LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 413 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? [2019]

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: September 02, 2019, 4:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
GAME05 said:
I'm imagining pulling over one of those borrowed cars, finding drugs and the driver saying "Uh, that must have been there when the car drove to my house to pick me up."

Though I could see borrowed cars working in a big city, isn't that function already being performed by taxis and mass transit?

I use Car2Go in Chicago. It's kinda like the borrowed car idea above but without the autonomous car part of it. Mercedes owns it so if you don't want a little smart car you can pay a little extra and get a Mercedes CLA. We use it for really big grocery runs, trips to the suburbs, etc. Otherwise we use mass transit or walk.

In a way, Uber and Lyft are already acting as the "borrowed car" but you are also borrowing the driver.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 02, 2019, 4:48 PM Post
homer said:
GAME05 said:
I'm imagining pulling over one of those borrowed cars, finding drugs and the driver saying "Uh, that must have been there when the car drove to my house to pick me up."

Though I could see borrowed cars working in a big city, isn't that function already being performed by taxis and mass transit?

I use Car2Go in Chicago. It's kinda like the borrowed car idea above but without the autonomous car part of it. Mercedes owns it so if you don't want a little smart car you can pay a little extra and get a Mercedes CLA. We use it for really big grocery runs, trips to the suburbs, etc. Otherwise we use mass transit or walk.

In a way, Uber and Lyft are already acting as the "borrowed car" but you are also borrowing the driver.

Would seem that Mercedes would be a bad candidate for a ride share program. My family’s BMWs and Mercedes are always in the shop with tons of expenses. My GMCs have almost never had issues, and even then they were covered.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 02, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
Global Moderator
Kenosha's Gavin Lux made his MLB debut tonight. The Brewers drafted Corey Ray several spots ahead of Lux, and Ray looks like a bust, while Lux looks like a potential star. And he's 3 years younger than Ray.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 03, 2019, 8:12 AM Post
Global Moderator
The future of transit: e-bikes?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/money/bu ... 135824001/

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 03, 2019, 10:45 AM Post
JimH5 said:
Kenosha's Gavin Lux made his MLB debut tonight. The Brewers drafted Corey Ray several spots ahead of Lux, and Ray looks like a bust, while Lux looks like a potential star. And he's 3 years younger than Ray.

and he plays SS, which is sure looks like we will be needing a replacement for sooner rather than later...

bummer.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 06, 2019, 7:28 AM Post
Speaking of e-bikes, it's illegal to have motorized anything in my campground apart from cars, and a few people I work with are really interested in cracking down on those e-bikes, even though regular road bikes are just fine. I was even asked once why I didn't stop people from using an RC car on the road because it was motorized and technically couldn't be used. There just comes a point when enforcing technicalities goes way overboard. I think that's ridiculous.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2019, 2:37 PM Post
Having no choice of what game to watch is annoying. There are 3 games on right now and the only one I want to watch is the one I cant.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2019, 10:29 PM Post
Tell me about it. Up here you’re sol if the Packers play at the same time as the seachickens.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2019, 7:38 AM Post
Yet another reason CFB is more entertaining than NFL. Every game is on TV so it's almost impossible not to have 1-3 games that are good/close in every time slot for 12 hours.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 21, 2019, 5:07 PM Post
young guns said:
Having no choice of what game to watch is annoying. There are 3 games on right now and the only one I want to watch is the one I cant.

Let’s hope things change next time the TV contract is up. I think the streaming services and/or social media companies will disrupt the way NFL games are delivered. A person should be able to subscribe to all of their favorite team’s games without having a bloated cable TV package.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2019, 7:22 PM Post
AKCheesehead said:
Tell me about it. Up here you’re sol if the Packers play at the same time as the seachickens.

The NFL is the worst by far of all major sports for this stuff. If you live out of market and the Packers are the late afternoon game they won't switch you over until the early game is done and if god forbid it goes to overtime or just runs late they actually don't take commercial breaks in the Packer game so you miss like the whole first quarter. Why? So they can make sure you watch all the planned ads when they finally switch you over.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2019, 8:52 PM Post
Monday afternoon I leave Milwaukee for a business trip to South Carolina. When this was scheduled two weeks ago, I gave little thought other than I hate business travel. If the Brewers clinch Wednesday evening, I will be simultaneously happy and resentful. Gawd, I've missed so many big moments due to work over the years.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2019, 9:36 PM Post
A good friend of mine got married yesterday and it was held by the brides family. They rented a place, got a tent, set everything up, etc. I know with the grooms side being out the loop, they didn't know what to do, but even on cleanup, the entire side really didn't want to lift a finger. I was happy to do alot of the behind the scenes things, but it would have been nice if at least they would have even offered.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2019, 11:23 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Jimbo said:
Monday afternoon I leave Milwaukee for a business trip to South Carolina. When this was scheduled two weeks ago, I gave little thought other than I hate business travel. If the Brewers clinch Wednesday evening, I will be simultaneously happy and resentful. Gawd, I've missed so many big moments due to work over the years.

It’s hard to be out of state when the team is on a playoff run and I would prefer to be at all of the home games. Zero regrets on leaving but nothing beats playoff baseball. I’ve decided that I will always try to come back for the playoffs but it takes a calculated risk to get the right games. In 2011 I waited for the World Series which never happened...missed a ton of fun moments. Last year I made it back for NLCS games 6-7, that was clearly the right call despite the result. This year it’s tempting to go to the Wild Card game because it’s an elimination game but I’ve decided to wait...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2019, 5:36 PM Post
I help out with my family's business that is only open 6 weeks in September and October. Among many things, I answer all of the emails and handle the social media/promotion. The amount of donation requests we get are unbelievable. I received 15 today alone and most of them are just stupid.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 8:57 AM Post
Dogs off leash in public parks sounds like not a big deal, but can be a big issue. We've had multiple dogs just run away (the coyotes get them eventually), dogs fighting with each other because they're not leashed, and dogs attacking people.

But someone complained that a Ranger made them put their "service dog" on a leash. Off leash is still a misdemeanor since we can't change that, but now our policy is that we're supposed to ask the person if it's a service dog, and any 'yes' reply means we don't require a leash. We're also not to question any 'yes' reply.

So basically no more leash law.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 6:54 PM Post
wallus said:
I help out with my family's business that is only open 6 weeks in September and October. Among many things, I answer all of the emails and handle the social media/promotion. The amount of donation requests we get are unbelievable. I received 15 today alone and most of them are just stupid.

What was the most ridiculous request?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 7:32 PM Post
GAME05 said:
Dogs off leash in public parks sounds like not a big deal, but can be a big issue. We've had multiple dogs just run away (the coyotes get them eventually), dogs fighting with each other because they're not leashed, and dogs attacking people.

But someone complained that a Ranger made them put their "service dog" on a leash. Off leash is still a misdemeanor since we can't change that, but now our policy is that we're supposed to ask the person if it's a service dog, and any 'yes' reply means we don't require a leash. We're also not to question any 'yes' reply.

So basically no more leash law.

That’s silly. I’m so sick of loose aggressive dogs where I live. We have a little dog and when we walk her different dogs (there is a ridiculous amount) come wanting a fight. I’ve found kicking gravel at them generally does the trick. But I’ve had to kick dogs and last night I had to peg one in the ribs with a rock. I’m sick of people being so stupid and lazy with their dogs. It’s only a matter of time and I’ll end up having to beat up some drunk idiot because came at me after they got pissed that I kicked their loose dog for attacking my leashed dog.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2019, 11:26 AM Post
wallus said:

We donate a small balloon bunch to every charity that asks. We never give much because there are so many who ask if we gave much we'd end up needing the charity. Most people are perfectly fine with it but once in a while we get someone who either asks for more or only wants cash. I really hate it when they try to guilt you into a larger donation. Like somehow we don't care about sick children because we only gave a $10 valued gift for their auction. We give what we can but sometimes the sheer number of requests make it expensive.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2019, 6:49 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
wallus said:

What was the most ridiculous request?

There was a mom that asked us to donate product so her adult son could sell it within miles of our business (basically competing with us). He wanted to save up for a vacation but didn't want to get a job. This person was not disabled by the way.

We donate A LOT and pretty much to any worthy cause. We don't really really promote it and it stings me when I hear that we make so much money from the local community.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 413 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply