LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  [ 282 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 05, 2019, 7:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
How is it that a Popeye's chicken sandwich can become a craze? I sort of understand when people wait in line for a new phone or tickets to an event, or even the Black Friday folks. But I can't imagine getting worked up about a fast food lunch.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 06, 2019, 9:25 AM Post
We had a Popeyes open here a couple months ago. The first week people were waiting an hour or more for their food because the staff couldn't keep up with the crowds. Last weekend I drove by the new Burger King that opened earlier in the week. The drive through was backed up around the building and into the street.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 06, 2019, 9:29 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
We had a Popeyes open here a couple months ago. The first week people were waiting an hour or more for their food because the staff couldn't keep up with the crowds. Last weekend I drove by the new Burger King that opened earlier in the week. The drive through was backed up around the building and into the street.

Because people are stupid.

Waiting in a huge line for Burger King? Really? I sort of understand the Popeyes thing because there isn't one around every corner. That isn't the case with Burger King, though. It's just a totally generic fast food chain!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 06, 2019, 2:12 PM Post
A BK opened in our town about 6 months ago or so. There was a line out into the road for at least 2 weeks. I had to completely avoid going to that spot of the city because you would either get stuck or unable to turn. It was wild.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 06, 2019, 2:20 PM Post
That's funny, out of all the fast food burger joints in Appleton, Burger King is always the least busy. I've been there before over the lunch hour and it is like a ghost town. ll the locations, not just the one near my house. I'm a Burger King fan, but it shocks me that there is a craze when the open new stores.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 06, 2019, 3:11 PM Post
Do they have some type of promo for a couple weeks like buy one get one free on their burgers? Kind of like a “celebration” of their opening? That might draw in more people than normal.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 07, 2019, 4:56 PM Post
RollieTime said:
Do they have some type of promo for a couple weeks like buy one get one free on their burgers? Kind of like a “celebration” of their opening? That might draw in more people than normal.

No, they didn't, and the service was terrible. I did stop in one time at like 8pm because I thought there would be no line. Line was like 4 cars with 2 drive through lanes. Took me 20 minutes.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 08, 2019, 9:21 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
RollieTime said:

No, they didn't, and the service was terrible. I did stop in one time at like 8pm because I thought there would be no line. Line was like 4 cars with 2 drive through lanes. Took me 20 minutes.

Yep, that sounds like BK to me.

As far as promos, start looking for apps for the fast food places you regularly visit, there's usually some perk, deal/coupon or benefit on there. The McDonald's and Wendy's apps are especially good for deals, BK too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 9:38 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
RollieTime said:

May as well go to a restaurant for a sit down meal and be served in the same amount of time.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 09, 2019, 11:42 AM Post
Here in Racine, Chick-Fil-A opened up a stand alone restaurant and closed their restaurant inside the mall. Tons of people flocked to the new location like it never existed before.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 09, 2019, 12:59 PM Post
stalton said:
Here in Racine, Chick-Fil-A opened up a stand alone restaurant and closed their restaurant inside the mall. Tons of people flocked to the new location like it never existed before.

Chick-Fil-A has one of the cheapest costs of starting a franchise. Pretty amazing, considering how well run they are, how efficient, and tasty.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 09, 2019, 9:11 PM Post
DHonks said:
stalton said:

Chick-Fil-A has one of the cheapest costs of starting a franchise. Pretty amazing, considering how well run they are, how efficient, and tasty.

Chick-Fil-A isn’t even a true franchise opportunity. CFA controls everything and you are basically just a glorified manager of it.

On Another Note: Burger King is absolute trash. Eaten there 2-3 times in my life...cafeteria burgers are better. I thought that chain was rightfully on the decline, but I keep seeing them pop up.

As far as Popeyes and their sandwich, a brilliant marketing technique that is used often these days. It’s basically like have a limited time offer/food and then take it away. Instead they make it seem like it was so awesome they ran out and keep you on the edge of your seat until it is restocked. Kylie Jenner is a billionaire off using a similar technique with her products.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:34 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
DHonks said:
stalton said:

Chick-Fil-A isn’t even a true franchise opportunity. CFA controls everything and you are basically just a glorified manager of it.

Sort of. The franchisee only needs about $10k in start-up costs, but Chick-Fil-A pays for almost everything from building out the restaurant, training, kitchen, etc, and they get a higher annual fee than other fast food chains. However, they expect the franchisee to only have the one location, and be an active franchisee/manager. Crazy that to own a T-Bell you need around $2 million of wealth.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 6:05 PM Post
Is Desmond Howard a bust if he isn’t the Super Bowl XXXI MVP?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 8:32 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:

I'm sure Redskin fans would call him a bust being the 4th overall. Lots of Packer fans think AJ Hawk was a bust at #5, and he's the Packers all time leader in tackles for a career.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 8:46 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:

Howard holds the single season NFL record for punt return yardage with 875 yards in 1996. He was terrific that year ... truly electric. To put that number in perspective, the 2019 Packers currently have 1 (!!!) punt return yard.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 11:27 PM Post
BrewersSuperCollector said:
nodakfan17 said:

I'm sure Redskin fans would call him a bust being the 4th overall. Lots of Packer fans think AJ Hawk was a bust at #5, and he's the Packers all time leader in tackles for a career.

Howard was a bust as a star, but found a niche for a few seasons. Hawk was a bust in that he was a steady player, but never really good or great. In the top 10, teams want to get something more than a long-time contributor. He was never a top 5 middle linebacker, and maybe cracked the top 10 only once or twice.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 12:37 PM Post
I'm still miffed Wisconsin doesn't have a baseball team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 4:46 PM Post
If according to the Oscar Meyer song, that they wished to be a wiener, how would that work? If you are just a regular sausage, you won't know everybody is in love with you. If you are a hotdog with cognition, that has to be completely horrible, being stuck inside of a hot dog. Would you feel pain, being eaten?

This is what happens when I can't sleep

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 15, 2019, 4:58 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
RollieTime said:

Maybe that's why the lines were so long. [laughing]

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  [ 282 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply