LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 104 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Best TV Shows

Offline  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: January 11, 2019, 2:19 PM Post
Thought about watching Boom in the Valley and then reading this prompted me to do so. Ya, the format is weird. I think I like it but the skits/re-enactment parts make me feel like they're just making stuff up sometimes. Maybe that's their intent though, that some of this stuff is so crazy you can't make it up.

As a huge fan of The Who I knew some of the Michael Fenne/David Kim Stanley story as they (along with KISS and some other major musicians) were unwittingly part of his largest scam. So I'm kind of looking forward to how much of that they cover.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 11, 2019, 2:24 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
While I don't think it will be, the season finale of South Park felt a lot like a series finale. I think they may have even referenced my theory that they used this season to try and get cancelled when the boys said something like "everything gets cancelled because people get offended but no matter what we do we can't get people mad enough to get cancelled" and then lamenting about "how much longer can we do this?"

I used to be a huge South Park fan and to me it's really tailed off the last few years to the point where I haven't even watched the series finale yet.

Although I enjoy the satire, at some point it feels like they started trying too hard to constantly be making points rather than just being funny.

I still enioy Family Guy quite a bit, to me that's aged better.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 11, 2019, 2:53 PM Post
adambr2 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
While I don't think it will be, the season finale of South Park felt a lot like a series finale. I think they may have even referenced my theory that they used this season to try and get cancelled when the boys said something like "everything gets cancelled because people get offended but no matter what we do we can't get people mad enough to get cancelled" and then lamenting about "how much longer can we do this?"

I used to be a huge South Park fan and to me it's really tailed off the last few years to the point where I haven't even watched the series finale yet.

Although I enjoy the satire, at some point it feels like they started trying too hard to constantly be making points rather than just being funny.

I still enioy Family Guy quite a bit, to me that's aged better.

I thought this season was better than seasons past. They went back more to the roots of their satire and just had funny episodes instead of this huge drawn out season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 11, 2019, 2:53 PM Post
Family guy can't age because there is no substance to it. I'm not saying it's never funny, I've laughed hysterically at many of their scenes, but all they're really doing is conjuring up random funny stuff. They constantly insert daydreams and "remember the time" scenes in the middle of episodes. It's actually an ingenious formula in that it makes the need to create new relevant material much less demanding.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 104 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply