LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 142 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

MUST-SEE MOVIES

Offline  Re: MUST-SEE MOVIES
Posted: March 07, 2019, 11:02 AM Post
turborickey said:
nate82 said:
lStupid plot twist that completely derails the movie.

That is exactly what I thought about Serenity. Movie is moving along nicely, it's enjoyable, then BAMO! Wrecked with stupid nonsense.

FWIW, the spoiler was there because if there was a sequel, they needed to make things logical. That being said, if people wanted to still be involved, they would work around the spoiler.

I'm going to see Captain Marvel tonight. I'm going into this not expecting it to be good, but to continue the saga of this lengthy multiverse. I am curious how things will impact the endgame. Captain Marvel is supposed to take place in the mid 90s before any of the Avengers take place. Some minor stuff from Agents of Shield have occurred but its a relatively dead period.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2019, 4:47 PM Post
Rocket Man is NOT a must see movie... In fact, I'd rather have my money back.

About half way through, I started thinking about what I was going to do when I left the theatre. Started watching the clock, waiting for it to be over.

Borefest.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 12, 2019, 6:47 AM Post
I was a huge fan of Rocket Man. I would say if you like Jersey Boys, Bohemian Rhapsody, and the music of Elton John, there's a good chance you'd like Rocket Man. Then again, just getting out on a date night is a big deal anymore for us.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 12, 2019, 7:42 AM Post
I haven't seen either one but Rocket Man got far higher critical acclaim than Bohemian Rhapsody, where the consensus was basically a mediocre movie carried by the lead performance. Those types of movies just don't move me to the cinema though. I just don't have a problem waiting for them to show up on a streaming service.

I think I normally get to the movies twice a year and this year I'll probably be there about 10 times. I'm a sucker for Blockbusters and there are a lot of them this year. Captain Marvel, End Game, Spiderman, possibly MIB, Aladdin, Lion King, Joker, Frozen 2, Star Wars, Toy Story 4...I'll probably see them all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 12, 2019, 8:48 AM Post
I liked Rocketman. I didn’t know much about his story so it had my attention in that regard.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 17, 2019, 11:07 AM Post
Men in Black: International was a fun movie. We also saw Secret Life of Pets 2. Kevin Hart is hilarious!!!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 17, 2019, 2:36 PM Post
I haven't been to a theater in a very long time, but the Beatles movie Yesterday looks like fun and I think I'll make an effort to go see that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 5:21 PM Post
Spiderman Far From Home was ok... Slightly disappointing.

The non-stop action CEI, tech scenes were just so long at times.

My least favorite of the new Spiderman movies for sure.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 5:22 PM Post
Has anyone seen Yesterday?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 5:55 PM Post
For some reason I rented The Oath. I was able to make it about 30 minutes before turning it off. What a stupid movie.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 6:42 PM Post
turborickey said:

I thought it was easily the best Spiderman film to date. Cinemascore seems to agree. Definitely can tell they were trying to lighten the mood after Endgame.

Edit: I take that back, Spiderverse was exceptional, but still thought this was great.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 8:01 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
turborickey said:

I thought it was easily the best Spiderman film to date. Cinemascore seems to agree. Definitely can tell they were trying to lighten the mood after Endgame.

Edit: I take that back, Spiderverse was exceptional, but still thought this was great.

Agreed. Thought it was a lot of fun. Not sure if it was my favorite but Tom Holland is so much better as Spiderman than Toby McGuire and Andrew Garfield. He is perfect for the part. Thought it had good twists as well

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 8:03 PM Post
Then we agree to disagree...

I don't really care what cinemascore says, or any other publication, I thought it was not that great.

It was just ok for me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 8:16 PM Post
I really enjoyed Spider-Man as well. Could lead to some good story lines.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
turborickey said:
Then we agree to disagree...

I don't really care what cinemascore says, or any other publication, I thought it was not that great.

It was just ok for me.

Ok? It wasn't an attack. I was just saying that I thought it was good. Cinemascore isn't a publication. It's an aggregate that measures audience reaction which is why I mentioned it. It got an A, which is fairly uncommon although so did Shaft.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 9:13 PM Post
Saw the trailer for Midway when seeing Spiderman. Not sure how I feel about this as I liked the original. I really liked Dunkirk and love the war movies and it looks like they are making a little bit of a comeback? Hopefully it will be more like Dunkirk and not like Pearl Harbor please no stupid random love triangle.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 11, 2019, 4:12 AM Post
We saw Yesterday this past weekend. I thought it was pretty good. Interesting plot add in Beatles music, very easy for me to like. Not sure it's a must watch, but a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 11, 2019, 10:29 AM Post
Saw the trailer for the Springsteen fan movie thing and thought it looked kinda funny. Nice to see a semi original idea. Blinded by the Light I think it's called.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 12, 2019, 7:48 AM Post
Saw Yesterday...uh...yesterday. Enjoyed it. Docduany's comment of "very easy to like" is apt. It fits if you're looking for a movie which everyone in the party would enjoy. But it's 'light' in that the depth isn't there to be worth talking about much longer after you leave the theater.

So we've got Queen, Elton John, The Beatles, Motley Crue (or something like them) and now Bruce Springsteen. So I guess as the alternative to superhero movies the singer biopic is what we're going to get a million of?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 12, 2019, 11:43 AM Post
The Springsteen one, from what I gathered, wasn't quite the same ilk. It was more Borat going to find Pamela Anderson type thing than really being about Bruce Springsteen.

But yeah, probably, since their budgets aren't terribly high and they draw decently well.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 142 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply