LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Miller Park Hotel

Offline  Re: Miller Park Hotel

Posted: November 07, 2018, 6:33 PM Post
Baldkin said:
Outlander said:
Yes, they can drive hours to Milwaukee and be at the hotel and the baseball game at the same time. I only live a hour or so away in Madison but would love to go to a Saturday night game, sleep in Sunday and walk to the ballpark for the Sunday afternoon game.

The Best Western Milwaukee-West is a 15 minute walk from the RF entrance to the stadium. You could do that already [smile]

I park on the streets southwest of the stadium for day games... don't feel comfortable with the walk back to the car on night games so I just park in the gen. lot.

Who does this?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 07, 2018, 6:56 PM Post
I used to do it all the time when I was younger and lived in the West Allis area. However, I have two young kids now and I would hate doing that walk late at night with two tired kids.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 07, 2018, 8:27 PM Post
We pretty much killed any chance of a cool atmosphere around the park when we put it where we did. It’s a weird spot when there isn’t baseball being played. It is dead come the offseason. I wish there were nice bars around it and a hotel etc...but there isn’t and I really doubt there will ever be.

What is in it for the Brewers here? They aren’t going to make much money and does it really add anything the the experience? I mean...no, not really. It isn’t a game changer. You know what would be better? Food that doesn’t taste like dog poop. Adding to the tailgate experience would also be way more effective.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 07, 2018, 11:08 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
We pretty much killed any chance of a cool atmosphere around the park when we put it where we did. It’s a weird spot when there isn’t baseball being played. It is dead come the offseason. I wish there were nice bars around it and a hotel etc...but there isn’t and I really doubt there will ever be.

What is in it for the Brewers here? They aren’t going to make much money and does it really add anything the the experience? I mean...no, not really. It isn’t a game changer. You know what would be better? Food that doesn’t taste like dog poop. Adding to the tailgate experience would also be way more effective.

A hotel right next to the stadium would add to the experience for many.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 13, 2018, 7:57 AM Post
I agree on the hotel. Yes the occupancy would be pretty weak in the offseason but they could probably sell out a 100 room hotel for 81 games a year plus there will be some other events that will draw people in as well.

Obviously though if the Brewers or a Developer thought it made financial sense this would have already gotten done in the last 17 years.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 13, 2018, 9:28 AM Post
rickh150 said:
MrTPlush said:

A hotel right next to the stadium would add to the experience for many.

I think you are missing the point of it not being a HUGE experience booster. Not to mention said hotel would not be close to Miller Park in all reality. I calculated it out figuring the only logical place is the lot north of the stadium and it would be a 15 minute walk there. The BestWestern is a 23 minute walk. If you are drunk 15 minutes vs. 23 minutes? Is that even a difference at that point? No, not really.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply