LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 90 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Best TV Shows

Offline  Re: Best TV Shows

Posted: April 03, 2018, 12:33 PM Post
I'll toot the horn for The Detour. Just got around to watching the season 3 finale. Great episode and finally sorted out the two different timelines that my brain hadn't been able to figure out for 3 years. I guess they haven't been given a 4th season yet and it would be a shame if they don't get one. Quite frankly, it's the best comedy writing I've seen since Arrested Development.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2018, 10:29 PM Post
I just recently finished a show called Turn: Washington's Spies and was probably one of the more suspenseful/thrilling shows I've seen in a long time. I'd recommend it to anyone that's interested in history and action.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 09, 2018, 3:18 PM Post
TexasCheesehead said:
I just recently finished a show called Turn: Washington's Spies and was probably one of the more suspenseful/thrilling shows I've seen in a long time. I'd recommend it to anyone that's interested in history and action.

Yes! Forgot to mention that earlier on my list, that was a great series.

Manhattan is another series I forgot earlier. Another really good series if you like history. It's about the group of scientists charged with building the A bomb. Not as good as "Turn," but definitely worth watching.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Best TV Shows

Posted: April 10, 2018, 8:46 AM Post
I watched Turn when it first came out. Didn't do it for me and I am a history guy so it should have been right up my ally. I don't recall my issues but I tuned out late in season 1, maybe I watched the whole season but I don't think so

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2018, 6:01 PM Post
Global Moderator
"Turn: Washington's Spies" (which was the name of the show starting with season 2 or 3) actually ended up being very good. My wife and I almost quit after season one because, yeah, it was slow-developing and didn't seem to be going anywhere. The rest of the seasons got pretty good and led to a (in my opinion) great climax and conclusion to the series.

If anybody gave up on it, I recommend giving it another shot.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 30, 2018, 11:47 AM Post
Just finished watching the latest Last Man on Earth. Overall fantastic episode and the ending left me with chills. If you're one of the many people who enjoyed it at the beginning and dropped out after a couple seasons (I don't blame you), you may want to give the end of this season and next a shot. I've read that next season is the last and it seems like they've got something to build on for a change.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 30, 2018, 12:02 PM Post
Love Last Man on Earth. Look forward to it weekly! Been with it since episode one.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 01, 2018, 8:19 AM Post
I vouch for Last Man as well. I've liked it the whole time but feel like this is the best season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 02, 2018, 2:26 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Just finished watching the latest Last Man on Earth. Overall fantastic episode and the ending left me with chills. If you're one of the many people who enjoyed it at the beginning and dropped out after a couple seasons (I don't blame you), you may want to give the end of this season and next a shot. I've read that next season is the last and it seems like they've got something to build on for a change.

Interesting. I did watch the 1st season, not sure how much of season 2 but then I gave up. Sounds like it's worth circling back.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 02, 2018, 9:16 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
jerichoholicninja said:

Interesting. I did watch the 1st season, not sure how much of season 2 but then I gave up. Sounds like it's worth circling back.

I can totally understand how people gave up on it. I'll just say it looks like they're leading to some sort of actual completion to the overall story, instead of just spinning their wheels in random places like most of the series.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 04, 2018, 5:39 AM Post
Anyone watch Gotham? I’m a Batman guy, this show seemed to have no direction at times but this season has been awesome.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 04, 2018, 6:34 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Anyone watch Gotham? I’m a Batman guy, this show seemed to have no direction at times but this season has been awesome.

yup, I haven't watched this season though, all on the dvr. Plan to binge it this summer. I have really enjoyed this series.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 04, 2018, 7:52 AM Post
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:

yup, I haven't watched this season though, all on the dvr. Plan to binge it this summer. I have really enjoyed this series.

I'm excited for you to see the current direction. Edge of my seat with last nights show. It felt like I watched an hour long movie. Really hope the Fox - Disney merger doesn't kill this show. It would be an absolute shame.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2018, 8:02 PM Post
Really like AP Bio. The first episode almost had me in tears.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2018, 9:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
Just wrapped up the first season of "The Good Place" with Kristen Bell and Ted Danson. Very funny and very clever show. Highly recommend.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2018, 7:00 AM Post
Arrested Development - Season 5 comes to Netflix on May 29.

I’ve been on that bandwagon since they were still on Fox. It was an awful shame that Arrrested Development never picked up a large audience until people started watching on DVD after it was cancelled.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2018, 10:49 AM Post
Legion (FX) is a really good show. Currently in 2nd season. Every episode is like a movie. Great acting, excellent visuals and effects, a lot of care is taken in how this show is presented to its audience. It also doesn't talk down to the audience or play to the lowest common denominator, not a lot of hand-holding in its storytelling.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2018, 3:08 PM Post
SeaBass said:
Legion (FX) is a really good show. Currently in 2nd season. Every episode is like a movie. Great acting, excellent visuals and effects, a lot of care is taken in how this show is presented to its audience. It also doesn't talk down to the audience or play to the lowest common denominator, not a lot of hand-holding in its storytelling.

That is why I love the Expanse as it has the same type of writing the acting isn't all that great. I have also been enjoying Krypton on the SYFY channel.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2018, 3:29 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
Arrested Development - Season 5 comes to Netflix on May 29.

I’ve been on that bandwagon since they were still on Fox. It was an awful shame that Arrrested Development never picked up a large audience until people started watching on DVD after it was cancelled.

And the last Netflix just wasn't good. Supposedly this should be better since they've been able to get the whole cast together to do it, rather than having to film stuff separately like last time. We'll see. Someone also told me they're going to go back and recut the previous Netflix season so it flows better, not sure if there is legs to that or not.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2018, 6:07 PM Post
^^^

Agreed the 2013 season wasn’t as good as the original series, but obviously they had issues with bringing the cast back together after a 7-year hiatus. I’d still give it a B. It had its laughs. I’m hoping the format of the 2018 season will more closely mirror the original.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 90 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply