LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? [2019]

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: April 08, 2019, 9:27 PM Post
Last Wednesday, my best friend, who is 36 with a severe drinking problem, had a seizure brought on by vomiting and led to a heart attack. He was without oxygen for over 10 minutes before being resuscitated, and the damage to his brain was too great for him to live as anything more than in a vegetative state for the rest of his life, which his parents know he doesn't want, so most likely they will soon be letting him pass.

I wish he knew the pain and loss that myself and so many of my close friends feel without him. Unfortunately he had been in a pretty dark place as his depression and alcoholism continue to get progressively worse.

Miss you Bennie.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 09, 2019, 7:25 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Last Wednesday, my best friend, who is 36 with a severe drinking problem, had a seizure brought on by vomiting and led to a heart attack. He was without oxygen for over 10 minutes before being resuscitated, and the damage to his brain was too great for him to live as anything more than in a vegetative state for the rest of his life, which his parents know he doesn't want, so most likely they will soon be letting him pass.

I wish he knew the pain and loss that myself and so many of my close friends feel without him. Unfortunately he had been in a pretty dark place as his depression and alcoholism continue to get progressively worse.

Miss you Bennie.

Hey, sorry to hear this. Hang in there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 09, 2019, 3:20 PM Post
Thanks Brew, I appreciate that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 19, 2019, 4:56 PM Post
Global Moderator
Took my wife to lunch at Chili's today while the car was in the shop.

The bill comes and there is a $1.99 "entertainment fee" that we've never seen before. (We dine there probably once a month, perhaps?) It turns out that the restaurant is now passing the cost of those "Ziosk" machines (tabletop game/entertainment/pay your bill stations) to the customers. I asked the server and, sure enough, that's what it is.

Grrrr.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:09 PM Post
Global Moderator
pitchleague said:

The bill comes and there is a $1.99 "entertainment fee" that we've never seen before. (We dine there probably once a month, perhaps?) It turns out that the restaurant is now passing the cost of those "Ziosk" machines (tabletop game/entertainment/pay your bill stations) to the customers. I asked the server and, sure enough, that's what it is.

Grrrr.

I recently had a fee added to my line item on my bill at a restaurant that said something like 'non cash payment fee'. It was like 5% of my bill. Obviously, I was using my credit card.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:48 PM Post
pitchleague said:

Grrrr.

This has been the standard fee for those at my local Applebees for quite some time, but you have to actually agree to purchase it on the tablet first. Do they not even tell you ahead of time that there is a charge for that?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 19, 2019, 11:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
We sat at our table and watched the DBacks-Cubs game the whole time. The tablet thing wasn't even facing us--didn't even touch it until it was time to pay the bill.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 19, 2019, 11:27 PM Post
pitchleague said:
We sat at our table and watched the DBacks-Cubs game the whole time. The tablet thing wasn't even facing us--didn't even touch it until it was time to pay the bill.

I'm surprised there isn't a class action lawsuit yet on these.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 20, 2019, 8:28 AM Post

Looks like there has been one...

https://www.courthousenews.com/class-cl ... -fast-one/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 20, 2019, 10:31 AM Post
NeedMoreFans said:

Looks like there has been one...

https://www.courthousenews.com/class-cl ... -fast-one/

In this case I don’t even care if the attorneys get all the money if they win the lawsuit.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: April 20, 2019, 7:51 PM Post
I've seen them a olive garden, but never played them since I knew they weren't free. I don't think I've ever been charged for it, but don't really scrutinize my bill that much. I wonder if someone else put you in a game either by accident or maliciously. Did the server confirm it was just for its presence or because a game was played? Either way I would have fought it myself. Even if it's just 2 bucks, its the principle.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 20, 2019, 8:18 PM Post
I'm a fairly liberal tipper, and when I get charged with one of those things the tip is just a little less.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2019, 12:16 AM Post
BrewersSuperCollector said:
I'm a fairly liberal tipper, and when I get charged with one of those things the tip is just a little less.

I can't tell you how many times in my lifetime I've been tempted to say "You can remove that charge, or I will remove it from your tip. Up to you."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2019, 9:09 AM Post
The problem with that is you are threatening/hurting someone who plays no part in the decision to out that on the bill nor to remove it.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2019, 10:18 AM Post
young guns said:
The problem with that is you are threatening/hurting someone who plays no part in the decision to out that on the bill nor to remove it.

I’m paying and tipping on my whole dining experience.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2019, 10:54 AM Post
Ask to get the charge taken off...99.9% chance they will if you didn’t play on the thing. Why harm the poor server cause of some petty charge they can’t control? Just tip them on their service they did for you. If the food sucks or the company has some dumb charge chalk it up as a loss and never go back.

Never will understand tipping the server for things they don’t control. If some other part of the experience is bad complain elsewhere or don’t go back. The tip isn’t for the kitchen or corporate.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2019, 11:47 AM Post
The whole tipping thing is stupid anyway. The workers should get paid a wage like like almost every other job. The cost of the product should reflect the item and service required.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2019, 4:57 PM Post
That's true, however the servers don't control that and it's not cool to take it out on them.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2019, 7:14 PM Post
Just went through two months of renovation to repair water damage to my living room and when I reconnected the cable box there was no signal. Cable box works in the bedrooms but not in the living room. Xfinity was here for 1.5 hours, tested everything. I had a weak signal before but Xfinity gave me a signal booster and that worked but now it doesn't work anymore, signal not strong enough.

They think it's the coax cable going into the living room, or a splitter/connecter somewhere along the line. But the problem is that my condo is long and narrow - the incoming cable is in the closet in my master bedroom which is on the south end of the condo, and my living room is on the north end with about 80 feet in between.

What the heck do I do... and how much is it going to cost?

How in the world would I replace that? The LAST thing I want is for my house to be tore up AGAIN. And I would think that in today's world there would be some wireless way of doing it... or is coax cable not quite ready for wireless?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 22, 2019, 8:44 AM Post
LouisEly said:
Just went through two months of renovation to repair water damage to my living room and when I reconnected the cable box there was no signal. Cable box works in the bedrooms but not in the living room. Xfinity was here for 1.5 hours, tested everything. I had a weak signal before but Xfinity gave me a signal booster and that worked but now it doesn't work anymore, signal not strong enough.

They think it's the coax cable going into the living room, or a splitter/connecter somewhere along the line. But the problem is that my condo is long and narrow - the incoming cable is in the closet in my master bedroom which is on the south end of the condo, and my living room is on the north end with about 80 feet in between.

What the heck do I do... and how much is it going to cost?

How in the world would I replace that? The LAST thing I want is for my house to be tore up AGAIN. And I would think that in today's world there would be some wireless way of doing it... or is coax cable not quite ready for wireless?

I mean, they make wireless cable boxes, and wifi extenders. You'd probably want a 5G signal through your apartment to be sure of it, but.... it's definitely doable.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next  [ 257 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply