LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next  [ 367 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Best TV Shows

Offline  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: March 29, 2020, 9:43 PM Post
Global Moderator
yourout said:
Rush - Beyond the lighted stage is a good Netflix watch.

Agreed. It's excellent. The doc about ZZ Top is good too.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2020, 1:36 PM Post
Airplane Repo

Some of the scenes are embellished/recreated for dramatic purposes, but it's hilarious. Of course, even though a couple of months ago I watched a few episodes of Season 1 (I think around Christmas/New Years) on TV, I now have to pay for Season 1. The last episode of Season 2 is a riot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2020, 5:55 PM Post
Anyone here watched Boardwalk Empire?

I just started it, and am hooked. Love the gangster/mobster subject matter, and taking place in the 20's during prohibition and the depression just makes icing on the cake...….imo

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2020, 8:17 PM Post
Global Moderator
Loved Boardwalk Empire. Like most shows, it was time for it to go by the end, but the fact that it had a typical HBO limited run made it so it didn’t go on too long.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: March 31, 2020, 9:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
Boardwalk Empire is an excellent show. I really liked it as well when it was on. Thumbs up for trying something different.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 04, 2020, 5:05 PM Post
Not exactly a TV show but a good fan's retrospective youtube on Neil Peart.

Live cut of Driven.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 04, 2020, 8:32 PM Post
The new season of Tacoma FD has been really funny if you want something silly to laugh at.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 05, 2020, 8:31 AM Post
wallus said:
The new season of Tacoma FD has been really funny if you want something silly to laugh at.

[Show] Spoiler
I spit my drink out with the snake explosion.

Those guys are hilarious. I've even been watching the Talkoma FD that is after the show. It's been funny to hear those guys rib each other a bit.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 05, 2020, 5:56 PM Post
I have been watching Picard this weekend and you are going to have forgive me for not keeping up on trekkie news but Seven of Nine is back!!!! A little aged but then so am I. I'd still....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 09, 2020, 10:07 AM Post
Watched the Schitt's Creek finale last night. Went into it fully expecting to be filled with sadness and emotions. What an underwhelming series finale that was. Not bad, just meh. Outside of Moira's outfit, nothing memorable.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 09, 2020, 11:12 AM Post
OldHeidelberg said:
...Seven of Nine is back!!!! A little aged but then so am I. I'd still....

She is soooooooo fine on Boston Public, a show that ran in the early 2000's about a high school in Boston. Loved that show, loved her even more!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 23, 2020, 5:39 PM Post
Parks and Rec is returning for a 1-episode charity event.

Thursday, April 30 on NBC.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/par ... 48906.html

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 24, 2020, 2:49 PM Post
Just got done with Better Call Saul. Hot take, I think it's better than Breaking Bad. Now started Ozark, not a top 5 or 10 show for me but really good.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 24, 2020, 3:07 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Just got done with Better Call Saul. Hot take, I think it's better than Breaking Bad. Now started Ozark, not a top 5 or 10 show for me but really good.

Better Call Saul is GREAT tv, and I am inclined to agree with you, or at least say they are equal in quality...

I have yet to start Ozark, but it is on my list.

I must be the only person left in the USA who hasn't seen any Tiger King yet. Honestly, I have no intention of doing so. The overexposure in memes and media hype is enough for me to veto the idea of watching.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 24, 2020, 3:21 PM Post
turborickey said:
FVBrewerFan said:

Better Call Saul is GREAT tv, and I am inclined to agree with you, or at least say they are equal in quality...

I must be the only person left in the USA who hasn't seen any Tiger King yet. Honestly, I have no intention of doing so. The overexposure in memes and media hype is enough for me to veto the idea of watching.

Yea, I'll probably get around to Tiger King sometime but I have like 15 things on my watch list before that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 24, 2020, 7:58 PM Post
turborickey said:
FVBrewerFan said:

Haven't seen Tiger King. No interest and don't have Netflix either.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 26, 2020, 9:30 AM Post
Global Moderator
Wife and I are watching Shaun the Sheep. Yes its for little kids but it's pretty funny. So if you have little kids you can watch it with them and not go insane.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 26, 2020, 9:40 AM Post
Global Moderator
Im not going to watch Tiger King not because everyone is watching it, but because Im familiar with the news and story around it and its not compelling to me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2020, 8:34 AM Post
Global Moderator
I just binged Castlevania on Netflix, and I was really entertained. The amount of gore and body parts might be a turn off to some people, but the story telling is actually really well done, and yeah, it's another "Dracula is kind of a sympathetic character, in a way, if you look at it in a certain light" story, but there's enough going on to make it worth watching. Unlike a lot of Netflix originals, it's got a nice pacing to it, and it doesn't drag with a lot of unnecessary exposition to lengthen the seasons. Worth watching if you don't mind a lot of semi-realistic cartoon gore and gratuitous F-Bombs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2020, 8:40 AM Post
Global Moderator
Speaking of vampires, What We Do in the Shadows is back on FX. Love that show.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next  [ 367 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply