LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  [ 600 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Best TV Shows

Offline  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: March 30, 2021, 5:03 PM Post
Global Moderator
Going from The Wire into Breaking Bad has been pretty great. Heck, going back 6 months my binging has gone Sopranos, True Detective, The Wire, Breaking Bad. About as good of a six months of binging as you can get, IMO.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Best TV Shows
Posted: March 30, 2021, 5:15 PM Post
If you then do Better Call Saul, you will be in binge heaven!

May I suggest NYPD Blue?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 03, 2021, 8:30 AM Post
Global Moderator
A few quirky comedies from the UK:

Derry Girls on Netflix - set in the early 90's in Northern Ireland during The Troubles. Really funny once you pick up on the accent. Great soundtrack.
Stath Lets Flats on HBO - good one if you are a fan of the Ricky Gervais version of The Office

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 05, 2021, 7:55 AM Post
If you guys like The Wire, check out The Shield.
You can thank me later.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 11, 2021, 7:59 PM Post
Shameless. Series finale was tonight, man I'm going to miss that show.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 12, 2021, 9:16 AM Post
Been watching Resident Alien lately. It just finished its first season run on the SyFy Network. Kind of a Sci Fi "dramady" (think kind of a cross between X-Files and Fargo) but it is really funny.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 12, 2021, 10:52 AM Post
monkeyman343434 said:
Shameless. Series finale was tonight, man I'm going to miss that show.

I loved the show but was a bit disappointed by the exit. I don't know why but it felt empty.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 12, 2021, 12:51 PM Post
Hopper said:
You can thank me later.

Been telling everyone I can for years to watch this show. Shield is my #1 show ever. They've never been good about getting it out and available though. Think it has finally gotten on Hulu in the last year or so though, if I remember correctly.

Shameless has been a great show, heck of run they had. It kind of floundered a bit the last few years and I did a lot of eye rolling on some story lines the last few years, but it was still good. I'd call the finale 'fine'. I'd have preferred more firmly tied up but overall it did the job and wasn't awful/stupid or anything to ruin the show's legacy. Basing it on Frank's dying makes a lot of sense. I was surprised they couldn't get Fiona back for the ending or address her at all, basically seemed weird to do this whole year basically acting like she didn't exist. I saw they've had a lot of issues with filming during covid though so have to cut some slack that they did the best they could given the situation.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2021, 2:00 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Hopper said:
You can thank me later.

Been telling everyone I can for years to watch this show. Shield is my #1 show ever. They've never been good about getting it out and available though. Think it has finally gotten on Hulu in the last year or so though, if I remember correctly.

Shameless has been a great show, heck of run they had. It kind of floundered a bit the last few years and I did a lot of eye rolling on some story lines the last few years, but it was still good. I'd call the finale 'fine'. I'd have preferred more firmly tied up but overall it did the job and wasn't awful/stupid or anything to ruin the show's legacy. Basing it on Frank's dying makes a lot of sense. I was surprised they couldn't get Fiona back for the ending or address her at all, basically seemed weird to do this whole year basically acting like she didn't exist. I saw they've had a lot of issues with filming during covid though so have to cut some slack that they did the best they could given the situation.

She was originally planned to have a large role in the finale, but they were filming and there was another lockdown issue ordered in NY and Cali...so she couldn't get to the set to film.

She was going to come and help them sort out Franks "estate." I was kinda hoping Lip would find that bar of Gold in the backyard...or they'd sell the painting, but I guess them getting rich at the end of the show would really kinda ruin the show.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2021, 2:02 AM Post
Staged on Hulu is hilarious.

Letterkenny and Staged are two of the funniest shows that I just somehow stumbled on.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2021, 7:04 AM Post
Global Moderator
Finished Breaking Bad, watched El Camino (and liked it), now about halfway through S1 of BCS.... really, really good stuff.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2021, 7:24 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Been watching Resident Alien lately. It just finished its first season run on the SyFy Network. Kind of a Sci Fi "dramady" (think kind of a cross between X-Files and Fargo) but it is really funny.

Wife and I just started watching that recently. We aren't very far in, but we both think it's really funny.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2021, 8:45 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Finished Breaking Bad, watched El Camino (and liked it), now about halfway through S1 of BCS.... really, really good stuff.

And The Wire. Which means its all down hill when you're done with BCS, so slow down!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2021, 10:36 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
PeaveyFury said:

And The Wire. Which means its all down hill when you're done with BCS, so slow down!

There is still OZ and NYPD Blue to watch, can't go wrong with either of those gems...

Another great show: Justified!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 16, 2021, 7:33 AM Post
Global Moderator
FVBrewerFan said:
PeaveyFury said:

Yeah, it's been easy to binge 2/3 episodes a night for the past several months for obvious reasons. Still some significant stuff on my list like Six Feet Under, possibly Oz, maybe a Deadwood re-watch so that I can watch the 'finale movie' in the context of the rest of the show (and not with years in between to try and remember what had happened!).

So, still some good stuff out there.

I'm also intrigued by Nat Geo's Genius series- I liked the Einstein season 1, but has anyone watched this beyond that? I started the Antonio Banderas as Picasso season 2, and it seemed far more dull than the first season....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 16, 2021, 7:59 AM Post
Global Moderator
I really liked Succession on HBO.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 16, 2021, 12:54 PM Post
turborickey said:
FVBrewerFan said:
PeaveyFury said:

There is still OZ and NYPD Blue to watch, can't go wrong with either of those gems...

Another great show: Justified!

I loved Justified a lot more than I thought I would. Ditto for The Americans and Ozark.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 16, 2021, 4:52 PM Post
I really need to check out Ozarks, always here good things about it. Is that series done, or still going?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 16, 2021, 5:48 PM Post
turborickey said:
I really need to check out Ozarks, always here good things about it. Is that series done, or still going?

Still going, they're going to do at least one more season but who knows the timeframe now of when they can film.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 16, 2021, 5:55 PM Post
Global Moderator
tmwiese55 said:
turborickey said:

Still going, they're going to do at least one more season but who knows the timeframe now of when they can film.

They've started filming last November. It's gonna be split into two mini seasons of 7 episodes each. From what I've read best guess is the first mini season will come out at the end of this year.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  [ 600 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply