LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 249 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Best TV Shows

Offline  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: July 09, 2019, 12:32 PM Post
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:
Stranger Things Season 3 was awesome. I didn’t care much for season 2 so I was not too excited for this one but I think it turned out great like the original season.

Nice! Glad I have that to look forward to yet.

On season 6 of GoT and the hits just keep coming! lol

I so missed the boat on this show all these years...

What episode are you on?

Season 6 is my favorite. Last two episodes of that season are probably the best television I've ever watched. Episode 9 is so well done, choreographed, filmed, tense, gut wrenching, mind blowing. When it ends you think, how could any episode ever top that?

And yeah, you missed out. Theories, cliffhangers, watching each new episode a couple of times to really soak everything in before the next Sunday. General talking with friends that are also watching. But you didn't miss out on waiting for long, long stretches between seasons especially towards the end.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 2:48 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Stranger Things Season 3 was awesome. I didn’t care much for season 2 so I was not too excited for this one but I think it turned out great like the original season.

**Stranger Things Spoiler Alert**

In some ways I like season 3 more, but in other ways I thought it was the worst of the 3 seasons. I just can't get past the whole Russian base under the mall thing, just came off as a James Bond spoof or something. Also, as someone who "came of age" in the 80s, they tried WAY too hard to hit us over the head with 80s clothes, products, music, etc.

I'm just dissapointed because they could have gone a lot of interesting ways in season 3, and the Russian thing just didn't work. Also, the whole Mind Flayer and Upside Down were always mysterious and scary. Turning it into basically just another monster chasing them around was a mistake. 1/3 Wonder Years, 1/3 Bond, 1/3 Alien = Meh.

Incredible ending though, literally had tears in my eyes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 2:55 PM Post
Brew4U said:

I'm on episode 4 right now. Started watching today and I loved the first 2 seasons

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: July 09, 2019, 3:29 PM Post
I was pleasantly surprised by it. Of course some nitpicks, but going in I didn't expect much since it's a tough show to keep going but I think they did well overall and I was thoroughly entertained the whole time. I'd say clearly better than season 2 and then debatable with the original but I'd still pick original

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 4:41 PM Post
SeaBass said:
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:

Nice! Glad I have that to look forward to yet.

On season 6 of GoT and the hits just keep coming! lol

I so missed the boat on this show all these years...

What episode are you on?

Season 6 is my favorite. Last two episodes of that season are probably the best television I've ever watched. Episode 9 is so well done, choreographed, filmed, tense, gut wrenching, mind blowing. When it ends you think, how could any episode ever top that?

And yeah, you missed out. Theories, cliffhangers, watching each new episode a couple of times to really soak everything in before the next Sunday. General talking with friends that are also watching. But you didn't miss out on waiting for long, long stretches between seasons especially towards the end.

Just finished episode 2 last night. Quite the finish to that episode.

On a side note, I don't think I would have thought I'd want anyone dead as bad as I wanted King Jeffrey dead, but Ramsey has proved me wrong! I sure hope he gets his, and I hope it is slow and painful...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 4:42 PM Post
About Stranger Things, haven't seen season 3 yet, will there be a season 4, or did they wrap things up?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 5:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:

On a side note, I don't think I would have thought I'd want anyone dead as bad as I wanted King Jeffrey dead, but Ramsey has proved me wrong! I sure hope he gets his, and I hope it is slow and painful...

Ramsey might be my favorite TV villain of all time. Thing is the actor who plays him is the nicest dude in the world. Crazy to see interviews of him.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2019, 8:17 PM Post
turborickey said:
About Stranger Things, haven't seen season 3 yet, will there be a season 4, or did they wrap things up?

There will be a 4th and possibly 5th. Make sure to watch the after credits in the last episode as it teases something.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 10, 2019, 12:35 AM Post
turborickey said:
Just finished episode 2 last night. Quite the finish to that episode.

Pretty much the exact thoughts of nearly everyone that's watched the show. I want to say there have even been times I missed Joffery. Almost missed him anyway.

Ramsay is a fun villain though, at least there's that.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 249 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply