LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  [ 200 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

MUST-SEE MOVIES

Offline  Re: MUST-SEE MOVIES
Posted: May 23, 2020, 9:17 PM Post
I watched The Gentleman last night and really enjoyed it. The only downside was that it was a little hard to understand at times with the accent.

Also, if you don't like the "C" word, don't watch this movie.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2020, 8:32 AM Post
wallus said:
I watched The Gentleman last night and really enjoyed it. The only downside was that it was a little hard to understand at times with the accent.

This one is on my list, thanks for the review!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2020, 8:34 AM Post
Global Moderator
wallus said:

Cubs?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2020, 9:16 AM Post
Global Moderator
wallus said:

I watch a lot of Brit gangster movies and shows, and the "C" word gets thrown around rather casually in a lot of those shows. To the Brits (and Aussies), the C word is a generic term for "jerk" or "arsehole" or whatever you want to call it. It's definitely not in the same level of nuclear apocalyptic swearword that it is in the US. Apologize if I'm explaining something that people already know, but, there ya go.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2020, 2:15 PM Post
homer said:
wallus said:

Cubs?

Either that or Cardinals.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2020, 4:20 PM Post
homer said:
wallus said:

Cubs?

To me, that C word is much more offensive.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 14, 2020, 6:32 PM Post
Global Moderator
Da 5 Bloods is very good. A sneaky genre film that's always about something and features a terrific ensemble. With Delroy Lindo being a particular standout.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 14, 2020, 10:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
I watched Knives Out again last night (had seen it in the theater last November). Just a really fun movie. Great cast. Not a typical whodunit.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 15, 2020, 3:17 PM Post
reillymcshane said:
I watched Knives Out again last night (had seen it in the theater last November). Just a really fun movie. Great cast. Not a typical whodunit.

Finally saw it this past weekend. Fully agree with you, Reilly. I really enjoyed the movie. It's a bit of a modern twist and a partial sendup of the classic whodunits. I've seen references to a potential followup/sequel. I'll be curious to see how well that might go.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 17, 2020, 10:12 AM Post
ReverendBrewmeister said:
reillymcshane said:

Finally saw it this past weekend. Fully agree with you, Reilly. I really enjoyed the movie. It's a bit of a modern twist and a partial sendup of the classic whodunits. I've seen references to a potential followup/sequel. I'll be curious to see how well that might go.

I think the plan is to just make another Benoit Blanc mystery without any of the Thrombeys. Which could be interesting. If they can make them nearly as good as Knives Out I'd be more than willing to see one every year or two.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 17, 2020, 10:24 AM Post
Not necessarily a must see, but this past Friday watched "Brian's Song" completely unaware yesterday was the 50th anniversary of Brian Piccolo's death.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 17, 2020, 11:48 AM Post
Global Moderator
TheEndless7 said:
ReverendBrewmeister said:
reillymcshane said:

I think the plan is to just make another Benoit Blanc mystery without any of the Thrombeys. Which could be interesting. If they can make them nearly as good as Knives Out I'd be more than willing to see one every year or two.

Yeah, I read it was going to be following Benoit Blanc - which makes sense. No point it rehashing the rest of the characters - their story is said and done. They got what they all deserved - no point trying to 'top' that. Plus, a new mystery and a new cast offers a way to keep things fresh.

Daniel Craig looks like he is having the time of his life in the movie.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 17, 2020, 3:38 PM Post
Global Moderator
Under the Hall of Very Good to See Movies, I'd add The Quiet Place. Very interesting thriller with very little dialog. Not a horror movie (not gory), but borderline thriller-horror.

And as an added bonus...if you watch closely you realize that the "bad guys" appear in 2020...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 10:24 AM Post
Global Moderator
Apparently Jurassic Park and Jaws were the #1 and #2 films at the box office over the weekend.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 11:02 AM Post
RobertR said:
Apparently Jurassic Park and Jaws were the #1 and #2 films at the box office over the weekend.

Must be the “new normal”: Spielberg summer blockbusters in a repeat form.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 24, 2020, 9:38 AM Post
Global Moderator
My kids loved Jaws, but we watched it at home. I think they've seen Jurassic Park, but its been a number of years.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 18, 2020, 7:39 AM Post
Global Moderator
Last weekend was probably the weekend of the year with Palm Springs, The Old Guard, and Greyhound debuting on streaming and First Cow hitting digital purchase. Heck, I heard good things about The Relic as well.

FWIW, Palm Springs is very good.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 18, 2020, 8:52 AM Post
Global Moderator
We watched Palm Springs last night. I enjoyed it

The Old Guard was fine for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Kind of on the level of John Wick.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2020, 11:45 AM Post
FINALLY saw Joker. Very interesting. Am I to understand that it should not be considered canon?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2020, 12:35 PM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
FINALLY saw Joker. Very interesting. Am I to understand that it should not be considered canon?

It is not canon.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  [ 200 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply