LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 576 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? [2019]

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: November 24, 2019, 7:26 AM Post
turborickey said:
I've been driving for 38 years, and have never owned a foreign car of any kind. I always took pride in the fact I was supporting the good old USA in my car purchases.

In August, we purchased a Subaru Crosstrek for my wife. (The Crosstreks are built in Japan)

So far, the car has been excellent.

What bugs me is that I can no longer say I have never owned a foreign car.

I’m fairly patriotic, but sometimes you just have to recognize that other countries do a few things better than us. I’m a proud Toyota owner since 2006. Bought my first one used with 100,000 miles and then put on another 100,000 miles before I finally upgraded to a newer Toyota in 2017.

Last edited by nodakfan17 on November 24, 2019, 1:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 24, 2019, 1:14 PM Post
The auto industry provides so many jobs for this country that I will continue purchasing American made. I understand why people that got burned in the past would avoid certain automakers. I have always had luck with my GM products.

I would never own a Toyota as I despise their marketing attempts to say they are an American corporation (or at least give that perception). Other foreign automakers are at least honest about it. I have always had respect for Honda.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 24, 2019, 6:32 PM Post
I'm a teamster and will try to buy union made items if possible. I'm a Ford buyer, and I have really never had a problem with any of the Fords I've bought. All my kitchen appliances are Whirlpool which are made in America. I'm a UPS driver and I have the ability to go into many businesses throughout the year. I ask a lot of questions on products to the repair/parts distributors.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: November 24, 2019, 7:34 PM Post
I buy the best product for myself. If it ain’t American, sorry not sorry. Not an American product hater, but I won’t seek it out to get something worse.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 25, 2019, 8:57 AM Post
wallus said:
The auto industry provides so many jobs for this country that I will continue purchasing American made. I understand why people that got burned in the past would avoid certain automakers. I have always had luck with my GM products.

I would never own a Toyota as I despise their marketing attempts to say they are an American corporation (or at least give that perception). Other foreign automakers are at least honest about it. I have always had respect for Honda.

Before you determine what is “American” you should look at where the vehicle is made (not assembled)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 25, 2019, 9:59 AM Post
Devinep said:
wallus said:

Before you determine what is “American” you should look at where the vehicle is made (not assembled)

100% aware of this. Also need to consider corporate headquarters, marketing, R&D, etc.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 25, 2019, 1:42 PM Post
Guys who murder their wives, but specifically the ones who do it with no plan whatsoever, in a time when there is a camera everywhere and forensic evidence is better than ever, and think they will outsmart the world and get away with it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 25, 2019, 6:50 PM Post
I always buy American autos and haven’t had significant issues with any. I tend to buy American-made products when it’s a feasible option too. Makes me feel better to support these companies. Whether accurate or not, i feel that I’m not contributing as much to the downfall of American companies than if I were to purchase foreign automobiles or other goods.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 26, 2019, 2:05 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
I buy the best product for myself. If it ain’t American, sorry not sorry. Not an American product hater, but I won’t seek it out to get something worse.

I feel the exact same way.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 26, 2019, 5:57 PM Post
People who drive on the wrong side of the road to get their mail. Just walk to the mailbox.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 26, 2019, 6:29 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
People who drive on the wrong side of the road to get their mail. Just walk to the mailbox.

I have a neighbor that stops and backs in to get their mail. When they do this when I’m behind them and I have to wait for them it drives me nuts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 26, 2019, 10:15 PM Post
MrTPlush said:

Most of you are too young to remember how horrible American cars were in the 70s and 80s. Toyota, Honda, and others took advantage. You know what? American auto makers had to respond. That's how the market is supposed to work. I don't care where the car is made or assembled. We have two vehicles now, both American, fwiw.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 26, 2019, 10:15 PM Post
MrTPlush said:

Most of you are too young to remember how horrible American cars were in the 70s and 80s. Toyota, Honda, and others took advantage. You know what? American auto makers had to respond. That's how the market is supposed to work. I don't care where the car is made or assembled. We have two vehicles now, both American, fwiw.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 7:44 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
MrTPlush said:

Sure, that is exactly what I am saying. Imports aren't bad, they are good as long as we still have strong exports too. It creates competition and drives prices down. If we didn't have strong imports to help drive prices down for consumers it would not be good.

Like I said though, I don't hate American made products or cars. I bought the most American made car on the road because it met my needs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 9:19 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
MrTPlush said:

Yep, and they responded. I don't remember if it was JD Power, but a couple of months ago someone came out with their rankings of the most reliable brands/fewest problems with new cars, and it was Hyundai, Kia, and then Ford, Lincoln, Chevy in some order. Hell, Jaguar was a top-10 brand when Ford owned them.

Toyota has had a boatload of recalls the last few years, maybe more than any other manufacturer. They are living off of a reputation. Honda has had a lot of issues lately too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 9:33 AM Post
LouisEly said:
Toyota has had a boatload of recalls the last few years, maybe more than any other manufacturer. They are living off of a reputation.

I almost bought the new Rav4. It is cheaply built, pathetically outdated for a new remodel, lame features without spending luxury car prices, and has had numerous problems already.

To be honest it seems likes Toyota knew the fanboys/fangirls would gobble it up and so they cut corners like crazy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 1:51 PM Post
I almost bought the new Rav4. It is cheaply built, pathetically outdated for a new remodel, lame features without spending luxury car prices, and has had numerous problems already.

To be honest it seems likes Toyota knew the fanboys/fangirls would gobble it up and so they cut corners like crazy.

We owned two Toyotas and I recently traded in my 2012 RAV and did not go back to Toyota. Compared to Honda and Subaru, they have much cheaper and less refined interiors and they use inferior materials. I drove my wife's 2010 Corolla the other day and immediately wanted out of it because of how cheap it is on the inside compared to my new Pilot. She is talking about wanting a new car soon and Toyota isn't even on our list of brands to look at.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 7:08 PM Post
Well I like smaller cars so I guess I will continue to buy foreign since Chevy and Ford are not going to make anything that slots between clown cars and larger cars. I have no interest at all in SUVs. I like good gas mileage but electric is completely impractical.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 7:32 PM Post
I have never really liked Toyota or Honda. Hyundai makes some nice cars though and the same with Subaru. For a luxury car I used to like Infiniti but their quality has dropped off which sucks because their G37 was my favorite car I have ever owned.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 28, 2019, 1:13 AM Post
nate82 said:
I have never really liked Toyota or Honda. Hyundai makes some nice cars though and the same with Subaru. For a luxury car I used to like Infiniti but their quality has dropped off which sucks because their G37 was my favorite car I have ever owned.

G37 owner also. Loved that car! At the time, incredible performance and extras for the price.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 576 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply