LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 14 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Getting to Miller Park from the Bill's Airport

Offline  Getting to Miller Park from the Bill's Airport

Posted: April 05, 2018, 8:24 PM Post
Looking for suggestions on getting to Miller Park from the airport without having to rent a car. Looking at the schedule I should be able to do several day games flying in from Minneapolis in the morning and flying out the same night. Open to hotel suggestions that may have game shuttles as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Getting to Miller Park from the Bill's Airport

Posted: April 06, 2018, 2:15 AM Post
The only hotel for a shuttle that makes sense is the Ambassador and you have to be a guest there to use the shuttle, which wouldn't really make sense if you're not even going to spend the night.

Just take Uber from the airport to Bluemound, which probably costs like $25-30 and you'll find someplace with a shuttle there. Kelly's Bleachers, J&B Blue Ribbon, McGinn's, Milwaukee Steak House, Balistreri's. All on Bluemound, all have shuttles. I'm sure I'm probably missing a few more on Bluemound alone.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2018, 10:25 AM Post
Thanks. I'll just say the not spending the night thing is dependent on being able to get on a flight back (flying standby) so there's a chance id end up staying. You're probably right that getting one of the Bluemound shuttles is probably the best day of doing it though short of renting a car...or driving the 5 hours down there.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Getting to Miller Park from the Bill's Airport

Posted: April 11, 2018, 1:39 PM Post
AZBrewCrew said:
Thanks. I'll just say the not spending the night thing is dependent on being able to get on a flight back (flying standby) so there's a chance id end up staying. You're probably right that getting one of the Bluemound shuttles is probably the best day of doing it though short of renting a car...or driving the 5 hours down there.

Plenty of other bars offer shuttles to Brewers games:

https://onmilwaukee.com/bars/articles/m ... ttles.html

Lots of places would be closer to the airport. I've had great success with Steny's shuttle, and they are about 1/2 way between the airport and Miller Park.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2018, 5:20 PM Post
Which of those bars with shuttles would be the closest, or easiest to get to if I was coming to Milwaukee via 41/45?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2018, 8:37 PM Post
turborickey said:
Which of those bars with shuttles would be the closest, or easiest to get to if I was coming to Milwaukee via 41/45?

Any of the bars on Bluemound. Take 41/45 south from Appleton to the Bluemound exit. Go east and you’ll run into them. For a reference, when you get off the freeway to get onto Bluemound your at 100th street.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2018, 11:28 AM Post
BrewersSuperCollector said:
turborickey said:

Any of the bars on Bluemound. Take 41/45 south from Appleton to the Bluemound exit. Go east and you’ll run into them. For a reference, when you get off the freeway to get onto Bluemound your at 100th street.

Awesome advice, thanks!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2018, 12:19 PM Post
The other advantage of the Bluemound shuttles is that you can walk back there post-game if the shuttle pickup lot is a cluster (spoiler alert, it always is).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2018, 12:29 PM Post
Yes, that should be noted. It is always easier to get to the park by shuttles than coming back to the location you started at, plus rowdier and more drunk.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2018, 12:34 PM Post
And, if you decide to try to Uber back, note that there is a dedicated pickup lot in the Gantner lot (across the Sausage Haus bridge, to the right).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2018, 2:50 PM Post
turborickey said:
BrewersSuperCollector said:
turborickey said:

Awesome advice, thanks!

For reference, Miller Park is at about 45th Street.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2018, 6:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
chuckiehacks said:
The other advantage of the Bluemound shuttles is that you can walk back there post-game if the shuttle pickup lot is a cluster (spoiler alert, it always is).

Or if you are a 27 year old me, you can hitchhike.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2018, 10:08 AM Post
I think I'm going to give this the old college try for the Reds game next Wednesday. Flights look great coming and going so hopefully the ground transport thing works in my favor. I like the Stenys idea. Probably gonna give that a go

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 19, 2018, 7:25 PM Post
Didn't get to test this theory out yesterday,I didn't really feel like dealing with the weather. Will have to try another time!

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Quote   Reply 
 [ 14 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply