LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 90 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Best TV Shows

Online  Re: Best TV Shows

Posted: July 03, 2018, 12:23 PM Post
turborickey said:
LA to Vegas cancelled after just one season.

Bummer.

Disappointing. Better than most of the crap on TV. Although I had no interest in the Ronnie/British guy love story that it was clearly leading to from the first episode.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 21, 2018, 3:16 PM Post
New TV season a couple weeks in.

Started watching Single Parents, as I'm a fan of Taran Killem. Ok show, I'll stick with it.

Superstore has really upped their Office feel this season. Even down to the Amy/Jonah relationship mirroring Jim/Pam in lots of ways. Am I the only one thinking it will turn out to be Garrett's baby that Dina has?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Best TV Shows

Posted: October 21, 2018, 3:56 PM Post
I think we’d get along well.

I’ve been keen on Superstore since its first season, but did not consider that Dina’s baby may be Garrett’s until just now. The two new sitcoms I’ve started this year are Single Parents on ABC and I Feel Bad on NBC - too early to tell on either, but early returns are good.

The 3 shows my wife and I watch together are Last Man Standing, Splitting Up Together, and The Goldbergs.

The Goldbergs is the best current network sitcom, in my opinion.

Last edited by nodakfan17 on October 21, 2018, 4:57 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 21, 2018, 4:01 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:

So good!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 21, 2018, 4:01 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:

So good!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 21, 2018, 4:48 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
I think we’d get along well.

I’ve been keen on Superstore since its first season, but did not consider that Dina’s baby may be Garrett’s until just now. The two new sitcoms I’ve started this year are Singke Parents on ABC and I Feel Bad on NBC - too early to tell on either, but early returns are good.

The 3 shows my wife and I watch together are Last Man Standing, Splitting Up Together, and The Goldbergs.

Dina having Garrett's baby only occurred to me at the end of last season for some reason. The timing between their relationship and her pregnancy don't quite add up, but it's TV and that hasn't stopped them before. It would be quite fitting for Glenn and his hard luck character and he and his wife would probably raise the kid as their own anyway. The whole pregnancy storyline doesn't seem to have much of a payoff unless there's a twist at the end and that would certainly be a twist with having a little bit of logic to it.

To me, the commercials and the little bit of the pilot I watched when they released it for I Feel Bad look horrible. No interest in watching that show. I barely have enough to time to keep up with the shows I watch, I can't keep adding new ones.

The first three episodes of South Park this season were so bad I thought the whole #CancelSouthPark marketing campaign was Matt and Trey literally sabotaging their own show because they didn't want to do it anymore. Tergrity Farms changed that. Great episode. Well, any Randy episode is great.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 22, 2018, 12:37 PM Post
I thought the first episode of the school shootings was good. Not for the shootings but how it has been completely ignored with no real societal changes. But yes, Tegrity Farms was great. A second fight montage of Randy rocky-style was great!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 22, 2018, 1:14 PM Post
turborickey said:
nodakfan17 said:

So good!

Yup, it's perfect.

Blackish is right there with it though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 22, 2018, 2:04 PM Post
Brew4U said:
I thought the first episode of the school shootings was good. Not for the shootings but how it has been completely ignored with no real societal changes.

And it's been a running gag in every episode this season. I thought their mocking of it was another thing they were doing to try and get cancelled. People get offended over every thing they do but I thought making light of school shootings was an attempt to push it so far that CC would just pull the plug on them.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 22, 2018, 2:45 PM Post
I only watched the shooting specific episode as I don't really watch SP, but was told by friends to watch that one. I don't know, since it would be the gun rights people being offended here I don't think they care too much about offending those people. Sure, they are making light of it since it's a comedy show but their point on it as that it's ridiculous that this continues to happen and we do nothing as a society. So in a sense they are on the right side of the issue or at least the side that is valuing kids lives so I don't think they're offending victims so to speak. Basically, they're mocking the people content with doing nothing. Not mocking the kids/victims themselves, if that makes sense.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 90 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply