LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 413 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? [2019]

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: August 15, 2019, 1:10 PM Post
Drives me up a wall when you're telling someone something and they finish the sentence for you. I know a few people that do that. Sometimes it just happens because you're telling something exciting and they're excited for you, and that doesn't bother me. But when you're trying to talk to someone and they do it practically every single sentence it really begins to wear thin on me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 15, 2019, 3:01 PM Post
y'all

seeing that in type form really bugs the crap out of me.

I see it everyplace, especially social media, but other more formal places as well.

I get it, you are from down south, and your southern drawl etc. is really "cute," but damn, knock it off. It isn't that cute.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 15, 2019, 8:00 PM Post
I work in an office with 90% women and they are always complaining it is cold in the office and here is me sitting right under the AC duct that is blowing on me all day and I am nearly sweating. It is freaking 80 in the office and they are complaining it is freezing oh and it is also like 110+ outside so yeah.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 15, 2019, 9:44 PM Post
That is ridiculous. Fortunately my wife likes it cooler than I do, and we keep our house between 65 and 70 year round

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 16, 2019, 7:53 AM Post
Yea that's a pet peeve for me too. I know everyone's body temp is different so can't blame anyone here. But in a public setting it's as simple as if you're cold you can put on more clothes, if you're hot there's nothing you can do, you can't take clothes off. I'd grant some of the problem is probably societal norms on clothing too. As in, in a work environment men are going to be wearing shoes, socks, pants, and usually two shirts due to most people wearing undershirts. Women of course generally wear much less including open shoes

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 16, 2019, 11:20 AM Post
Patrick425 said:
Samurai Bucky said:
NeedMoreFans said:
I was driving over to LaCrosse today and hit a spot where the left lane was closed for some work on a bridge. There was a pretty decent backup, but traffic was moving. About 3/4 mile from the lane closure, everyone merges right and only a few cars are staying in the left lane, including myself. About a half-mile from the lane closure, some guy in the right lane pulls halfway into the left lane, actively blocking people from using the zipper method (I guess we all had to zipper a bit early). I really want to see a widespread PSA campaign promoting the use of proper zippering.

Based on what happened with zippering in Milwaukee when the zoo interchange work was being done, zippering doesn't occur 100 yards before the lane closure. I get really frustrated when I properly zipper with ample time and people either try to zoom in at the last 100 yards, or go into the distress lane (rush hour) to sneak in. While the guy probably shouldn't have gone 1/2 way into the lane, he was probably preventing the situation that I see daily.

That bugs me... [wink]

Actually, 100 yards is a long distance when traffic is moving slowly. Many times there are signs that say "Merge here" and they are usually at the very end of where the lane ends (within 50 yards of where the lane ends). At some point there needs to be a merge and it makes the most sense to merge/zipper towards the very end of the zone (especially when traffic is moving slowly) in order to cause the least number of backups. On most days on my way home from work I enter the freeway going westbound on 94 at the Clybourn on ramp at 6th street. On occasion, there are backups on the freeway which causes traffic on the ramp to back up. The majority of people I see try to merge WAY too early instead of using the entire length of the ramp and merging at the end of the ramp where there are arrows on the pavement. Merging that early causes bigger backups on the on ramp that will sometimes spill into the intersection. I do notice that when I go to the end of the ramp in those situations, I get looks like I'm the one being rude when in actuality they are the ones that are not understanding the concept. They extended the ramp that far for a reason. They want you to use the entire ramp during backups.

I think it was last year around Brookfield Square heading toward the stadium the right lane eventually ended and there were electronic signs indicating to not merge yet and there was a final sign to zipper merge now. Agree there needs to be education and it is perfectly fine to zipper closer to the end as that is the point of the zipper.

Same with the merging with on ramps. I will see cars ahead of me go over the white line to move over one lane that is very slow and I will continue on to where you are supposed to start merging.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 16, 2019, 11:49 AM Post
They tried really hard to make people use the zipper correctly on that construction.

But it is like telling people not to smoke because it will give them cancer. They will do the wrong thing anyway.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 16, 2019, 12:10 PM Post
Agreed, it was really in your face with the signs telling you exactly when not to and when to merge. There usually is not as much coaching in the moment when you are actually in the construction so unless you are actually given permission to wait to merge too many feel like a jerk if they do and others seeing this will have road rage.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 16, 2019, 1:10 PM Post
I can't wait for fully autonomous driving to be a thing. No more merging etc all will be handled by the car.

Once we have fully autonomous cars traffic should be a thing of the past and commute times should be shorter. The autonomous vehicles should be able to go 100+ mph on the freeways and highways with no issue. This would require 100% autonomous vehicles or close to it.

The biggest downside of this is there would be more people moving to rural areas. The same type of move that happened after WWII.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 16, 2019, 1:22 PM Post
nate82 said:
I can't wait for fully autonomous driving to be a thing. No more merging etc all will be handled by the car.

Once we have fully autonomous cars traffic should be a thing of the past and commute times should be shorter. The autonomous vehicles should be able to go 100+ mph on the freeways and highways with no issue. This would require 100% autonomous vehicles or close to it.

The biggest downside of this is there would be more people moving to rural areas. The same type of move that happened after WWII.

I've been waiting for fully autonomous driving since Minority Report came out back in 2002.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2019, 4:30 AM Post
nate82 said:

What’s wrong with moving to the country? The negative environmental externalities? At some point, I think you’ll see the gas tax go up to discourage long commutes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2019, 7:34 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
stalton said:
I left work yesterday before lunch and left my lunch there. Today it isn't there.

Sorry man, my bad. Figured you didn't want it, and I didn't want to let it go to waste.

P.S.: Wouldn't kill you to have a couple mini snickers or a ding dong or whatever for dessert.

I'll remember that for next time. Losing my lunch wasnt a big problem but my lunch container is gone too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2019, 7:38 AM Post
turborickey said:
y'all

seeing that in type form really bugs the crap out of me.

I see it everyplace, especially social media, but other more formal places as well.

I get it, you are from down south, and your southern drawl etc. is really "cute," but damn, knock it off. It isn't that cute.

I learned this awhile back that the english language doesn't have a separate 2nd person plural (you and you) Even though I'm not a lick of southern, I will occasionally say "you all" or y'all when I need to stress the plurality of you. That being said I never write out y'all. That would bug me too

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2019, 8:46 AM Post
nodakfan17 said:
nate82 said:

What’s wrong with moving to the country? The negative environmental externalities? At some point, I think you’ll see the gas tax go up to discourage long commutes.

I am just being snobby not wanting more people to live in the rural areas.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 18, 2019, 7:21 AM Post
I completed 4 BP punch cards this year, but didn’t get my first choice game (the only weekend option). This is the first time I haven’t received my first choice and I’ve always sent them in later in the season. I’m betting the Brewers’ success in 2018 boosted interest in the program.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 7:39 PM Post
The Bucks new slogan:

The Bucks are built to EXCITE!

Stupid.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 21, 2019, 2:30 PM Post
turborickey said:
The Bucks new slogan:

The Bucks are built to EXCITE!

Stupid.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 21, 2019, 9:17 PM Post
I work at our county fair, volunteer basically, the pay is minimal. There are a couple other people that work there that spend the whole week just complaining about everything and how everyone who is in charge is an idiot. I keep thinking, you are choosing to be here. If this is such a problem for you, stop showing up.

In addition to that, I can't believe all the food that is thrown away from the gardening competition that could be put to much better use. It comes in as perfectly good fresh vegetables that are put out and shown and at the end of the fair they are gross and just get tossed. I've heard there is a woman who sometimes takes some to feed her horses and goats but it still seems like a huge waste to me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2019, 2:23 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
I completed 4 BP punch cards this year, but didn’t get my first choice game (the only weekend option). This is the first time I haven’t received my first choice and I’ve always sent them in later in the season. I’m betting the Brewers’ success in 2018 boosted interest in the program.

I did the same thing, should have redeemed them earlier to that Friday game but I always forgot. Still kind of amazed that every single Terrace seat is gone for a Friday September game. Going to the Cardinals and Astros games the following Tuesdays instead. Not a weekend but at least a couple of good opponents.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2019, 7:17 PM Post
Outlander said:
nodakfan17 said:

I did the same thing, should have redeemed them earlier to that Friday game but I always forgot. Still kind of amazed that every single Terrace seat is gone for a Friday September game. Going to the Cardinals and Astros games the following Tuesdays instead. Not a weekend but at least a couple of good opponents.

I’ll probably send in 2 for next year’s most desirable date ASAP. It usually takes me until early August to complete 4. Unfortunately, tickets to a weeknight game are worthless to me (driving from Green Bay). I just gave them away at work.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 413 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply