LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 211 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: July 25, 2019, 1:37 PM Post
Thurston Fluff said:
Last evening a group of teenagers I've played ultimate frisbee with on occasion knocked on my door and asked my wife if grandpa could come out and play.

Own the nickname at least!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: July 25, 2019, 2:00 PM Post
Thurston Fluff said:
Last evening a group of teenagers I've played ultimate frisbee with on occasion knocked on my door and asked my wife if grandpa could come out and play.

Next time you hang with those guys bring a bag of butterscotch hard candies and hand them out. Really sell that grandpa thing! [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: July 25, 2019, 10:44 PM Post
Thurston Fluff said:

Did you play, grandpa?

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2019, 8:33 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
SeaBass said:
Thurston Fluff said:

Next time you hang with those guys bring a bag of butterscotch hard candies and hand them out. Really sell that grandpa thing! [laughing]

Haha, I was going to say root beer barrels. [smile]

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: July 26, 2019, 3:18 PM Post
Yes I did play and it will take me a week to recover. They usually play shirts and skins and I always made sure I played shirts because, well, Grandpa body. This time around I was hoping I'd be skins and show them what their future is. Kids need a little trauma in their lives. But they already knew grandpa plays shirts so no such luck. I am certainly owning the name. I thought it was hilarious. Gotta say though, tough call between root beer barrels and butterscotch hard candies.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2019, 8:42 PM Post
I just read that a woman with the name McBride took second place for the second straight year in the wnba 3 point shooting contest. This amuses me. Always the bridesmaid never the bride!

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2019, 9:14 PM Post
young guns said:
I just read that a woman with the name McBride took second place for the second straight year in the wnba 3 point shooting contest. This amuses me. Always the bridesmaid never the bride!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 28, 2019, 5:00 PM Post
I've been trying to eat more vegetables lately. So today I deep fried my bacon in vegetable oil.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 29, 2019, 10:54 AM Post
I’ve been off the grid driving through Canada for the past 5 days. I feel like the igt threadlines of Saladino hitting grand slams on consecutive days are a gullibility test.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:34 AM Post
AKCheesehead said:
I’ve been off the grid driving through Canada for the past 5 days. I feel like the igt threadlines of Saladino hitting grand slams on consecutive days are a gullibility test.

If you see a couple of teenagers looking to hitch a ride, keep right on going and call the authorities.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 2:16 PM Post
young guns said:

I actually watched that...live. Watched Delino Deshields daughter play in the skills competition. First time I've watched a WNBA event and I'm glad I did.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 2:29 PM Post
LouisEly said:
Has anyone ever purchased a refurbished cell phone? Overall, I've had good luck with refurbished electronics (I'm typing this on a refurbished PC I purchased about nine years ago) and that makes sense because they usually fix the manufacturing defects.

I'm considering switching to xfinity Mobile as they don't charge a line access fee and charge $12/GB of data. I rarely stream video/music, and if I do, it's almost always on WiFi - I don't think I've exceeded 1GB of data in a month in the last year. The cost of xfinity would be ~$12/mo plus phone purchase cost which is $25-30/mo because they don't discount the cost of the phone as they don't have contracts. I can't bring my current phone there (Galaxy S7 - too old) and would need to purchase one from them or bring one, but a refurbished Samsung S9 is about half the cost of what xfinity charges for a S9. Even so, it's still $300, and would hate for it to crap out after a couple of months.

I've bought a few phones from Amazon that were refurbished. I've one bad experience, and that was because I needed one immediately the next day and I couldn't get the one I wanted. Other than that, they've all been pretty much the same as any new phones I've bought.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:38 PM Post
The one thing that you have to make sure of is the phone must be compatible with the network you are trying to connect to.

AT&T phones use GSM and Verizon/US Cellular phones use CDMA. Even then they may still not be compatible. This is why I tend to buy unlocked phones with stock Android on them. They tend to be compatible with the most carriers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:08 PM Post
I been in Montreal the last few days and I must say their cuisine is surprisingly good. I don't know how they do to it but the McDonald's filet-o-fish tastes exactly like those in the US. Burger King's Whopper is almost identical. The Subway I went to. You couldn't tell it was Canadian at all. I can't wait to try the Montreal Taco Bell tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 6:00 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Thurston Fluff said:
I been in Montreal the last few days and I must say their cuisine is surprisingly good. I don't know how they do to it but the McDonald's filet-o-fish tastes exactly like those in the US. Burger King's Whopper is almost identical. The Subway I went to. You couldn't tell it was Canadian at all. I can't wait to try the Montreal Taco Bell tomorrow.

I'm just going to assume you are joking...how is the poutine?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 9:36 PM Post
owbc said:
Thurston Fluff said:

Merveilleux!!!!????

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 10:12 PM Post
Thurston Fluff said:

My inner foodie wants to visit Montreal now. Le Crunchwrap Supreme, monsieur, s'il vous plait.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 02, 2019, 11:27 AM Post
owbc said:
Thurston Fluff said:

Just say that nothing outside Montreal matches their poutine. Similar to finding a brat outside of Wisconsin.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 03, 2019, 10:08 PM Post
I used to edit travel guides and it always seemed like being in Montreal during the week of their Grand Prix was pretty much the most exciting place to be on earth. A ton of things to do in that city with an exciting French-English mix. The most "Europe" of any city in North America.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 7:31 AM Post
It’s really easy to bash kids for taking out student loans to earn fine arts degrees. Then you realize how much free joy a sitcom on TV or a song on the radio bring and it makes you glad some people are willing to take that risk.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 211 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply