LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 111 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? [2019]

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]

Posted: February 24, 2019, 2:28 PM Post
That's funny, my four year old loves that dumb commercial. We have to play it back at least for times when on.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]

Posted: February 24, 2019, 7:13 PM Post
I love that commercial and I am not ashamed!!!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 25, 2019, 4:21 PM Post
Back to the snow/ice on sidewalks issue. We got a little snow and a lot of drifting overnight so I went to do some shoveling this morning. Removing the snow just exposed the half inch to inch of ice underneath. Upon realizing there was better traction with the snow I just left it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 25, 2019, 9:33 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Back to the snow/ice on sidewalks issue. We got a little snow and a lot of drifting overnight so I went to do some shoveling this morning. Removing the snow just exposed the half inch to inch of ice underneath. Upon realizing there was better traction with the snow I just left it.

Yep. Awful weather. I tried to do the same for the drive.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's bugging you? [2019]

Posted: February 25, 2019, 9:55 PM Post
Wife: You need to salt the walk and driveway
Me: Yea, but theres like an inch of ice, it will take like 400 lbs of salt and that may not even do it.
Wife: Is that a lot?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 03, 2019, 9:57 PM Post
Dealing with family with depression and a death in the family.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 04, 2019, 12:41 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Wife: You need to salt the walk and driveway
Me: Yea, but theres like an inch of ice, it will take like 400 lbs of salt and that may not even do it.
Wife: Is that a lot?

Even if the ice is fairly thick, I find if you put some salt down on it and wait a few hours, it becomes easier to break up the ice and shovel it away.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 04, 2019, 12:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
stalton said:

That sounds rough. Best wishes.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 10:11 PM Post
Invader3K said:
stalton said:

That sounds rough. Best wishes.

Thanks, I realized after posting that this quite wasn't "what's bugging me" but I appreciate the kind word.

On a general topic, my mailman has misdelivered more things this week to our culdesac than delivered. I genuinely hope he is alright but it's getting borderline ridiculous.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2019, 6:52 PM Post
Amazon does not believe my street name is correct and will not ship to me.

Nengqerralria might be an odd street name but what am I supposed to do about it?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2019, 7:12 PM Post
AKCheesehead said:
Amazon does not believe my street name is correct and will not ship to me.

Nengqerralria might be an odd street name but what am I supposed to do about it?

Is it a new street? Sometimes addresses on newer streets take a while to get into the address query.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2019, 7:23 PM Post
Nope, it's not new at all. My guess is probably other people on the street have ordered and spelled it wrong, so something else is established in Amazon's system. Either that or Amazon just assumes with all those letters it's a typo, which I assure you it is not.

I ended up having to ship to a friend, because most things won't ship to a PO box.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2019, 8:26 PM Post
I was going to suggest seeing if you could have it shipped to the post office and they would deliver it or you could pick it up. Since Amazon contracts with USPS they should ship to any PO Box. UPS and FedEx can't though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2019, 10:49 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
I was going to suggest seeing if you could have it shipped to the post office and they would deliver it or you could pick it up. Since Amazon contracts with USPS they should ship to any PO Box. UPS and FedEx can't though.

It can be shipped to the post office via UPS. The package needs to be addressed to the physical address of the post office with the box number.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 09, 2019, 9:12 AM Post
AKCheesehead said:
I ended up having to ship to a friend, because most things won't ship to a PO box.

If they are available in your area, you could also send items to an Amazon locker and pick them up there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 09, 2019, 11:32 AM Post
Shipping things out here is a little bit complicated. My town is about a 400 mile flight west of the road system. UPS/FedEx aren't good solutions. (You can use UPS but it costs a small fortune and takes longer than USPS) They really could benefit from an amazon locker out here, people rely heavily on amazon for supplies not found locally.

The ship to post office solution I will look into sometime, that might work. Although right now I'm working away from home out on Nelson Island. When I get done out here in a couple weeks, there's no telling when I'll be able to get a flight home. Our post office sends back unclaimed packages after 2 weeks.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 09, 2019, 11:14 PM Post
Went to sporting event today and had pre-arranged and prepaid to have my name listed on the JumboTron with the other birthday celebrants, like they do every game. Been looking forward to this since the schedule came out in October. Second period comes and goes and no birthday board.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2019, 6:20 AM Post
Global Moderator
I'm part of a small-ish family business. Any time I have to go in and cover for a sick (like vomiting sick) person, I get fearful of coming down sick myself. I've had the flu shot, etc. I just hate that I have to go in to work later and worry about catching what this other person has.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2019, 8:00 AM Post
Invader3K said:
I'm part of a small-ish family business. Any time I have to go in and cover for a sick (like vomiting sick) person, I get fearful of coming down sick myself. I've had the flu shot, etc. I just hate that I have to go in to work later and worry about catching what this other person has.

Good thing they are probably faking it! [tongue]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2019, 8:16 AM Post
Global Moderator
stoutdude04 said:

Good thing they are probably faking it! [tongue]

Would be nice but in this particular person's case, I doubt it.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 111 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply