LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 562 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? [2019]

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: November 12, 2019, 1:03 PM Post
adambr2 said:
The yelling lady/laughing cat meme. Ok, enough already.

Ill be honest. I had no idea what this was until I heard it mentioned on the radio this morning. I never looked it up, but found this pretty funny meme of a lady on one side talking about Sydney Crosby and a cat on the other. I sent it to some friends. Giggled. Then I saw your post here and thought, oh yea, I want to see what that meme was so I don't use it. Looked it up...sure enough. I just used it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2019, 9:57 PM Post
Really sad the Spongebob meme has been replaced as the #1 meme. I think those are great haha. The cat one doesn’t really seem funny to me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2019, 10:36 PM Post
It's kind of hard to laugh at an abused woman so yeah I hate it too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2019, 7:40 PM Post
Global Moderator
Outlander said:

I deleted my post. I actually watched the scene to see what it was all about but the audio was bad and it started right in the middle of it so I didn't get the full context.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 9:48 AM Post
I have to go to Madison next Monday to get my work computer updated. An IT guy has to visit the other offices (Madison/Chicago) once a month...many of the Madison based people are remote. You would think they would communicate so the IT guy visits when we all come into the office anyway. Nope, he usually comes a few days before/after us. We were all just there a few weeks ago and will be there a few weeks after this for the annual party. Probably could have been scheduled for then, but thus, what do I know.

So moral of the story a handful of people have to drive 3 or so hours at about $500 per person in costs...to update their computer.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 10:52 AM Post
Outlander said:

Had no idea what this was about either, so had to google it. But, eh...seems like a reality show with a lot of over the top made for TV drama.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 12:27 PM Post
Patrick425 said:
Outlander said:

Had no idea what this was about either, so had to google it. But, eh...seems like a reality show with a lot of over the top made for TV drama.

Link to Meme Origin

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 1:58 PM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
Patrick425 said:
Outlander said:

Link to Meme Origin

Yeah...that's basically what I saw when I Googled it. Just not getting Outlander's take on the woman. She was in a drama filled reality show that is probably mostly fake.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 2:24 PM Post
She was really abused and she was angry her abusive husband would see her talking about it on tv and feared her life and more abuse. Her then husband committed suicide before the episode aired. There was a fairly long gap between filming and airing of the show. So not a real good time in her life but that was like 8 years ago at this point.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: November 14, 2019, 6:08 PM Post
I just picked my winter coat up from the cleaner’s and the bill was $40. I had guessed it would be around $25. Could have probably just bought a new one for $100.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 6:28 PM Post
Wait...your suppose to clean a coat...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 12:34 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Wait...your suppose to clean a coat...

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]
Well done...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 4:36 PM Post
adambr2 said:
The yelling lady/laughing cat memes. Ok, enough already.

Call me an old man, but I'm just not a fan of memes in general. Either too corny (coming from a corny person), too stupid, or feeding off of stereotypes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 5:11 PM Post
stalton said:
adambr2 said:
The yelling lady/laughing cat memes. Ok, enough already.

Call me an old man, but I'm just not a fan of memes in general. Either too corny (coming from a corny person), too stupid, or feeding off of stereotypes.

Ok boomer.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 19, 2019, 10:12 PM Post
adambr2 said:
The yelling lady/laughing cat meme. Ok, enough already.

The exception to that rule is the Malort one.

Because if you've ever been duped into having a shot of Malort, you know that's exactly how you react.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 22, 2019, 9:45 AM Post
TESLA is such a joke and that pickup truck is the biggest one yet. When will people realize the products suck, all he does is disappoint on promises, and just keep churning out idea after idea with no successes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 22, 2019, 11:34 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
TESLA is such a joke and that pickup truck is the biggest one yet. When will people realize the products suck, all he does is disappoint on promises, and just keep churning out idea after idea with no successes.

They have the highest satisfaction of all auto brands. When surveyed, more people say they would buy the car again than buyers of any other make. I'm not going to buy one. I absolutely love my GM products. If I switched to another make, it'd be Toyota. I'd never be caught dead owning a European car, especially after all the problems my family has had with BMWs and Mercedes. But that's my opinion.

I think what Musk and Tesla are doing is admirable. Yes, part of his schtick is excessive promotion, but the same goes for many other CEOs. He understands hype. But he's a visionary in an industry that's pretty boring at times

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 23, 2019, 9:10 AM Post
I've been driving for 38 years, and have never owned a foreign car of any kind. I always took pride in the fact I was supporting the good old USA in my car purchases.

In August, we purchased a Subaru Crosstrek for my wife. (The Crosstreks are built in Japan)

So far, the car has been excellent.

What bugs me is that I can no longer say I have never owned a foreign car.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 23, 2019, 9:11 PM Post
turborickey said:
I've been driving for 38 years, and have never owned a foreign car of any kind. I always took pride in the fact I was supporting the good old USA in my car purchases.

In August, we purchased a Subaru Crosstrek for my wife. (The Crosstreks are built in Japan)

So far, the car has been excellent.

Subaru's are very nice cars.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 23, 2019, 10:34 PM Post
turborickey said:

Not sure why this even matters. I haven't owned an American car in forever Ford and GM make some pretty trashy vehicles for the same price as their competitors but their competitors make more reliable vehicles for the same amount or less.

If Ford or GM made a car that is actually worth what they are selling it for then I will buy one. Dodge is probably the worst right now especially their over priced trucks that are guaranteed to break down at around 70k miles and good luck having Dodge honor their warranty.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 562 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply