LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 498 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Best TV Shows

Offline  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: September 09, 2020, 5:57 AM Post
Defending Jacob is a solid "who done it" type of show on AppleTV. Chris Evans did well along with supporting cast.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 24, 2020, 9:09 AM Post
Season 3 of Westworld has completely gone off the rails...

So disappointing.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 24, 2020, 9:19 AM Post
Global Moderator
Finished season 3 of my Sopranos re-watch this week. I had forgotten 1) how great the show was, 2) how great James Gandolfini’s performance was, and 3) that it was one of those shows where you’re kind of supposed to hate all of the main characters. Thoroughly looking forward to the prequel movie in a few months.

Also dove back into the Crown to work through season 3 prior to season 4 coming out next month. This is one of our rare co-watch shows in my household, and I’m happy that season 3 with the new cast was far better than the dull 2nd season. Loved season 1, hated season 2, and back to enjoying season 3 halfway through.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 24, 2020, 10:56 AM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Finished season 3 of my Sopranos re-watch this week. I had forgotten 1) how great the show was, 2) how great James Gandolfini’s performance was, and 3) that it was one of those shows where you’re kind of supposed to hate all of the main characters. Thoroughly looking forward to the prequel movie in a few months.

Sopranos is one of my top 5 shows of all time... Just a great great show! Agree with all your points!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 11:04 AM Post
Borat the sequel was great. I can not believe some of the things he pulled off in this one. I used to watch that character, among others, on the Ali G show on HBO. Can’t believe it’s come this far. Good stuff.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 12:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
For those that like British Masterpiece Theater mystery types, I very much recommend 'Endeavour' - which is on Amazon Prime. It is set in the 60s at Oxford, and follows a young Inspector Morse. Great stuff.

For those that don't know, Inspector Morse is a popular British mystery series (books and TV).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 1:47 PM Post
reillymcshane said:
For those that like British Masterpiece Theater mystery types, I very much recommend 'Endeavour' - which is on Amazon Prime. It is set in the 60s at Oxford, and follows a young Inspector Morse. Great stuff.

For those that don't know, Inspector Morse is a popular British mystery series (books and TV).

Really good choice, Reilly. I didn’t know how well a prequel to “Morse” would work, but “Endeavour” has been outstanding. Can’t miss watch on my TV schedule whenever the new episodes appear each summer on PBS. Might go back and watch the past episodes on Amazon Prime.

Another series that I’ve enjoyed in the modern British mystery genre is “Unforgotten.” Some of the past series are on Amazon Prime also.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2020, 6:27 PM Post
A few episodes in and I am really enjoying Ted Lasso.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2020, 7:59 PM Post
Yellowstone!

Finally got around to watching season 1, I am not disappointed, it is freaking great!

I am 6 episodes in and I can't quit watching...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2020, 9:46 PM Post
wallus said:

That show was much better than it had any right to be. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2020, 9:26 AM Post
turborickey said:
Season 3 of Westworld has completely gone off the rails...

So disappointing.

That show has always been off the rails, haha. To me I kind of liked the newest season best as it was a much clearer straight forward story. to me anyway, I thought they simplified a bit which I thought was needed. It essentially just became a super long Black Mirror episode now, if you've ever watched that show. I for sure missed the cinematography of the first seasons of WW though.

For Ted Lasso, I don't have that platform so haven't watched yet but it seems really good. Just commenting that if you go back to that Sudeikis era SNL cast it might truly be an all time great casts. Almost everyone has gone onto big things.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2020, 9:32 AM Post
CheeseheadInQC said:
wallus said:

My wife and I are through episode 7, and it has been a very enjoyable watch. This world needs more people like Ted Lasso right now. It's one of those shows that makes you feel better after watching it. We need more positivity in the world right now.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 9:52 AM Post
CheeseheadInQC said:
wallus said:

The relentless positivity is something I definitely needed in 2020.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 9:57 AM Post
Just finished up Ted Lasso last night. If one could have elected a fictitious television character to serve as president in last week's election, Mr. Lasso would have won in a landslide.

"I wrote it on a back of a take-out menu, but I signed it, so it's legit!" - classic!

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 11:23 AM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Just finished up Ted Lasso last night. If one could have elected a fictitious television character to serve as president in last week's election, Mr. Lasso would have won in a landslide.

"I wrote it on a back of a take-out menu, but I signed it, so it's legit!" - classic!

Loved the show. So many great lines all throughout it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 11:54 AM Post
Just finished "Trapped" on Amazon Prime. Two season series, a murder/mystery but 100% filmed in Iceland with Icelandic actors. That means lots of sub-titles. Normally something I would never even try because of that, but it wan't distracting. Really outstanding series.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 12:08 PM Post
I'd like to reiterate how great Yellowstone is...

I'm about 1/3 of the way through season 3, and am going to be very disappointed when I have to wait for season 4 to be televised...

SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 1:28 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
I'm most of the way through Schitt's Creek now. I didn't love it as much as some people but there are a couple episodes that are absolute perfection. Several of my friends are constantly quoting Letterkenny so while I'm on Canadian shows that may be the next one...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 1:51 PM Post
owbc said:
I'm most of the way through Schitt's Creek now. I didn't love it as much as some people but there are a couple episodes that are absolute perfection. Several of my friends are constantly quoting Letterkenny so while I'm on Canadian shows that may be the next one...

I'm a big fan of Letterkenny, but I'm a hockey guy, so that's right up my alley! ha

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 4:31 PM Post
owbc said:

I don't know if you could find any two shows more on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

I'm a huge fan of Schitt's Creek and I thought the first couple seasons were the best. They focused too much on "heart" and relationships toward the end and lost the comedy aspect of the show.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 498 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply