LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 243 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: September 24, 2019, 12:48 PM Post
Global Moderator
I think it's more, they get the leftovers. Not that they get last pick, but certain numbers have to go to certain players. Wrs and TEs 0-19 and 80s. Rbs, FBs 20-40. QB 0-19. OL 50s-70s. I don't know if Def actually has to have certain numbers or not. I can't remember off hand. But there are kind of unwritten rules about what numbers you wear, depending on position. So I just think the Kickers get left with fewer to pick from, especially if they are underclassman!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: September 24, 2019, 1:03 PM Post
Exactly, and they can't overlap with anyone else who's going to play special teams. Defensive lineman (who normally are the 90s) are one of the rarest to play specials. Obviously all athletic people are common so anyone in the 0-50s and 80s area there. O Lines play line on FGs so 60s and 70s out.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 11:17 AM Post
RobDeer 45 said:
I think it's more, they get the leftovers. Not that they get last pick, but certain numbers have to go to certain players. Wrs and TEs 0-19 and 80s. Rbs, FBs 20-40. QB 0-19. OL 50s-70s. I don't know if Def actually has to have certain numbers or not. I can't remember off hand. But there are kind of unwritten rules about what numbers you wear, depending on position. So I just think the Kickers get left with fewer to pick from, especially if they are underclassman!

I thought that was strictly an NFL thing? The NFL defines it clearly in their rule book.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2019, 10:27 AM Post
Global Moderator
Jimbo said:
RobDeer 45 said:

I thought that was strictly an NFL thing? The NFL defines it clearly in their rule book.

Yes, I know the NFL is the most strict with that. I said in my original post that I think there are kind of unwritten rules with many numbers. I don't think you'd find too many OL wearing the number 14, even if they could, if that makes sense. I also think, in college and high school, that the eligible receivers need specific numbers. If they didn't have them, they'd have to report eligible on each play they were in??? Could be wrong on that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 7:00 PM Post
I tried spiked seltzer for the first time today. It was pretty good.

The canned booze shelf at my local grocery story used to be 3/4 beer and 1/4 everything else. Now it’s 1/2 beer, 1/4 seltzer, 1/4 everything else.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2019, 12:51 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:

The canned booze shelf at my local grocery story used to be 3/4 beer and 1/4 everything else. Now it’s 1/2 beer, 1/4 seltzer, 1/4 everything else.

UW Madison stadium area bar told me they count Seltzers in their 'beer' category for record keeping purposes. Said Seltzers are 38% of 'beer sales'. Couldn't believe it when I heard, but thinking about it and it makes sense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2019, 7:26 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
nodakfan17 said:

UW Madison stadium area bar told me they count Seltzers in their 'beer' category for record keeping purposes. Said Seltzers are 38% of 'beer sales'. Couldn't believe it when I heard, but thinking about it and it makes sense.

Definition of "insight": a basic human truth that results in a change in behavior

Insight: most young women don't like the taste of beer, and, regardless of generation, never have. (There's a reason why Zima was popular when I was in undergrad.) Most young women are conscious of the calories they consume. (Thus why vodka/soda has been popular for some time.) Most young women want to party and not "miss out".

Alcohol + not taste like beer + relatively low calories = winner.

And if you haven't tried the new Natty Light hard seltzers ("Catalina Lime Mixer" and "Aloha, Beaches" - they get an A for naming them)... they don't suck. At all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2019, 8:36 PM Post
PETA has released some new “animal friendly idioms” to replace some of the sayings that we all grew up hearing such as the BrewerFan special “beating a dead horse”. The “helpful” alternative is “feeding a fed horse”. I just think some of the idioms are pretty funny and by no means am I looking to start anything. I just thought some of you might get a kick out of some of them.

https://www.peta.org/teachkind/lesson-p ... ly-idioms/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:35 AM Post
RollieTime said:
PETA has released some new “animal friendly idioms” to replace some of the sayings that we all grew up hearing such as the BrewerFan special “beating a dead horse”. The “helpful” alternative is “feeding a fed horse”. I just think some of the idioms are pretty funny and by no means am I looking to start anything. I just thought some of you might get a kick out of some of them.

I wonder what they'd have to say about Badger fans favorite cheer, "Shoot 'em like a horse!"

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 01, 2019, 1:19 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Baldkin said:
I wonder what they'd have to say about Badger fans favorite cheer, "Shoot 'em like a horse!"

"Shoot 'em like a basketball"

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: October 02, 2019, 8:41 AM Post
RollieTime said:

What really gets me is someone thought of all that. Like seriously sat down and collected a list of "offensive" idioms and thought up alternatives. Possibly even a group of folks formed a committee to do this. For what? What a gigantic waste of time.

These people want to make the world better for animals. Wasting time on crap like this gets a F from me in that effort. George Costanza couldn't find a way to be less productive.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 10:28 AM Post
I remember when PETA made a profile filter on Facebook that said "Shoot Selfies, Not Animals" and then every person proceeded to shoot selfies along with their deer etc.

That is my all time favorite PETA related thing. To think people donate money for someone to get paid to do these things. Exacty why people don't donate to large causes like that. Money is just wasted.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: October 02, 2019, 11:38 AM Post
SeaBass said:
RollieTime said:

What really gets me is someone thought of all that. Like seriously sat down and collected a list of "offensive" idioms and thought up alternatives. Possibly even a group of folks formed a committee to do this. For what? What a gigantic waste of time.

These people want to make the world better for animals. Wasting time on crap like this gets a F from me in that effort. George Costanza couldn't find a way to be less productive.

They know what they are doing. They know the concept is ridiculous. It's just keeping them in the news, diverting traffic to their website and most likely creating an uptick in donations

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2019, 3:10 PM Post
Did Florida wear these helmets when they played Miami? Because that would’ve been hilarious.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2019, 8:48 PM Post
Does almond milk or cashew milk freeze at a higher temperature than other liquids? I have a section in the door of my refrigerator where I keep the almond/cashew milk, and occasionally it freezes (or gets ice chunks in it). But it is usually right next to a gallon of green tea, which never freezes. They're both almost all water; the almond/cashew milk has a little more substance to it, a little thicker, so you think it would freeze at a lower temperature.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2019, 6:31 PM Post
RollieTime said:

PETA has long moved on from animal rights to fund raising for profit but at least they have a sense of humor.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2019, 9:39 PM Post
LouisEly said:
Does almond milk or cashew milk freeze at a higher temperature than other liquids? I have a section in the door of my refrigerator where I keep the almond/cashew milk, and occasionally it freezes (or gets ice chunks in it). But it is usually right next to a gallon of green tea, which never freezes. They're both almost all water; the almond/cashew milk has a little more substance to it, a little thicker, so you think it would freeze at a lower temperature.

What I believe is happening is that the water portion of the milk along with any stabilizers/emulsifiers can seperate and freeze at a higher temp. It's fairly common for people to accidentally freeze just their almond/cashew milk in the fridge.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2019, 11:48 AM Post
If Michael Jordan doesn’t play baseball, do the Bulls 8-peat? If so, is Michael Jordan then the best athlete (of any sport) of all all-time without question?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2019, 12:41 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
If Michael Jordan doesn’t play baseball, do the Bulls 8-peat? If so, is Michael Jordan then the best athlete (of any sport) of all all-time without question?

I think Jordan is the greatest athlete of any sport. I think Gretzky could give him a run but that is the only player I can think of who maybe as good or better than Jordan. In the NFL I don't see anyone who can challenge those two same with MLB maybe Ted Williams if he didn't go to war twice.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 14, 2019, 7:54 AM Post
First, I'd doubt they win 8 in a row if he'd stayed. Besides the tensions and all that which comes with it him leaving made them add to the team and then he came back and made their second team unbeatable. Essentially to replace MJ they brought in All Star Harper and Kukoc. Then added MJ back in, then got Rodman. That second squad was as lopsided of a team than any of the superstar teams like GSW that everyone has complained about the last few years. Basically just saying I'm not sure all those moves happen if he doesn't leave so it would made every year more and more vulnerable. Then you gotta wonder if maybe he and Pippen have a falling out at some point through it all. Plus, as is often forgotten in this discussion they got beat with him that year he came back. I know that sounds like me being a hater on MJ, but I would still rank him probably slightly best player ever over LBJ.

IMO Gretzky is clearly the major sport athlete far and away better than his peers. MJ gets talked about like that but I don't think the gap between him and LBJ, Magic, Kareem, Bird etc is anywhere close to the gap between GRetzky and others. Take a look at the hockey stats sometime, he has something like 50% more points than anyone else.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 243 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply