Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 76 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Best TV Shows

Offline  Re: Best TV Shows

Posted: March 17, 2018, 2:32 PM Post
I enjoyed the first seasons of both Ozark and Taboo

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 17, 2018, 3:43 PM Post
My son enjoys Odd Squad on PBS. If you're forced to watch children's programming this is pretty good. Straight up Canadian humour with lots of adult orientated jokes and references. Plus an episode guest starring 3/5 of the Kids in the Hall.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 19, 2018, 9:03 AM Post
Rick and Morty - lives up to the hype. Smart, crude, irreverent, hilarious.

Westworld - season 1 - early episodes do a lot of world-building and set-up, so it may feel slow but the payoff in the last few episodes make it so worth it. Also, Anthony Hopkins, need I say more? - Season 2 coming in late April, can't wait!

Game of Thrones - duh

LOST - recently re-watched this, remembered it being really good but re-watching it was even better than I expected. I think binge watching improved the experience. It had been long enough for me to forget a lot of how things went down the first time I watched it. Great, great show.

The Good Place - Few episodes in and liking it. Same dude that wrote for The Office and that was writing and in charge of Parks & Rec is running this show.

The Magicians - Angsty grad-school aged millennials in the real world that can do magic. A grown up, harsher Harry Potter type show. With sex, alcohol and drugs (college kids doing college kid things) and a cable network (SYFY) that doesn't mind using uncensored F-bombs. Really. Fun show if you like that kind of thing.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Best TV Shows

Posted: March 19, 2018, 2:12 PM Post
Season two of Sneaky Pete was good but not quite as good as season one for me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 19, 2018, 2:13 PM Post
The shows I look most forward to watching are as follows:

Walking Dead
Better Call Saul
Fargo
Orange is the New Black
American Pickers
Survivor
Big Brother

After those, there are a lot of shows I DVR, but I could live without them.

One that is on the bubble for me is Designated Survivor. Great concept to start, but now it is shark jumping almost every week.

I really like The Good Place and Corporate. Big Bang Theory is always good for laughs. The Mick is also a show I enjoy, and The Detour is hit and miss. One week it is really good, then the next is meh.

EDIT: I left off LA to Vegas, so far I have really enjoyed this show... It is actually funny every week!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 22, 2018, 11:26 AM Post
We've been watching the following:

Westworld
Crashing
Shameless (though we're in the middle of season 6 and we're beginning to lose interest)
Atlanta
Game of Thrones
Flint Town
The Deuce
Everything Sucks
Home Improvement (We always have a "mindless" sitcom series on when we wanna watch something light)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 22, 2018, 8:03 PM Post
A few shows I am watching:

The Blacklist
Lethal Weapon
LA to Vegas

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 23, 2018, 8:00 AM Post
wallus said:
A few shows I am watching:

The Blacklist
Lethal Weapon
LA to Vegas

I used to watch the Blacklist, but after season 3 I think, I gave up... Just became uninteresting to me. Spader is awesome though!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 23, 2018, 10:54 AM Post
Sherlock is quite good.

Also really liked Ozark - though a bit too graphic in places for my taste.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 23, 2018, 10:56 AM Post
Also really into Live PD. It can be redundant, but you never ever know what is going to happen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 23, 2018, 11:26 AM Post
Global Moderator
abqbrewer said:
Also really into Live PD. It can be redundant, but you never ever know what is going to happen.

Watched that a few times. I still love watching an episode of COPS here and there. So is this show really live or just made to look live? Always wanted to know....or maybe I don't want to know if it's the wrong answer.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 23, 2018, 2:26 PM Post
RobDeer 45 said:
abqbrewer said:

Watched that a few times. I still love watching an episode of COPS here and there. So is this show really live or just made to look live? Always wanted to know....or maybe I don't want to know if it's the wrong answer.

It is definitely on a delay and not 100% live.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 23, 2018, 4:12 PM Post
We watch a lot of TV.
-A.P. Bio - PLEASE WATCH IT!! It's a mid season show and those always struggle for another season. Very funny. Seth Myers is an executive producer and it has his style of humor.
-Brooklyn 99
-LA->Vegas
-Modern Family
-The Big Band Theory (ready for the end though)

-Stranger Things -Thanks to the Brewerfan recommendation. LOVED IT!!
-Better Call Saul
-Ozark - really enjoyed season 1, quite dark
-Peaky Blinders
-Game of Thrones
-Poldark
-Into the Badlands
-The Son (love westerns)

Going to give the new Roseanne a shot. We watched it when I was a kid.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 23, 2018, 7:11 PM Post
docduany have you watched Westworld? Literally sci-fi western.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 23, 2018, 9:14 PM Post
During Police Academy someone asked a detective if she watched COPS. She said she did at first but now it was like turning on the tv only to be right back at work. I still like those shows, though. Especially Appalachian Outlaws because the locations are a 20-minute drive for me. BTW, you touch the back of the car for two reasons: One, because if you get killed your prints are on the car, and two: to check that the trunk is shut in case of ambush. I'd play Reno 911 24/7 if it ever came to Netflix.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 23, 2018, 9:55 PM Post
SeaBass said:

I did watch the first season and am eagerly anticipating season two in April!! I definitely didn't see the twists coming in that one.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2018, 3:52 PM Post
SeaBass said:

I always felt that was one of the best things about Firefly. It mixed the best of westerns and sci-fi so perfectly.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 02, 2018, 11:11 PM Post
On the older side, but this week's episode of "Brooklyn 99" inspired me to go back and watch the "Homicide" episode "3 Men and Adena." That show was, for the first few seasons at least, one of the best I've ever seen, and it was also fun to watch Andre Braugher go back and do what was basically a comedic version of perhaps its best episode on "99."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 03, 2018, 8:53 AM Post
Speaking of older - 'The Shield' is my all-time favorite show - tremendous cast, especially Michael Chiklis and Walton Goggins.

Another one I've dusted off as of late - Babylon 5. It was very low-budget, a lot of the acting was over-the-top, and the CGI effects, while groundbreaking at the time, are extremely dated now. Despite all of that, the story arc that builds up through the first couple seasons and finally starts culminating around the end of season 2, still makes it a good watch overall.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 03, 2018, 9:42 AM Post
If you're into the show/movie format involving drugs and a main character narrative as things unfold (ala Blow, Goodfellas), then Narcos is a great show. First two seasons focus on Pablo Escobar, while Season 3 centers around the Cali cartel following Escobar's death. I'm pretty sure they were working on filming a 4th season centered around Mexican cartels, but a location scout was actually killed looking for sites in Mexico that delayed filming/release of that season. I think it's still coming, though.

I also really enjoyed Ozark, but after how season 1 ended I struggle to see how a 2nd season could keep things within the realm of being realistic and keep the main characters all aboveground.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 76 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply