LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 144 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? [2019]

Online  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: April 08, 2019, 9:27 PM Post
Last Wednesday, my best friend, who is 36 with a severe drinking problem, had a seizure brought on by vomiting and led to a heart attack. He was without oxygen for over 10 minutes before being resuscitated, and the damage to his brain was too great for him to live as anything more than in a vegetative state for the rest of his life, which his parents know he doesn't want, so most likely they will soon be letting him pass.

I wish he knew the pain and loss that myself and so many of my close friends feel without him. Unfortunately he had been in a pretty dark place as his depression and alcoholism continue to get progressively worse.

Miss you Bennie.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: April 09, 2019, 7:25 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Last Wednesday, my best friend, who is 36 with a severe drinking problem, had a seizure brought on by vomiting and led to a heart attack. He was without oxygen for over 10 minutes before being resuscitated, and the damage to his brain was too great for him to live as anything more than in a vegetative state for the rest of his life, which his parents know he doesn't want, so most likely they will soon be letting him pass.

I wish he knew the pain and loss that myself and so many of my close friends feel without him. Unfortunately he had been in a pretty dark place as his depression and alcoholism continue to get progressively worse.

Miss you Bennie.

Hey, sorry to hear this. Hang in there.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: April 09, 2019, 3:20 PM Post
Thanks Brew, I appreciate that.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: April 19, 2019, 4:56 PM Post
Global Moderator
Took my wife to lunch at Chili's today while the car was in the shop.

The bill comes and there is a $1.99 "entertainment fee" that we've never seen before. (We dine there probably once a month, perhaps?) It turns out that the restaurant is now passing the cost of those "Ziosk" machines (tabletop game/entertainment/pay your bill stations) to the customers. I asked the server and, sure enough, that's what it is.

Grrrr.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 144 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply