LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 576 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? [2019]

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]
Posted: November 28, 2019, 10:19 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
The proliferation of SUVs is terrible for the environment and is a big contributor to the recent increase in pedestrian deaths. I say that as someone who has an SUV (although we do not use it for commuting).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 28, 2019, 6:28 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
LouisEly said:
Toyota has had a boatload of recalls the last few years, maybe more than any other manufacturer. They are living off of a reputation.

I almost bought the new Rav4. It is cheaply built, pathetically outdated for a new remodel, lame features without spending luxury car prices, and has had numerous problems already.

To be honest it seems likes Toyota knew the fanboys/fangirls would gobble it up and so they cut corners like crazy.

In defense of real Toyota fanboys, we prefer to buy them off lease when they’ve depreciated by 40% after 2 years. I couldn’t care less about features - only value.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 28, 2019, 6:52 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
MrTPlush said:
LouisEly said:
Toyota has had a boatload of recalls the last few years, maybe more than any other manufacturer. They are living off of a reputation.

I almost bought the new Rav4. It is cheaply built, pathetically outdated for a new remodel, lame features without spending luxury car prices, and has had numerous problems already.

To be honest it seems likes Toyota knew the fanboys/fangirls would gobble it up and so they cut corners like crazy.

In defense of real Toyota fanboys, we prefer to buy them off lease when they’ve depreciated by 40% after 2 years. I couldn’t care less about features - only value.

I think you are a financially savvy fanboy.

I was in a group on Facebook for the new RAV4 when it got announced. It was filled with people dying so bad to get it many would travel hours to pay near MSRP for it even months after it came out. Some were/are still waiting for theirs and 2020s are hitting. Not sure value is the goal for many...at least not with the original purchase price.

To me most Toyota lifers are in it for the dependability and it’s perceived ability to drive till it falls apart.

I appreciate your vehicle buying strategy though. I am not a brand new car buyer. I will wait for the rental fleet cars a year later if I really want a new model badly. My last one was a California rental vehicle and I got it less than 10 months after it rolled of the production line. It may have some imperfections etc., but those are inevitable in no time anyway. My vehicles also do light off-roading so pristine condition is not a long term thing I worry about anyway.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 28, 2019, 9:05 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
MrTPlush said:
LouisEly said:

The used car market is strong, so if your car depreciates 40% in 2 years, that seems high. Traded my Sierra in last year after 4.5 years and 85k miles, and I got just under 50% value in my trade...could have done better with a private sale, but factoring in Arizona’s sales tax it made the gap small enough that I wasn’t going to fight over a little money while having the hassle of selling.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2019, 6:42 AM Post
For some reason, I keep setting my kids' alarm on days they don't have school. We were all up really early this morning.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2019, 12:03 PM Post
For Toyotas, it all depends on the model.

I’ve found that Camrys, Corollas, and Rav4s depreciate 30-40% after their lease (probably because they are all popular lease models), whereas the Tacomas and Highlanders (which are more expensive to begin with) hold their value pretty well. It’s all supply and demand.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2019, 2:35 PM Post
Okay I am not really a Black Friday person, but my apple watch broke a few months ago and Walmart was running a deal for a 42mm one for $160. Cheap enough where I was willing to get a new one. The deal started at 9pm on Wednesday and they sold out in a few minutes (I got one). Today they canceled my order and checking twitter I wasn't the only one and to be honest I am not sure anyone actually got it...appeared to be a total bait and switch. Some even claimed when they sold out they reappeared on the site for the standard price back in stock.

Probably going to avoid Walmart in the future. I didn't really like them before and they are the second big box store to tick me off the last month.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2019, 3:56 PM Post
People who don't leash their dog in public. I understand many of those people's dog are nice towards other dogs but that's irrelevant. Leashed dogs can't react naturally to other dogs. When that happens they get apprehensive to approaching dogs. Apprehension is never a good recipe for two dogs meeting.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2019, 4:28 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Okay I am not really a Black Friday person, but my apple watch broke a few months ago and Walmart was running a deal for a 42mm one for $160. Cheap enough where I was willing to get a new one. The deal started at 9pm on Wednesday and they sold out in a few minutes (I got one). Today they canceled my order and checking twitter I wasn't the only one and to be honest I am not sure anyone actually got it...appeared to be a total bait and switch. Some even claimed when they sold out they reappeared on the site for the standard price back in stock.

Probably going to avoid Walmart in the future. I didn't really like them before and they are the second big box store to tick me off the last month.

Wal-Mart is my least favorite store to shop. I avoid it all all costs. It used to be a monthly trip, now it is maybe once per year.

Just hate it!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2019, 5:48 PM Post
Global Moderator
In what world is it acceptable for a parent to let a little kid watch a movie on a plane without the use of headphones?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2019, 11:23 PM Post
owbc said:
The proliferation of SUVs is terrible for the environment and is a big contributor to the recent increase in pedestrian deaths. I say that as someone who has an SUV (although we do not use it for commuting).

SUVs are not terrible for the environment, and safer to drive than cars.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2019, 5:01 AM Post
homer said:
In what world is it acceptable for a parent to let a little kid watch a movie on a plane without the use of headphones?

I took my young son to our local holiday parade last weekend and their was a girl behind us (not much older than my son) watching videos on her mom’s phone the entire time. We’re at a parade - it’s kid central! If she needs a phone to get through a parade, I worry about how she’ll get through life.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2019, 7:22 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
FVBrewerFan said:
owbc said:

That’s wrong, they kill cyclists and pedestrians at a much higher rate than smaller cars.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2019, 8:30 AM Post
14 inches of snow here on Tuesday/Wednesday. We are predicted to get another 10-16 inches starting this afternoon through most of the day tomorrow. Normally I like winter, but this is a bit excessive.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2019, 11:00 AM Post
Global Moderator
nodakfan17 said:
homer said:

I took my young son to our local holiday parade last weekend and their was a girl behind us (not much older than my son) watching videos on her mom’s phone the entire time. We’re at a parade - it’s kid central! If she needs a phone to get through a parade, I worry about how she’ll get through life.

True. But I'm talking about the sound of Incredibles 2 playing inside an airplane. I had ear buds on and could hear the dialog from the movie.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2019, 1:58 PM Post
This nonsense I keep seeing that Donnel Pumphrey is the NCAA all-time leading rusher and not Ron Dayne.

Pumphrey has 6405 career rushing yards including bowl games. Excluding bowl games (328 yards in four bowl games), he has 6077.

Dayne has 7125 career rushing yards including bowl games. Excluding bowl games (200 in 2000 Rose Bowl, 246 in 1999 Rose Bowl, 36 in 1998 Outback Bowl, 246 in 1997 Copper Bowl), Dayne has 6397. Actually, I think that 7125 does not include bowl games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2019, 5:03 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
owbc said:

I know the first one is a false narrative, as 95% of all vehicular pollution comes from the worst 5% of cars on the road—those over 20 years old, those not maintained, and those doctored for performance. The modern internal combustion engine—when properly maintained—emits minimal pollutants. The second seems false as well. How does driving a slightly larger vehicle lead to pedestrian deaths? In Az our grid system, high speed limits, and long yellow lights lead to pedestrian deaths, not SUVs or CUVs. But pedestrians not paying attention or listening to earbuds also are often at fault. Throw in that more people are walking than 20 years ago, it seems likely we’d have more people getting hit.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2019, 3:25 PM Post
Commercials. Specifically 2 today. The KFC chicken waffles one where the do a "ghost" pottery scene reenactment is just too much for me. The second one is the state farm where rodgers "agent" says rodgers doesnt know how to play it safe. Does he even know rodgers?

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2019, 10:01 PM Post
young guns said:
Commercials. Specifically 2 today. The KFC chicken waffles one where the do a "ghost" pottery scene reenactment is just too much for me. The second one is the state farm where rodgers "agent" says rodgers doesnt know how to play it safe. Does he even know rodgers?

Thought the KFC one was hilarious. The Rodgers state farm commercials are all bad, I really don't even pay attention to them.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2019, 11:31 PM Post
As someone who has worked in the supply chain in the automotive industry on-and-off for thirty years, I have a few thoughts.

I used to be a buy-American guy, but some things have worn thin on me. I'm not going to lower my standard of living to buy a car so a line worker can receive $28/hr in pay and $28/hr in benies. On the flip side, some of the management people at these OEM's are some of the most arrogant people I've had to deal with (GM, looking your way).

Keep in mind, cars are not made in America, they are assembled in America. A lot of the components are imported.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 576 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply