LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 70 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

MUST-SEE MOVIES

Offline  Re: MUST-SEE MOVIES

Posted: April 21, 2018, 3:55 PM Post
If you haven't seen Super Troopers 2 yet you have to go see it. I couldn't stop laughing the jokes were awesome and some of the slap stick comedy was pure awesome! This is the best comedy movie I have seen in a long time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 21, 2018, 4:23 PM Post
nate82 said:
If you haven't seen Super Troopers 2 yet you have to go see it. I couldn't stop laughing the jokes were awesome and some of the slap stick comedy was pure awesome! This is the best comedy movie I have seen in a long time.

Agreed. While it wasn’t like their first, it stands alone. Very, very funny. Happy for those guys to follow up what they did the first time around as they seem like quality guys.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: MUST-SEE MOVIES

Posted: April 21, 2018, 6:17 PM Post
Red Sparrow is tremendous!

Quiet Place is awesome as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 21, 2018, 9:19 PM Post
Brew4U said:
nate82 said:

Agreed. While it wasn’t like their first, it stands alone. Very, very funny. Happy for those guys to follow up what they did the first time around as they seem like quality guys.

A friend saw it today and said it was terrible. I'll see when I get around to watching it in 4 or 5 years.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 21, 2018, 10:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
Watched 'The Post' tonight. Good movie. Great? No. But a good old school newspaper drama. Really well done - great cast, beautifully shot, well-paced.

Finally saw 'Dunkirk' last weekend. That was a good flick as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 22, 2018, 10:50 AM Post
Global Moderator
reillymcshane said:
Watched 'The Post' tonight. Good movie. Great? No. But a good old school newspaper drama. Really well done - great cast, beautifully shot, well-paced.

Finally saw 'Dunkirk' last weekend. That was a good flick as well.

Agreed on The Post. Good, not great. I love movies centered around newspapers for some reason.
I think Dunkirk is one of those movies that is really best viewed in a theater with incredible sound.....like IMAX.

Others I've seen recently (trying to catch up on 2016 Oscar nominees before I tackle 2017):
Audition: Japanese horror classic. Dude loses his wife to cancer and his friend decides to hold auditions for a fake movie in order for his buddy to meet women. Moves slowly but the last 30 minutes are like David Lynch meets Eli Roth. Crazy, cringe worthy violence
Hush: low budget horror film from a few years ago. Really well done. A deaf, mute woman who lives out in the woods is stalked by a killer.
La La Land: Modern day fairytale about making it in show business. I thought it was cute but guessing most guys on this board won't dig it.
Manchester By The Sea: Holy depressing, batman. Story about a guy who becomes legal guardian of his 16 year old nephew which might require him to move back to his hometown where, uh, some bad stuff happened to him. Great flick.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 22, 2018, 2:51 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Brew4U said:
nate82 said:

A friend saw it today and said it was terrible. I'll see when I get around to watching it in 4 or 5 years.

I have probably seen the first Super Troopers 40 times and obviously really liked it. I saw the second one last night and it was really bad; like embarrassing to be watching it bad. If you like corny Canada jokes, you are in luck!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 23, 2018, 11:07 AM Post
turborickey said:

I have to disagree with you. Sure, seeing Jennifer Lawrence in full dominatrix mode was entertaining, but the cast around her was weak. Oh well...

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: MUST-SEE MOVIES

Posted: April 23, 2018, 7:43 PM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
turborickey said:

I have to disagree with you. Sure, seeing Jennifer Lawrence in full dominatrix mode was entertaining, but the cast around her was weak. Oh well...

agree to disagree then.

[tongue]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 25, 2018, 11:20 AM Post
turborickey said:
Samurai Bucky said:
turborickey said:

agree to disagree then.

[tongue]

[laughing]
Circle gets the square...

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 70 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply