LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: May 03, 2019, 12:41 PM Post
I was mildly annoyed last night during the movie previews that they had after Greg Marcus talked for too long, they had movie theater employees quoting three different "I am" lines to movies.

The second was "I am Sparticus" the third one, they go with, "I am Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die."

That's NOT EVEN THE LINE!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: May 06, 2019, 8:15 PM Post
I have Facebook but I don't do anything public other than to sell stuff on the Marketplace. There must be a slight difference between my clock and Facebook's because every now and then I'll post something and it will have a timestamp of '1 minute from now'

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: May 12, 2019, 4:40 PM Post
Anyone else catch the story about how the Padres changed their Twitter handle to @Madres in honor of Mothers’ Day and then someone else claimed @Padres since it was no longer in use. Twitter eventually straightened it out for them, but I’m sure someone in San Diego had a rough day at the office. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: May 19, 2019, 3:19 PM Post
I’m not really a Star Wars fan. I enjoyed the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy (to a lesser extent). I might see the new ones if my young son asks to watch them in a few years. That being said, I don’t understand the hate directed towards Episode I.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 3:50 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
I’m not really a Star Wars fan. I enjoyed the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy (to a lesser extent). I might see the new ones if my young son asks to watch them in a few years. That being said, I don’t understand the hate directed towards Episode I.

There are 2 popular reasons. First being Jar Jar Binks. He was created supposedly to attract kids but just came off as absurdly ridiculous. The second was the establishment of the midichlorians. Part of the mystique of the original trilogy was this surreal thing of the force that any Tom Dick or Luke could master. It left the idea that anyone could kick butt and be one with the force with enough training. The midichlorians cheapened that stating only those special enough to have midichlorians could use the force.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 4:11 PM Post
stalton said:
nodakfan17 said:

There are 2 popular reasons. First being Jar Jar Binks. He was created supposedly to attract kids but just came off as absurdly ridiculous. The second was the establishment of the midichlorians. Part of the mystique of the original trilogy was this surreal thing of the force that any Tom Dick or Luke could master. It left the idea that anyone could kick butt and be one with the force with enough training. The midichlorians cheapened that stating only those special enough to have midichlorians could use the force.

Thanks, that makes sense. I can see how Episode I might have been disappointing for someone who grew up with the original trilogy and waited 15 years for another film, but I just don’t buy it’s status as an abomination. I was a teenager when I saw Episode I and still consider it a good movie (not great ... by no means did I imply it is a great movie).

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply