LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next  [ 309 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019

Author Message
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 15, 2019, 11:12 PM Post
Posts: 3542
Thurston Fluff said:
stoutdude04 said:
RollieTime said:
Do they have some type of promo for a couple weeks like buy one get one free on their burgers? Kind of like a “celebration” of their opening? That might draw in more people than normal.


No, they didn't, and the service was terrible. I did stop in one time at like 8pm because I thought there would be no line. Line was like 4 cars with 2 drive through lanes. Took me 20 minutes.


Maybe that's why the lines were so long. [laughing]


Ha. I imagine so!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 16, 2019, 2:42 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1066
Location: bush Alaska
penn state.

I’m a die hard long time Badger fan. If they’d had the sandusky scandal I would be done. The fact that it ran so deep, everyone knows it, and they still pack happy valley chock full pisses me off.

I’ve always have had chicago as #1 on my list of places I wouldn’t live even if you gave me a million dollars to live there. That’d be a second. What is the matter with people? And for you chicago Brewer fans here-good grief. You only live once. Why on earth would you spend ANY of your life there?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 20, 2019, 3:23 PM Post
Posts: 4466
I learned a home security trick I'd like to share. Nobody can enter your home if they can't find a way in. So put a fake beard and mustache on all your doors and windows so they can't be recognized.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 20, 2019, 6:42 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6257
MrTPlush said:
On Another Note: Burger King is absolute trash. Eaten there 2-3 times in my life...cafeteria burgers are better. I thought that chain was rightfully on the decline, but I keep seeing them pop up..

A majority of their things, yeah. But for the category (cheap fast food), I have them with the best double cheeseburger (both full-size and the value menu), way better than McDonalds and edging out Wendy's and In-N-Out. And the Crossandwich - again, for the category - is way better than McDonalds' breakfast sandwiches.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 21, 2019, 7:41 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 509
LouisEly said:
MrTPlush said:
On Another Note: Burger King is absolute trash. Eaten there 2-3 times in my life...cafeteria burgers are better. I thought that chain was rightfully on the decline, but I keep seeing them pop up..

A majority of their things, yeah. But for the category (cheap fast food), I have them with the best double cheeseburger (both full-size and the value menu), way better than McDonalds and edging out Wendy's and In-N-Out. And the Crossandwich - again, for the category - is way better than McDonalds' breakfast sandwiches.

Burger King is best if you go during typical meal times, i.e. when they're busy. That way they are forced to cook fresh food for you. If you go at an off peak hour you're rolling the dice on getting pre-cooked, microwaved food. What's disturbing about this is in many of their restaurants you can see the people in the back making the food and watch them do exactly that.

But they are cheap eats. If you were more concerned with getting a quality burger hopefully there's a Culver's nearby and you can pretty much bank on getting a great sandwich.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 25, 2019, 2:29 PM Post
Posts: 1627
People that use "sorry" in their arguments/debates are almost always tools. You aren't ever sorry.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 25, 2019, 4:00 PM Post
Posts: 12513
wallus said:
People that use "sorry" in their arguments/debates are almost always tools. You aren't ever sorry.


If you are going to quote my three year old just say his name, don’t be a coward.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 25, 2019, 4:03 PM Post
Posts: 1627
MrTPlush said:
wallus said:
People that use "sorry" in their arguments/debates are almost always tools. You aren't ever sorry.


If you are going to quote my three year old just say his name, don’t be a coward.


Three year olds probably don't start use it in the context I was posting about.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 25, 2019, 4:56 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1066
Location: bush Alaska
Could somebody please provide a link to the website where one can get video of any mlb play?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 26, 2019, 12:05 PM Post
Posts: 12513
AKCheesehead said:
Could somebody please provide a link to the website where one can get video of any mlb play?

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/statcast_search


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 27, 2019, 8:57 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6257
AKCheesehead said:
I’ve always have had chicago as #1 on my list of places I wouldn’t live even if you gave me a million dollars to live there. That’d be a second. What is the matter with people? And for you chicago Brewer fans here-good grief. You only live once. Why on earth would you spend ANY of your life there?

As someone who has lived in 13 different cities/towns in 9 different states, including all of the big three (NYC, LA, Chicago) I'd put Chicago in the upper half. Don't know if you've spent a lot of time in the northeast, but it is WAY ahead of NYC/Boston/Philadelphia.

The cost of housing in Chicago is dirt cheap for a city that size - a very welcome change from LA and NYC. The women are prettier than NYC/Boston/Philadelphia, that's for sure. The public transportation system makes it really easy to get around, second perhaps only to NYC. Yeah, it has it's fair share of douchebags, but there are douchebags everywhere (less douchebags in NYC, but that's because everybody is broke from the cost of living) and the douchebags are pretty much limited to the fratboys/sorority girls who grew up in the upper middle class suburbs of Chicago and never have lived anywhere else. There are plenty of people here who didn't grow up in the upper middle class suburbs of Chicago who aren't douchebags, you just have to avoid the general Wrigleyville area. And Chicago is driving distance from Wisconsin if you want to get away for the weekend.

It's not utopia by any stretch - I'd rather be in Austin or Denver, maybe Nashville or Seattle (Seattle is getting expensive too, and my field doesn't pay enough to live in coastal CA), but I work in a fairly specialized field and there aren't many opportunities in those cities.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 27, 2019, 11:36 AM Post
Posts: 8655
LouisEly said:
AKCheesehead said:
I’ve always have had chicago as #1 on my list of places I wouldn’t live even if you gave me a million dollars to live there. That’d be a second. What is the matter with people? And for you chicago Brewer fans here-good grief. You only live once. Why on earth would you spend ANY of your life there?

As someone who has lived in 13 different cities/towns in 9 different states, including all of the big three (NYC, LA, Chicago) I'd put Chicago in the upper half. Don't know if you've spent a lot of time in the northeast, but it is WAY ahead of NYC/Boston/Philadelphia.

The cost of housing in Chicago is dirt cheap for a city that size - a very welcome change from LA and NYC. The women are prettier than NYC/Boston/Philadelphia, that's for sure. The public transportation system makes it really easy to get around, second perhaps only to NYC. Yeah, it has it's fair share of douchebags, but there are douchebags everywhere (less douchebags in NYC, but that's because everybody is broke from the cost of living) and the douchebags are pretty much limited to the fratboys/sorority girls who grew up in the upper middle class suburbs of Chicago and never have lived anywhere else. There are plenty of people here who didn't grow up in the upper middle class suburbs of Chicago who aren't douchebags, you just have to avoid the general Wrigleyville area. And Chicago is driving distance from Wisconsin if you want to get away for the weekend.

It's not utopia by any stretch - I'd rather be in Austin or Denver, maybe Nashville or Seattle (Seattle is getting expensive too, and my field doesn't pay enough to live in coastal CA), but I work in a fairly specialized field and there aren't many opportunities in those cities.


I've never lived in the "Big 3" but have been to all 3 cities plenty of times. I hate Chicago. The people there are generally jerks. NYC gets that reputation, but it hasn't been my experience at all. But Chicago....doesn't matter if it's the city or burbs, upper, middle, lower class...most everyone is a jerk. Beyond that, I can't explain it, but I just don't like the whole "feel" of the area.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 27, 2019, 2:55 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5625
Location: Phoenix, AZ
LouisEly said:


It's not utopia by any stretch - I'd rather be in Austin or Denver, maybe Nashville or Seattle (Seattle is getting expensive too, and my field doesn't pay enough to live in coastal CA), but I work in a fairly specialized field and there aren't many opportunities in those cities.


Nashville, Austin, San Antonio, Charlotte and Vancouver are on my list of possible next destinations if I ever move again.

Seattle is turning into San Francisco in terms of living expenses. I have no idea how anyone can live comfortably in San Francisco.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 28, 2019, 12:26 PM Post
Posts: 1414
My young son likes the Charlie Brown holiday specials on ABC. Last night, the Thanksgiving special was on at 7:00. I promised he could stay up past his bedtime to watch. After we finished dinner around 6:30, he starts asking to watch Charlie Brown. I explain it’s not on yet and that he has to wait until 7:00. He looks at me like I’m crazy. The concept of waiting for a TV show to be on is completely foreign to him because he’s grown up with streaming services, iTunes movies, and DVR. Happy Thanksgiving, BF.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 28, 2019, 8:42 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6257
Just went to Fangraphs and of the 10 most trending players that show up when you go to the search bar, seven of them are current or former Brewers.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 29, 2019, 5:24 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8498
nodakfan17 said:
My young son likes the Charlie Brown holiday specials on ABC. Last night, the Thanksgiving special was on at 7:00. I promised he could stay up past his bedtime to watch. After we finished dinner around 6:30, he starts asking to watch Charlie Brown. I explain it’s not on yet and that he has to wait until 7:00. He looks at me like I’m crazy. The concept of waiting for a TV show to be on is completely foreign to him because he’s grown up with streaming services, iTunes movies, and DVR. Happy Thanksgiving, BF.


Same with my 3 year old. We were watching something on TV and he was mad at us because we couldn't skip past the commercials.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 29, 2019, 8:02 PM Post
Posts: 8109
nodakfan17 said:
My young son likes the Charlie Brown holiday specials on ABC. Last night, the Thanksgiving special was on at 7:00.,


The 7pm thing is amazing to me. I had a friend return my call last week at like 7:30 saying he missed my call getting the kids to bed. I had to ask what time they went to bed. I think I now understand why the school nurse and my first grade teacher were shocked that I stayed up until 9:30-10:30 as a kid. With brothers 10 and 11 years older, I never went to bed early, especially during summer when the sun was out.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 30, 2019, 5:09 AM Post
Posts: 1414
DHonks said:
nodakfan17 said:
My young son likes the Charlie Brown holiday specials on ABC. Last night, the Thanksgiving special was on at 7:00.,


The 7pm thing is amazing to me. I had a friend return my call last week at like 7:30 saying he missed my call getting the kids to bed. I had to ask what time they went to bed. I think I now understand why the school nurse and my first grade teacher were shocked that I stayed up until 9:30-10:30 as a kid. With brothers 10 and 11 years older, I never went to bed early, especially during summer when the sun was out.

With my 3-year-old, we start the bedtime routine at 7:00 pm by brushing his teeth and getting into pajamas. I usually read to him for 20 minutes in his room, the my wife rocks him to sleep for another 20 minutes. I’d say it’s usually 8:00 before he’s actually sleeping, but if you want them asleep by 8:00, you’ve got to start around 7:00.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 30, 2019, 11:13 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 11190
AKCheesehead said:
penn state.

I’m a die hard long time Badger fan. If they’d had the sandusky scandal I would be done. The fact that it ran so deep, everyone knows it, and they still pack happy valley chock full pisses me off.

I’ve always have had chicago as #1 on my list of places I wouldn’t live even if you gave me a million dollars to live there. That’d be a second. What is the matter with people? And for you chicago Brewer fans here-good grief. You only live once. Why on earth would you spend ANY of your life there?


Oh where do I begin....

1) we don't need a car because we can walk, bike, or take the bus/train anywhere we need to go. So we don't deal with traffic.
2) speaking of walking, within a FIVE minute walk of our apartment we can get tacos/burritos, Mexican seafood, Italian, sushi, BBQ, burgers, ramen, cajun etc. And it's all really good. We can take a bus or train and get world class food in other neighborhoods.
3) Live theater is everywhere. We have two places within five minute walk of our apartment.
4) I'd wager I have one of the more beautiful commutes in the country - and I don't use lake Shore Drive which might be the most beautiful commute in country.
5) world class improv every night of the week. People I used to watch in tiny 50 person theaters are now on TV shows and commercials
6) I haven't had a connecting flight since I moved here.
7) Incredible museums
8) easy access to Chicago sports radio after the Bears lose [smile]

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: November 30, 2019, 11:25 AM Post
Posts: 12513
Chicago, the city, probably not the worst to live in.

Definitely one of the worst places to live. Just terrible, nothing would make me live there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next  [ 309 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: burnzy24 and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test