LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next  [ 284 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? [2019]

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: April 22, 2019, 9:21 AM Post
Global Moderator
I would think there would a wireless option. If not, the easiest thing would maybe be to run a cable from the nearest place it's working, to that tv. Go right above the baseboard, and hopefully you won't have to go passed any doorways. You can then cover it with a cable cover that matches the baseboard. Least amount of damage and can still go pretty much unnoticed. Either way, still frustrating when stuff doesn't work like it should.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 25, 2019, 12:50 PM Post
I’m at the doctor’s office. This whole ‘arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment’ thing is a ruse to prevent lazy people from holding up the line.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: April 25, 2019, 6:50 PM Post
I am not a grammar cop, but when I read professional correspondence strewn with randomly capitalized words, I cringe.

I think that's why I so often have a stiff neck.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 26, 2019, 1:16 PM Post
[angry]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 26, 2019, 1:51 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Patrick425 said:
:angry

Some good news for you--the next update will probably significantly reduce those snowfall forecasts except in the row of counties along the WI-IL border.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 26, 2019, 2:41 PM Post
owbc said:
Some good news for you--the next update will probably significantly reduce those snowfall forecasts except in the row of counties along the WI-IL border.

I hope you are correct!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 26, 2019, 3:12 PM Post
This is the latest update on the NWS website as of 3:45pm. Not really any huge changes. Looks like a little shift to the south, but still significant snow in Waukesha and Milwaukee.

https://www.weather.gov/media/mkx/sitreport/SitReport1.pdf

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 30, 2019, 5:55 AM Post
Global Moderator
The lamenting over the demolition of the Bradley Center is ridiculous. Media folks are acting like it was some grand, historic architecture.

That building had all the beauty of a prison and was home to zero championships. It had zero charm, and not one iconic photograph signifying beauty or significance.

If people liked going to sports events there, fine. But that was about the sport, not at all about the place.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 30, 2019, 3:05 PM Post
JimH5 said:
That building had all the beauty of a prison and was home to zero championships. It had zero charm, and not one iconic photograph signifying beauty or significance.

Well, I was personally in attendance for two championship victories. Then again, I'm willing to take in interest in niche sports. IMO, BC > Arena. I did snap some pictures a couple of weekends ago. OTOH, I'm not lamenting it no where near the level of County Stadium.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 30, 2019, 3:41 PM Post
Global Moderator
Didn't mean to ignore the Wave and Admirals, but those aren't the kind of championships that leave any impact on a city.

With the Bradley Center, I saw a big concrete box with a nondescript atrium slapped on the side that could have been taken from any suburban office building.

It was bigger than the Arena, and that was about it. The fact that it was a donation from Mrs. Pettit was remarkable, and I guess I shouldn't complain about it. But as a building, I thought it was ugly and imposing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 01, 2019, 7:59 PM Post
Chris Hook's two-tone goatee. He looks like he should be the bass player for a metal cover band. It looks stupid.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 02, 2019, 4:55 PM Post
Hope the Brewers start winning soon. The boards have taken a turn for the worst with a few new and a couple resurgent posters. Sucked the life out of this place lately.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 12:24 PM Post
I think the new Taco Bell "gang" commercials are bad, really bad.

I am also surprised our media is allowing Taco Bell to glamorize gangs in any manner.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 7:04 PM Post
turborickey said:

I am also surprised our media is allowing Taco Bell to glamorize gangs in any manner.

Was not sure what commercial you were talking about, so I had to Google it. It appears to be a take off of the movie "The Warriors". Then they dance at the end...which seems to be referencing Michael Jackson's "Beat It" video. Not a great commercial, but seems pretty harmless to me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 9:08 PM Post
turborickey said:

Those have to be the least scary "gangs" I have ever seen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 9:20 PM Post
AKCheesehead said:
I am not a grammar cop, but when I read professional correspondence strewn with randomly capitalized words, I cringe.

I think that's why I so often have a stiff neck.

Probably explains why we have one poster here who refuses to ever capitalize. Or use punctuation.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 9:34 PM Post
Patrick425 said:
turborickey said:

Was not sure what commercial you were talking about, so I had to Google it. It appears to be a take off of the movie "The Warriors". Then they dance at the end...which seems to be referencing Michael Jackson's "Beat It" video. Not a great commercial, but seems pretty harmless to me.

wallus said:
Those have to be the least scary "gangs" I have ever seen.

if you guys are talking about this commercial, I agree it’s probably a safe bet that “our media” has no concerns about it glamorizing gang violence or would consider censoring it. The “gangs” in question are going around eating tacos and dance fighting, and one of them is on roller skates.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 06, 2019, 7:00 AM Post
Oh, I get it... Very unintimidating gangs for sure.

Just the negative connotation of the word GANG seems to be something that would trigger a certain percentage of our population... Everything else triggers them, surprised this isn't one of those things.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 06, 2019, 10:03 AM Post
Personally I am apart of the soft shell gang.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 06, 2019, 2:38 PM Post
They've been doing for years! Far too long in my opinion.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next  [ 284 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply