LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 103 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Sports Betting

Online  Re: Sports Betting
Posted: October 10, 2019, 1:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
I started following some betting guys on twitter and they all say betting games against the spread is a fool's errand. Betting halftime spreads, O/U, and futures is a better way to go (per them). Also, if you bet college it's best to focus on a small conference - so maybe the MAC for football or some goofy conference with Wofford and Elon in basketball. Reason being not as many handicappers follow those teams so if you have some good research and info you can find an edge.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Sports Betting
Posted: October 10, 2019, 2:29 PM Post
Yea my most profitable area has been 1Hs for sure. Catching Unders due to weather situations is a good one too. But as long as you keep everything in reason and not at prices that you just shouldn't be betting and just view it as entertainment and just for fun then what's the harm. It's like anything else people do for fun, movies, dinners, shows, etc.

I also agree on small school stuff, when MACtion starts later this year I've done shockingly well over the years, one year was like 17 straight on those games and O/Us. I'd just look at both teams normal scores, do some simple math and a lot of times be shocked at the line being off a bunch, and it usually worked. I didn't bet at all last season though on anything, I wouldn't have started again if it not being legalized in Iowa.

NFL just seems impossible to me, so much attention on those lines it's tough to beat them, as you point out. I'm at 24-14 on any normal straight odds bet so far which is 63%. Take out NFL and I'm sure that would go up, hindsight I should've separated those in the data but at this point I'm basically going to quit NFL other than a few dollars on a parlay hoping to get lucky. I just don't enjoy watching NFL anyway.

ETA: Got Yanks at +320 for the WS last night. Great price, though of course I realize Houston is stacked.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Sports Betting
Posted: October 13, 2019, 8:52 AM Post
Global Moderator
Anyone do daily fantasy football betting? Curious if you have any sites you use for research. I follow the Establish the Run guys on Twitter but their subscription site is pricey.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 103 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply