LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 79 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Sports Betting

Offline  Re: Sports Betting

Posted: April 16, 2019, 7:55 AM Post
RobDeer 45 said:
Did you see that guy who placed the bet is from a small town in Western WI? They said he's not a wealthy person by any means. Pretty wild that he would put that much down, and that he won.

I did not, could you send a link or share what he/she did?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 16, 2019, 12:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-wisconsin-mans-bet-that-tiger-woods-would-claim-masters-title-won-him-more-than-1-2-million/

Here is the story. Seems a little fishy....

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Sports Betting

Posted: April 16, 2019, 1:21 PM Post
He had $85k, he may not be wealthy, but surely isn't anywhere near poor. He also claims it was his first sports bet ever.

Yah, okay...likely story. He is an idiot who has a betting addiction. He says he is "responsible" and a "finance guy". Yet, puts $85k down on Tiger Woods.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 16, 2019, 5:35 PM Post
Or we need to check his garage for a delorian and/or sports almanac.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 17, 2019, 8:55 AM Post
Global Moderator
Ya, I don't think he's poor by any means. The article said everything he could afford to lose, so he has more. There is just a lot of the story that seems unbelievable. No way that's his first bet, unless he was betting for someone. I bet more will come out on this story.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 17, 2019, 9:03 AM Post
Global Moderator
Back to betting, I've been doing pretty good with betting Brewer's games at -1.5 when I think they will win. I've been getting +150 to +165 on those bets, so pretty good payoff for basically picking the winner when they are favored. Small sample size right now. I've never really bet much on baseball, so we'll see how this continues to play out.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 17, 2019, 10:59 AM Post
Global Moderator
RobDeer 45 said:
Did you see that guy who placed the bet is from a small town in Western WI? They said he's not a wealthy person by any means. Pretty wild that he would put that much down, and that he won.

And he's also a serial domestic abuser.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/g ... 487724002/

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 17, 2019, 11:53 AM Post
homer said:
RobDeer 45 said:

And he's also a serial domestic abuser.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/g ... 487724002/

Seems like a nice guy.

USA TODAY Sports gave Adducci the opportunity to explain his numerous arrests.

"Everyone and their brother can go online and look up anything they want, and I don’t give a (expletive)," Adducci said. "Obviously, I had $85,000 to place toward a bet. I have the ability to make $1.2 million. When was the last time you did that? If you want to get personal, who the hell are you to call me and think you have anything to ask me about anything?"

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 17, 2019, 2:05 PM Post
Ha okay....definitely confirmed he is an idiot.

I figured there was a reason he didn't want to say where he was from. As it was pretty easy to google search and find La Crosse as the likely location. Not sure you would go seeking attention when you are a literal pile of poo. Whatever reporter called to ask him that....they deserve a medal. haha

Gotta love a guy who explains his superior status by his money and his luck found way to make a million.

EDIT: Sounds like the wife doesn't exist either. Which isn't surprising as he beats women for a living.

Last edited by MrTPlush on April 18, 2019, 1:01 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 18, 2019, 11:20 AM Post
Wisconsin Circuit Court Access web site -- LaCrosse county

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 19, 2019, 9:25 AM Post
Bucks are -8.5 as of now. I'd be all over that and I'd guess that's over 10 by game time if not closer to 13.

GSW last night -8 was a freebie too. Knew they'd come out focused after that collapse the previous game

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 19, 2019, 1:20 PM Post
Global Moderator
Yep, I took that GSW line. Good call on the Bucks too. I think they should continue to roll.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2019, 5:58 AM Post
Are you guys playing online or have a local guy? I tried to get in on the Derby via TVG or Twin Spires, both of which are legal in about 50% of USA, but not Wisconsin.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2019, 10:01 AM Post
Local

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2019, 10:34 AM Post
Global Moderator
online - bovada

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 13, 2019, 6:11 PM Post
The Brewers are 12-2 when Woodruff starts. 11 of those wins are by greater than 1.5. Some friends and I have been hammering games he starts with action on both game and run line. I just wish I had taken the adjusted run line last night (since they were dogs).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2019, 2:24 PM Post
Not sure if anybody noticed but Illinois signed a sports betting bill into law, doesn't look like it will be available for a few months but soon should be able to bet on Brewers/Bucks/Packers etc. legally without having to go to a place like Vegas.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2019, 3:49 PM Post
Just want to see online poker come back.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 19, 2019, 1:35 PM Post
Sports betting opened in Iowa last week. For us on the Madison side of the state that's an easy drive to get involved. I'll probably make a trip before first week of college football and see how it all works/looks. Hoping it's as simple as in Vegas without any weird systems.

I don't see a date for when Illinois goes live yet for MKE folks.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 79 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply