LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Steve Czaban

Offline  Steve Czaban

Posted: November 07, 2018, 8:52 AM Post
Anyone know what happened to him? For those unaware, he did a "sports" segment every morning for 25 years on the Bob & Brian show (102.9) in Milwaukee. I put sports in parantheses because often the conversation would turn to other things.

Anyhow, suddenly he wasn't on anymore. All Bob & Brian have said is "he quit." I heard Czaban made a comment that it wasn't about money, contract, etc. But I find that hard to believe, there was no "send off" after 25 years or anything, it just ended abruptly.

Just curious if any other fans of the show have heard anything?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Steve Czaban

Posted: November 07, 2018, 1:52 PM Post
Thought I heard he made some comments about it at the beginning of one of his recent Czabecast episodes. That is his premium pay podcast. Don't know what he said, but I heard he addressed it.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 08, 2018, 4:40 PM Post
He didn't say a lot about it on his podcast other than it was a tough decision and that he is going to deeply miss the show and the people. He also said he would elaborate later on when he could. I mean, he spent about ten minutes talking about it and that's about as much as I could distill from it.

His podcast is available for free and it's pretty easy to access with his app. The part that gets stuck behind the paywall is the "Football Five Ways" podcast on Fridays. Up until this week he often devoted significant time talking about Wisconsin sports, and Drew Olson is a regular guest on the show. Not sure if that's going to change now or not. I haven't listened all that much this week.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 10, 2018, 7:46 AM Post
Global Moderator
That's too bad. To be honest, I haven't listed to Bob & Brian in years, but I always enjoyed Czaban on that show.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 10, 2018, 9:54 AM Post
Rumor I heard is that czabe and drew Olson are starting a show on 94.5. His deal was expiring and couldn’t do both as they are competitors. We shall see if it’s true though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 11, 2018, 10:57 PM Post
That would be weird. Olson just left ESPN 540 for the Big 920. Czaban is entertaining but his knowledge of WI sports outside the Packers is thimble-sized.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 12, 2018, 7:31 AM Post
Czaben for a couple of hours would be a tough sell. It worked with Bob and Brian in the past because it is very comedic and they just have good chemistry. Olson and Czaben would be on together every now and then and I never thought it was very good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 12, 2018, 8:42 AM Post
AdvantageSchneider said:
That would be weird. Olson just left ESPN 540 for the Big 920. Czaban is entertaining but his knowledge of WI sports outside the Packers is thimble-sized.

Yea, but that's not what made him entertaining. It was the chemistry between them, and all the non-sports stuff they drifted off to that made it fun. Nobody tuned in to get an in-depth analysis of the Brewers bullpen strategy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 12, 2018, 11:25 AM Post
And that’s why you bring in drew. I agree a Milwaukee program with Czaban would be odd, but you let him cohost with a local guy and you may have something.

One doesn’t leave a paying job (especially after he lost his local am show) without something lined up.

I’m not one to post unsubstantiated rumors but this has a ring of truth to me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 12, 2018, 11:50 PM Post
It would seem to be an odd career move for Czaban I guess. He already has a local radio show in a larger market, and he's done national radio shows as well. Now he's going to start a local radio show in a smaller market? Seems like a very odd move.

Whatever he is planning to do I hope it falls through because the new sports guy on Bob and Brian stinks. Maybe Czaban can come back like the prodigal son.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply