LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 494 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? [2019]

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: October 29, 2019, 1:20 PM Post
Gender reveals are fine as long as you make them what they are, not a big deal. Once you make it a grand party...take er down a notch will ya?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 29, 2019, 8:59 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
The 30th Anniversary of The More You Know promos. I only recognize 2 or 3 people in them and they say the dumbest things. Apparently NBC feels these random 5 second spots have spurred social change.

GI Joe's were the best!

https://youtu.be/L1BDM1oBRJ8

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 7:45 AM Post
nate82 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
The 30th Anniversary of The More You Know promos. I only recognize 2 or 3 people in them and they say the dumbest things. Apparently NBC feels these random 5 second spots have spurred social change.

GI Joe's were the best!

wow, thanks for wasting 1 minute of my life. What the?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 8:41 AM Post
homer said:
gender reveals

YES! Everything now is way over done, at least compared to the 30 or 40 years ago. You use to just ask a girl to a school dance, now it has to be done in some grand fashion. HS graduation parties, for the most part, use to be low key, mostly family. Now everyone gets invited to everyone else's graduation party and there is expectation that the parents buy a gift (money) for each of their kid's friends when they get invited. Today's version of wedding and baby showers...uugh. The completely overboard expenditures of Weddings. I could go on.

Just my humble opinion, but I feel most of this has to do with social media. Everyone has to top everyone else and feels like they have to do what everyone else is doing. There use to be a few people that sent out that Christmas letter every year detailing everything that happened with their family over the past year. Now everyone does this 24/7/365. Look what we did on our vacation. Look at the fabulous food and drinks we had. Look at this celebrity/athlete we ran into at the store and took a picture with. Look at what my pets are doing. (Not to mention the "Even though you didn't ask, these are my political and religious views" people) To me it seems like a lot of people look at this and think...geez, if I'm not doing all that stuff and having all those experiences, then my life must suck. I must keep up with these people!

Ok, ok...sorry for being the drunk uncle. Now get off my lawn!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 8:48 AM Post
Global Moderator
I think you're on to something re: social media. Most people post their highlight reels. You can't compare your life to a highlight reel.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 12:46 PM Post
turborickey said:
nate82 said:
jerichoholicninja said:

GI Joe's were the best!

What you don't like pork chop sandwiches?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 1:00 PM Post
Global Moderator
nate82 said:
jerichoholicninja said:

GI Joe's were the best!

I think I've watched all of those like 80 thousand times each.

They are NOT safe for work in many cases due to language.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 10:51 AM Post
turborickey said:
nate82 said:
jerichoholicninja said:

GI Joe's were the best!

OMG!!!! That was so bad it was funny! I wish I had that much time on my hands to put something like that together. It has had over 5M views... in 13 years.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 11:23 AM Post
Global Moderator
Samurai Bucky said:
OMG!!!! That was so bad it was funny! I wish I had that much time on my hands to put something like that together. It has had over 5M views... in 13 years.

You should watch all of them. Pork Chop Sandwiches may not even be top five.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 12:43 PM Post
Waukesha still thinking it's a good idea to have trick or treating tonight. Looking at the Waukesha Facebook page I'm reminded as to why I don't have a Facebook account. The comments of the 15% of the posters still thinking they should not postpone it is making my blood boil. Possibly the dumbest post....."What if it's crappy on Saturday?" A) It's crappy now!! Could it possibly be any crappier? and B) They have these things called weather forecasts. Then there is also, "if you don't think your kids will be safe then don't send them out"...completely ignoring most of the other posts that are talking about liability and safety issues. People (with and without children) not being able to get home in time to clear their sidewalk and driveway (like my wife and I). Drivers possibly not being able to stop and sliding and hitting a kid crossing the street, etc. I think the kids would have just as much fun trick or treating on Saturday as they would tonight (probably more). [angry]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 1:34 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Patrick425 said:
Waukesha still thinking it's a good idea to have trick or treating tonight. Looking at the Waukesha Facebook page I'm reminded as to why I don't have a Facebook account. The comments of the 15% of the posters still thinking they should not postpone it is making my blood boil. Possibly the dumbest post....."What if it's crappy on Saturday?" A) It's crappy now!! Could it possibly be any crappier? and B) They have these things called weather forecasts. Then there is also, "if you don't think your kids will be safe then don't send them out"...completely ignoring most of the other posts that are talking about liability and safety issues. People (with and without children) not being able to get home in time to clear their sidewalk and driveway (like my wife and I). Drivers possibly not being able to stop and sliding and hitting a kid crossing the street, etc. I think the kids would have just as much fun trick or treating on Saturday as they would tonight (probably more). [angry]

Wisconsin is like the rest of the country now...2 inches of snow and we're not going anywhere!!!

(but on a serious note...more kids get killed by cars on Halloween than any other day of the year, so it's probably a good call)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 2:55 PM Post
Speaking of Trick Or Treating, Wauwatosa needs to seriously make up it's mind on when to do it city wide and just have one day. Our neighborhood gave out candy last Saturday night (in the pouring rain). Then city wide gave out candy from 1-4 on Sunday. And I believe there is an additional Halloween Trick or Treat tonight. Generally we only give out candy on the Saturday night. We'll put some of the leftovers in a "take one" bowl on Sunday (knowing the first person who spots it will get all the candy, but whatever), and we leave the lights off for tonight just in case anyone goes out.

In conclusion though, if there was one day instead of three, it'd just be a lot easier for everyone.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 6:31 PM Post
Christmas movies in October? Seriously?

I have been noticing while flipping around on the channels that Hallmark started showing Christmas movies weeks ago...Geez.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 6:53 PM Post
I've been so busy the last two weeks that I was only able to watch one World Series game, and only part of it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2019, 10:07 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
turborickey said:

I have been noticing while flipping around on the channels that Hallmark started showing Christmas movies weeks ago...Geez.

Ah ha ha. One of the ways in which our household flips gender roles is that the SO enjoys Hallmark Channel movies, has the app downloaded so he can keep track of all the premieres this holiday season (though he did draw the line at putting the premiere times in his online calendar). Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is the other network on board, so there are two sets of 24/7 holiday movies to keep track of.

I can tolerate an occasional Hallmark movie - in part because of an online bingo card I created that includes many of the most common plot elements (and trust me, there are more than enough for a bingo card) - and I get that the world is arguably short on good news and these movies can be a valid escape. But holy crap, you guys, they're so formulaic and predictable, and already this season I've rolled my eyes enough to wonder if I will suffer retinal damage between now and the end of the calendar year.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 03, 2019, 11:34 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Early Christmas...UGH. Fall is barely half over. Give me all the fall things! Thanksgiving is a FALL holiday. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and Christmas is encroaching on it big time. All because of companies are trying to make more money while the quarter of the population that LOVES Christmas gladly eats it up.

If Halloween wasn't so popular I'm sure Christmas would take over October as well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 04, 2019, 10:03 AM Post
owbc said:
Early Christmas...UGH. Fall is barely half over. Give me all the fall things! Thanksgiving is a FALL holiday. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and Christmas is encroaching on it big time. All because of companies are trying to make more money while the quarter of the population that LOVES Christmas gladly eats it up.

If Halloween wasn't so popular I'm sure Christmas would take over October as well.

Generally, yes, I would agree with you but it looks like Christmas outside. After I finished shoveling for the trick or treaters I felt like I needed to start clearing the living room to put the tree up.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 04, 2019, 4:10 PM Post
owbc said:
Patrick425 said:

Wisconsin is like the rest of the country now...2 inches of snow and we're not going anywhere!!!

(but on a serious note...more kids get killed by cars on Halloween than any other day of the year, so it's probably a good call)

Wasn't that I don't think kids are hearty enough to go out in the snow and trick or treat, but some people do work and can't get home in time to get their driveways/sidewalks cleared. If it was a weekend, would not have been that big of a deal. I guess I just don't like the 5pm start time in general. When we moved to Waukesha 20 years ago it was originally from 5-8, then then cut it back an hour to 5-7. They should have cut it back to 6-8 so people had time to get home from work and perhaps families could have a quick dinner before kids went out.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 04, 2019, 5:12 PM Post
turborickey said:

I just got back from a customer visit to look into a quality issue. Their current production? Putting candy into plastic Easter eggs. Yes, they're ramping up for Easter.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 04, 2019, 8:27 PM Post
Fundraisers....I'm so tired of them. Its one after another after another. I'd rather just pay for my child to do whatever it costs for them to do. Two years ago we made puppy chow for a basketball fundraiser, and we paid more for the ingredients than they sold them all for.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 494 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply