LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 81 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Best TV Shows

Offline  Re: Best TV Shows

Posted: May 09, 2018, 8:57 PM Post
How many times have you watched season 4? Everyone that I've spoken to who's seen it (myself included) didn't really like it the first time they watched it. After second and more viewings it gets much better. It's tough to put everything together the first time through. Once you've seen the whole thing through and watch it again the jokes and story make more sense.

Yes, the season has been recut into a serial format and I think is already on Netflix.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2018, 11:13 AM Post
Global Moderator
I just got into Ozark on Netflix. I was hooked halfway through episode 1.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2018, 6:42 PM Post
Just saw that Last Man on Earth and Brooklyn 99 were cancelled. [sad]

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Best TV Shows

Posted: May 10, 2018, 7:29 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
Just saw that Last Man on Earth and Brooklyn 99 were cancelled. [sad]

Wait, Last Man canceled, meaning after this season?

Oh boy, the way they left after last week's episode, and they are going to pull the plug?

This is just horrible news.

RATS!

Last edited by turborickey on May 10, 2018, 7:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2018, 7:39 PM Post
Pray for a streaming service pickup?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 11, 2018, 6:58 AM Post
So far it's looking like Hulu will pick up Last Man for an abbreviated final season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 11, 2018, 7:56 AM Post
Mad as hell about Brooklyn 99 being cancelled. I'm a few episodes behind but with Jake and Amy's wedding ending the season (I assume) I guess the series will have reached a logical conclusion.

Last Man on Earth was reaching it's end and there's no way they could put together a full season's worth of episodes to end it. It needs like 6-8 more to get a proper finish.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 11, 2018, 6:47 PM Post
Last Man Standing gets picked up by Fox. Woot!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 11, 2018, 6:57 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Mad as hell about Brooklyn 99 being cancelled. I'm a few episodes behind but with Jake and Amy's wedding ending the season (I assume) I guess the series will have reached a logical conclusion.

Last Man on Earth was reaching it's end and there's no way they could put together a full season's worth of episodes to end it. It needs like 6-8 more to get a proper finish.

How can you possibly know this?

Seriously?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 11, 2018, 7:33 PM Post
turborickey said:
jerichoholicninja said:

How can you possibly know this?

Seriously?

Forte had said during the season they were only doing one more season and they already had the ending planned out. This group of masked people was obviously leading to however it is going to end. Ya, I suppose they could have stretched the storyline out for a full 20 or so episodes but unless they filled it with flashbacks and/or side story episodes I just don't see how they could make a watchable season. But I guess that has basically been the MO of the show. So many episodes are just filler and wheel spinning that don't go anywhere. I really want to find out what's going to happen to the gang and I'd rather get 10 solid episodes that push the story forward than 20 mediocre episodes with irrelevant crap.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2018, 7:47 AM Post
Brooklyn 9-9 is headed to NBC.

Last Man Standing headed to Fox.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2018, 7:54 AM Post
B99 on NBC - Oh Yes!

I’ve read it was a casualty of Thursday Night Football on Fox. There was just less room on the Fall schedule.

Hopefully, NBC gives it a fair shake. Pick a time slot and keep it there. No more 3-month hiatuses.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2018, 8:18 AM Post
Designated Survivor was cancelled yesterday after 2 seasons.

I’m bummed because it was one of the few shows my wife and I enjoyed together, but quality wise, there was a huge drop off from Season 1 to Season 2.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2018, 10:31 AM Post
Global Moderator
homer said:
I just got into Ozark on Netflix. I was hooked halfway through episode 1.

...and I'm done. Haven't binge watched a show like that in a while. I really enjoyed it - surprised I didn't watch it earlier. Breaking Bad in Missouri.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 25, 2018, 12:43 PM Post
Finally got around to the Brooklyn 99 season finale. I guess it's going to NBC so there will be more episodes but the finale would have been a perfect way to end the series aside from the Captain Holt storyline. I get why they brought Fred Arminsen in, since I'm pretty sure his character was in the first scene of the series but I was expecting Jack Black to be the musician they found since Kyle Glass was in the episode too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 25, 2018, 1:14 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Brooklyn 9-9 is headed to NBC.

Noice. Smort.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2018, 5:19 PM Post
This looks interesting

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 30, 2018, 10:17 AM Post
Global Moderator
I just finished season 1 of Lost in Space on Netflix, and I liked (didn't love) it. They made a few changes to the formula, enough to make it fresh. Definitely worth checking out.

I binged season 4 of Peaky Blinders this week, and that's made its way into my top 5 favorite shows of all time. The ending of Season 4 pretty much left me speechless. Cillian Murphy's portrayal of Tommy Shelby is brutal and amazing. Adding Aidan Gillen and Adrian Brody to the cast for season 4 was fantastic.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2018, 9:26 AM Post
LA to Vegas cancelled after just one season.

Bummer.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 03, 2018, 9:39 AM Post
Just binge watched both seasons of October Road. It was a short lived series (2 seasons) from I think 2007 or 2008.

Just love it!!

It got cancelled after it's second season (which bothers me to this day) and didn't get to resolve anything, so on the DVD issue, there is a short "ending episode" that did not air which at the very least ties it up nicely.

For whatever reason, this show hit a nerve with me, and is one of my favorites of all time.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 81 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply