LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 22 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

taking a small stadium tour in June...

Offline  Re: taking a small stadium tour in June...

Posted: June 03, 2017, 7:05 PM Post
I've been to 14 of the current 30 stadiums, including Toronto, Detroit, and Cleveland. It's my personal preference, but I like to use public transportation (trains or subway) when possible. You can usually find cheaper hotels a little farther away from the stadium, plus you can avoid driving in traffic in an unfamiliar city.

Are you doing the Lake Erie loop? Any other stops along the way? Niagara Falls is worth a visit, even with a bunch of guys. You can also do a Labatt Brewery tour in London, Ontario.

Comerica Park is nice, but downtown Detroit is awful. Simply the ugliest downtown I've seen. I was pestered every 20 feet by someone trying to sell me tix or fundraiser candy sold from a large black garbage bag. There was some graffiti on a garbage can inside the stadium and some dude was smoking weed inside the men's room.

Progressive Field was above average, but I don't remember too much about it. Cleveland is also rough, but not as bad as Detroit. If you have an extra couple hours and you are a fan, The Christmas Story house is worth a tour.

Toronto has become my favorite city in the world. It's a very fit and active city. People were out walking everywhere. My buddy and I were going to take the subway to Rogers, but ended up walking two miles to the stadium because the vibe in the city was so cool. Rogers is ok. It is missing a welcoming, grandiose front entrance. Had authentic Canadian poutine for the first time, and that. Ended up sitting next to a couple of female Blue Jay fans and struck up a random conversation. They were ultra impressed with my geography-nerd knowledge. (I named the capitals of all the provinces.) Went to a bar after the game and our new Canadian friends refused to let us pay for any drinks. I found that Canadians are ultra-friendly and care what Americans think of them.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: taking a small stadium tour in June...

Posted: June 04, 2017, 1:07 PM Post
If in Toronto and since you have to go thru the hassle of passport, I'd go to Niagara Falls for a day.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 22 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply