LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Best TV Shows

Online  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: June 15, 2019, 8:26 PM Post
Netflix- When They See Us

Hard watch but very good. Very sad to see those lives changed by some pretty awful people in the justice system.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: June 15, 2019, 8:56 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Netflix- When They See Us

Hard watch but very good. Very sad to see those lives changed by some pretty awful people in the justice system.

A poster on realgm is a co-writer of this.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 15, 2019, 10:15 PM Post
Just finished season one of GoT.

I'm into it...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 19, 2019, 7:47 PM Post
Finished season 2 of GoT and am 4 episodes into season 3.

Can't quit now!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:43 PM Post
turborickey said:

Can't quit now!

Sure you can! I did!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2019, 8:38 AM Post
Oxy said:
turborickey said:

Can't quit now!

Sure you can! I did!

Nope, there is no way, just finished season 3.....wow!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2019, 11:51 PM Post
Pretty speedy binge [laughing]

Ah it's such a good show.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2019, 10:10 AM Post
SeaBass said:
Pretty speedy binge [laughing]

Ah it's such a good show.

Yeah, I am now 2 episodes into season 4.

I have had some really late nights, but hard to turn it off. Glad I'm a teacher, I have some free time during the summer.

My wife is not watching with me, surely a good choice on her part, she isn't a fan of the blood gore and violence.

The show is just so engaging, and the multiple storylines are great, there is always something going on someplace.

I can't believe how often they kill off main characters though. It exhausting.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 24, 2019, 7:48 AM Post
Season 4 episode 2, big episode. One of my favorite things about that episode is how much it affects everything to come, especially in the rest of season 4 but really its effects are still felt for seasons afterwards.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 24, 2019, 9:24 AM Post
I think I'm late to know, but I guess Amazon is re-tooling their version of Top Gear. Episodes are being scrapped and they're focusing exclusively on making their specials--those episodes where they drive to the north pole or through Uganda in RVs and stuff like that. I'd stopped watching the Amazon version in Season 1 because their conversation got to be way more scripted and the silly weekly challenges were boring. Specifically, I stopped watching when they went to Hollywood movie set designed to look like ancient Arabia. Not only did they just run laps for the whole show (boring) but I was supposed to believe the short guy genuinely thought they'd discovered an ancient city.

I just watched 15 minutes of the BBC one with the new hosts. The chemistry isn't really there, which I think is a consequence of not near as much insulting each other and consciously trying not to be exactly like the old hosts. But the show itself wasn't all that bad.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 24, 2019, 9:38 AM Post
SeaBass said:
Season 4 episode 2, big episode. One of my favorite things about that episode is how much it affects everything to come, especially in the rest of season 4 but really its effects are still felt for seasons afterwards.

The outcome of that episode was fantastic. I was rooting for that outcome since being introduced to that character. Can't wait to see the effects on the rest of the season/series.

I used to make fun of all the GoT fans around me, now I get it!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 24, 2019, 6:28 PM Post
I know there are a few B99 fans on BF. I’m just finishing the most recent season, but have been with the show since the beginning. Andre Braugher as Captain Raymond Holt might be the best actor / character on network TV.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 24, 2019, 6:55 PM Post
Global Moderator
nodakfan17 said:
I know there are a few B99 fans on BF. I’m just finishing the most recent season, but have been with the show since the beginning. Andre Braugher as Captain Raymond Holt might be the best actor / character on network TV.

We just started watching B99 a few months ago and I can't believe it took us that long to start. Great show.

Another one we just started is Veep and I also can't believe I didn't watch it earlier. Absolutely hilarious.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 24, 2019, 8:18 PM Post
I have been watching the new Archer series. While not as good as the firs couple of seasons this one is a bit better and funnier than the last two.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 25, 2019, 9:00 AM Post
Excited for The Detour to come back. The season premier was rather hum-ho and it will be interesting to see what they do now that they've completed the storyline from the first three seasons.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 25, 2019, 3:41 PM Post
GAME05 said:
I think I'm late to know, but I guess Amazon is re-tooling their version of Top Gear. Episodes are being scrapped and they're focusing exclusively on making their specials--those episodes where they drive to the north pole or through Uganda in RVs and stuff like that. I'd stopped watching the Amazon version in Season 1 because their conversation got to be way more scripted and the silly weekly challenges were boring. Specifically, I stopped watching when they went to Hollywood movie set designed to look like ancient Arabia. Not only did they just run laps for the whole show (boring) but I was supposed to believe the short guy genuinely thought they'd discovered an ancient city.

I just watched 15 minutes of the BBC one with the new hosts. The chemistry isn't really there, which I think is a consequence of not near as much insulting each other and consciously trying not to be exactly like the old hosts. But the show itself wasn't all that bad.

Season 1 of the Grand Tour isn't very good. Season 2 and 3 greatly improve on it and have some classic episodes. Season one is by far the weakest of the bunch. If you enjoyed old BBC Top Gear, you'll like most of Season 2 and 3 of The Grand Tour.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 25, 2019, 4:00 PM Post
turborickey said:
SeaBass said:

The outcome of that episode was fantastic. I was rooting for that outcome since being introduced to that character. Can't wait to see the effects on the rest of the season/series.

I used to make fun of all the GoT fans around me, now I get it!

Yup, kind of reaction and feelings of how good this show was is what made it so great to begin. which makes the last seasons so frustrating. Seriously the show had legit argument for best show ever and this person is experiencing it now. It really was that good.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 25, 2019, 4:01 PM Post
B99 and Veep, totally agree with you guys. Amazing shows. Veep was top notch through the end. Latest season of B99 maybe took a dip down but still very good and worth watching.

Archer: Agree this season is way better than the last two that just go so out there. Not at the original levels, but great to see them getting back to the basics a bit that made the show great to begin with

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: July 08, 2019, 7:24 PM Post
Stranger Things Season 3 was awesome. I didn’t care much for season 2 so I was not too excited for this one but I think it turned out great like the original season.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 08, 2019, 9:58 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Stranger Things Season 3 was awesome. I didn’t care much for season 2 so I was not too excited for this one but I think it turned out great like the original season.

Nice! Glad I have that to look forward to yet.

On season 6 of GoT and the hits just keep coming! lol

I so missed the boat on this show all these years...

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply