfect summary of his life.

It was cool to see the Undertaker out of character. There were some things that I didn't know about (drinking 15 drinks a day, quitting wrestling only to be chased down by Vern Gagne in a bar and told he is not quitting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 08, 2017, 5:05 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
I thought the 30 for 30 did a very good job of telling his story. I think Flair has realized where he has messed up in life but wouldn't change a bit of it. I liked the line "Wrestling gave me everything and I paid the price". perfect summary of his life.

It was cool to see the Undertaker out of character. There were some things that I didn't know about (drinking 15 drinks a day, quitting wrestling only to be chased down by Vern Gagne in a bar and told he is not quitting.

I thought that was kind of interesting. A lot of times when people live a life like he has they either regret it or at least admit they should have done things differently. Ric fully owns to everything he did and has no shame or regrets about it. I'm not taking a moral stance on it either way, I just found his perspective interesting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 09, 2017, 10:37 AM Post
Yeah I thought it was pretty well done.

However, I watched with my wife who had no idea who Ric Flair was and she just came away from the whole thing thinking he was a big jerk (she used a different word that I don't think would pass the filter here).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2018, 7:22 PM Post
You get a middle finger....you get a middle finger...EVERYBODY GETS MIDDLE FINGERS!!!!

Vince McMahon taking Stone Cold stunners at 72 is impressive.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2018, 8:49 PM Post
Well it wasn't the best stunner in the world, but still impressive.

Looks like Taker hung it up today officially, so no truth to the Cena - Taker rumors at WM.

Not sure why they did't wait until the rumble for the Hardy - Wyatt match.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2018, 9:20 PM Post
Crap, was gonna watch Raw tonight. Do they have replays anywhere? I know a few years ago that had very condensed episodes available but I'd like to see the whole thing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 29, 2018, 11:07 AM Post
Watched most of Royal Rumble last night. Haven't watched wrestling in about 5 or 6 years so I hardly knew anyone. I've got to say, in terms of in-ring ability, the guys they have now are great. So many with actual skills instead of just jacked up freaks with 5 moves. They have women wrestlers too, not just T&A models. But it would be nice if more of them weren't so gimmicky and dressed like cartoon characters. And being in Philly it was an amazing crowd. However, there was nothing that made me want to get back into watching. Nothing storyline wise grabbed my attention.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 30, 2018, 8:05 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Crap, was gonna watch Raw tonight. Do they have replays anywhere? I know a few years ago that had very condensed episodes available but I'd like to see the whole thing.

I know you can watch RAW the following day on the USA app. The do show the condensed show on Hulu or else you can see highlights on the WWE Facebook page.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 30, 2018, 8:07 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Nothing storyline wise grabbed my attention.

Its the calm before the storm. The Rumble is the kickoff traditionally to all Wrestlemania storylines. I will agree with you, that it has been pretty weak of late, storyline wise.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 30, 2018, 8:12 PM Post
my 2 cents on the rumble, is that they got both matches correct. Unlike the past few years where their decision was baffling (orton, reigns, batista), they set up 2 wonderful WM matches. Didn't overthink it, both choices were obvious, the only other man i could see wining was Balor, but we saw that match before and his push has been stalled.

I wish is was asuka vs Charlotte and not Bliss but I will take it.

I thought Ronda looked very awkward doing the tradional Wrestlemania sign pointing. I am curious on how she will do in the ring (I think she will be good), but will be a mess on the mike.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 31, 2018, 8:00 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

I thought you cut the cord, but if you have cable and the Universal HD channel they replay both RAW and Smackdown on Saturday nights back to back at least twice each. It's literally their entire Saturday night programming.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 62 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply