LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  [ 367 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Best TV Shows

Offline  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: May 02, 2020, 8:11 AM Post
I like Bosch, I always seem to blow through the new seasons in just a few days. It sort of tries to be The Wire but lacks the humor and memorable characters. I think pulling off the comedy is what separates the truly great crime dramas like Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Wire, Deadwood, Justified, Saul, Boardwalk Empire, maybe The Shield need to watch that again. Those shows are all hilarious and that's what makes them worth a second watch.

Just finished Homeland, it's a solid final season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 02, 2020, 6:06 PM Post
My wife loved Yes Dear when we were in college. So, her birthday is coming up and I realize Yes Dear is on no streaming devices. Okay, no problem. I'll just buy the DVDs for her bday. Wrong. It's like the show never existed. The only spot that I have found looks like some bootleg sketchy site where the creator lacks basic grammar skills.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 02, 2020, 7:08 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
My wife loved Yes Dear when we were in college. So, her birthday is coming up and I realize Yes Dear is on no streaming devices. Okay, no problem. I'll just buy the DVDs for her bday. Wrong. It's like the show never existed. The only spot that I have found looks like some bootleg sketchy site where the creator lacks basic grammar skills.

Yeah, I've been waiting for the Drew Carey Show to come out on dvd for years, but no luck. Just Season 1.

Apparently there was an issue with the music rights, so rather than release it with a fake soundtrack, they choose to not release it at all. I'm glad of that though, I don't want it with crappy fill in music.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 02, 2020, 7:15 PM Post
I noticed The Wonder Years series on amazon one day. There’s a show I assumed would never be on dvd due to music rights.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 02, 2020, 11:45 PM Post
turborickey said:
stoutdude04 said:

Yeah, I've been waiting for the Drew Carey Show to come out on dvd for years, but no luck. Just Season 1.

Apparently there was an issue with the music rights, so rather than release it with a fake soundtrack, they choose to not release it at all. I'm glad of that though, I don't want it with crappy fill in music.

Yea, I've read that's the issue with Yes Dear too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 03, 2020, 11:33 PM Post
Just binged Locke and Key with my wife today. Was pretty good I thought. At least I wanted to keep watching what happened next.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2020, 9:21 AM Post
Global Moderator
SeaBass said:
RoCoBrewfan said:
Question. Do I have to have watched Breaking Bad to watch Better Call Saul?

If you're asking because you don't want to watch Breaking Bad at all, ever, then no, you don't have to watch Breaking Bad in order to understand Better Call Saul.

But if you intend to watch both shows I'd recommend watching Breaking Bad first.

Mainly because the characters in Better Call Saul aren't as in the forefront of the story in Breaking Bad so you'll come off watching Better Call Saul only to see the characters you grew to know really well on that show be pushed off to the side in Breaking Bad. Not that they aren't important, they're just not the focus. I just think it would be awkward to watch it that way.

Now that I've watched 4 seasons of BCS I'd be really curious to hear from someone that watched BCS first and then watching BB.

Another couple of shows I really liked recently: Mr. Inbetween on Hulu and Zero Zero Zero on Amazon.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  [ 367 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply