LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 89 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

MUST-SEE MOVIES

Offline  Re: MUST-SEE MOVIES

Posted: November 26, 2018, 4:41 PM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
Resurrecting the thread...

Saw Creed II. Very very good...

That is on my list...The first Creed was good, not great, just good. Something about watching guys take that many major blows to the head (like the old Rocky movies) was a bit much, given what we know today.

Still have to see II though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 26, 2018, 4:42 PM Post
If you want to be entertained for a couple hours, Instant Family was pretty good. My wife drug me to it, and I expected nothing, but was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 26, 2018, 4:43 PM Post
Loved Eastwood's "Old Man and a Gun."

Also REALLY loved "A Star Is Born." Another one I didn't expect to like, but it was great.

Bohemian Rhapsody was good, would liked to have seen more on the making of their early albums, etc., but it was entertaining.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 27, 2018, 7:12 AM Post
Samurai Bucky said:

Agreed. It was an awesome movie.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 04, 2018, 9:04 PM Post
Global Moderator
Watched Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix last week. I can't say it was the best Coen Bros thing I've ever seen but I really enjoyed it. They just nail that old western dialog. My only qualm was that of the shorts only one or arguably two had a discernible beginning, middle, and end. Most felt like Act I of a three act play. Tom Waits in particular was great. He needs more acting gigs.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 05, 2018, 8:24 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Samurai Bucky said:

Agreed. It was an awesome movie.

Saw it last night, worth seeing for sure...

Not much new can be added to your typical ROCKY mix, but I found it to be greatly entertaining...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 06, 2018, 7:12 AM Post
From the reports out of Stallone, that was it for Rocky. I think the next film should center around his death myself. Kind of a homage to Mick dying in Rocky's 3rd movie, this would be Creed's third movie as well. Although I will say, the franchise without Rocky's dialogue might get lost in a hurry.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 06, 2018, 9:01 AM Post
Brew4U said:
From the reports out of Stallone, that was it for Rocky. I think the next film should center around his death myself. Kind of a homage to Mick dying in Rocky's 3rd movie, this would be Creed's third movie as well. Although I will say, the franchise without Rocky's dialogue might get lost in a hurry.

Without Stallone/Rocky, I won't have much interest in other Creed films. To be honest, the actor that plays Creed is pretty blah. I just haven't found myself liking him much.

On the flipside, and I felt a little guilty about these thoughts, I found myself more drawn to Drago's son than Creed. Viktor Drago has obviously led a much more interesting and painful life that Adonis Creed. His character drew more emotion out of me than Creed, and I found myself feeling genuinely sorry for him.. That is all I can say without posting spoilers, so I'll let it go at that...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 06, 2018, 9:17 AM Post
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:

Without Stallone/Rocky, I won't have much interest in other Creed films. To be honest, the actor that plays Creed is pretty blah. I just haven't found myself liking him much.

On the flipside, and I felt a little guilty about these thoughts, I found myself more drawn to Drago's son than Creed. Viktor Drago has obviously led a much more interesting and painful life that Adonis Creed. His character drew more emotion out of me than Creed, and I found myself feeling genuinely sorry for him.. That is all I can say without posting spoilers, so I'll let it go at that...

I don't want to give away spoilers either but I know you are not alone in this thought.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 89 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply