LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next  [ 309 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019

Author Message
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#81

Posted: March 16, 2019, 6:40 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 18827
It's not necessary but if you want you can tip like $10 per person or something.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#82

Posted: March 16, 2019, 9:36 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10809
If I pay for furniture delivery, I don't/wouldn't tip.

If I got free delivery in the price of the furniture, then I'd tip them a $20 or so.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#83

Posted: March 25, 2019, 11:06 AM Post
Posts: 1111
Coffee is the nectar of the gods


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#84

Posted: April 10, 2019, 8:44 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6258
My bedroom patio door doesn't have a good seal in the middle between the two doors. It isn't so much the cold air that it's letting in, it's the noise that it's letting in (live in Chicago just off of a fairly busy street).

Anyone know of ways I can make the patio door more soundproof? Any type of material I could put in the middle between the two doors... and if so, how?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#85

Posted: April 11, 2019, 2:18 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1066
Location: bush Alaska
I realize this doesn't help, but...
Image


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#86

Posted: April 11, 2019, 2:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5160
LouisEly said:
My bedroom patio door doesn't have a good seal in the middle between the two doors. It isn't so much the cold air that it's letting in, it's the noise that it's letting in (live in Chicago just off of a fairly busy street).

Anyone know of ways I can make the patio door more soundproof? Any type of material I could put in the middle between the two doors... and if so, how?


Weatherstripping (or replacing the weather stripping) the doors is probably the easiest/best bet for you. Sound travels differently from wind, but they handle the same functionality: Don't let stuff in that you don't want in.

Are they sliding doors?

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/how-to/how ... iding-door

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#87

Posted: April 11, 2019, 4:18 PM Post
Posts: 3543
AKCheesehead said:
I realize this doesn't help, but...
Image


Made my day.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#88

Posted: April 15, 2019, 7:17 PM Post
Posts: 1414
If I use Uber or Lyft, how can I be sure my driver is properly insured?

Are these independent contractors paying for commercial auto insurance or are they just hoping their insurance carrier doesn’t find out they are driving on the side?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#89

Posted: April 16, 2019, 8:47 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5160
nodakfan17 said:
If I use Uber or Lyft, how can I be sure my driver is properly insured?

Are these independent contractors paying for commercial auto insurance or are they just hoping their insurance carrier doesn’t find out they are driving on the side?


They are paying for personal auto insurance. There is no way they are paying for commercial insurance. It's part of these "ride sharing" companies deferring costs onto drivers while removing their own liability.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#90

Posted: April 16, 2019, 9:44 AM Post
Posts: 1414
Baldkin said:
nodakfan17 said:
If I use Uber or Lyft, how can I be sure my driver is properly insured?

Are these independent contractors paying for commercial auto insurance or are they just hoping their insurance carrier doesn’t find out they are driving on the side?


They are paying for personal auto insurance. There is no way they are paying for commercial insurance. It's part of these "ride sharing" companies deferring costs onto drivers while removing their own liability.

That’s what I thought.

So if I’m badly injured as a passenger, can the driver’s insurance company deny me help because I was a commercial passenger? They’d probably tell me to sue the driver. I’m certain Uber and Lyft have found ways to absolve themselves of responsibility in this situation.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#91

Posted: April 16, 2019, 2:48 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5160
nodakfan17 said:
Baldkin said:
nodakfan17 said:
If I use Uber or Lyft, how can I be sure my driver is properly insured?

Are these independent contractors paying for commercial auto insurance or are they just hoping their insurance carrier doesn’t find out they are driving on the side?


They are paying for personal auto insurance. There is no way they are paying for commercial insurance. It's part of these "ride sharing" companies deferring costs onto drivers while removing their own liability.

That’s what I thought.

So if I’m badly injured as a passenger, can the driver’s insurance company deny me help because I was a commercial passenger? They’d probably tell me to sue the driver. I’m certain Uber and Lyft have found ways to absolve themselves of responsibility in this situation.


You, as a rider, would be under Uber's insurance policy (I believe) but the driver would (most likely) not (and most likely, their personal insurance claim would be negated -- as "Driving for hire" is usually banned).

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#92

Posted: April 16, 2019, 4:07 PM Post
Posts: 1414
Thanks for the explanation. Count me as someone who is still skeptical. I foresee a lot of finger pointing in that situation.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#93

Posted: April 16, 2019, 8:20 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6258
Car insurance companies - and vehicle financing companies - now ask if the vehicle will be used for commercial/ride-sharing purposes. If the driver says it isn't, then they are committing fraud. If the driver says it is, they will pay appropriate insurance rates and be covered.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#94

Posted: April 21, 2019, 10:17 AM Post
Posts: 1414
For some reason, I detest businesses that open on Thanksgiving, but have no problem with stores that are open on Easter. In fact, I just got back from Menards.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#95

Posted: April 26, 2019, 12:41 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8501
I don't get the popularity of all these comic book movies. I've seen some of them and I've liked some of them but I just don't get it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#96

Posted: April 26, 2019, 7:59 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2245
Having seen the Verizon ad entirely too frequently between the NCAA tournament and the NFL Draft...I hope to go the rest of my life without hearing about the condition of Ned Yost’s pelvis.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#97

Posted: April 27, 2019, 2:12 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1066
Location: bush Alaska
bjkrautk said:
Having seen the Verizon ad entirely too frequently between the NCAA tournament and the NFL Draft...I hope to go the rest of my life without hearing about the condition of Ned Yost’s pelvis.


I had no idea what you were talking about, I’ve been away from tv for awhile. No more than 30 seconds after reading your post the Yost ad came on.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#98

Posted: April 27, 2019, 9:11 AM Post
Posts: 3543
jerichoholicninja said:
I don't get the popularity of all these comic book movies. I've seen some of them and I've liked some of them but I just don't get it.


My wife enjoys them, so if it's an excuse to have a date night and not have to watch some romcom or chick flick...sign me up.

Now we've watched almost all of them so I think it's about hearing and finding out more of the story.

She really enjoyed Deadpool(I know that doesnt go with the Avengers story).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
#99

Posted: April 27, 2019, 10:06 AM Post
Posts: 1632
jerichoholicninja said:
I don't get the popularity of all these comic book movies. I've seen some of them and I've liked some of them but I just don't get it.


They seem popular with both genders and are usually pretty well written. Most of the other movies that come out stink. Not much else to get.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2019
Posted: April 27, 2019, 10:11 AM Post
Posts: 1414
jerichoholicninja said:
I don't get the popularity of all these comic book movies. I've seen some of them and I've liked some of them but I just don't get it.

I’m with you. I enjoyed the 3 Iron Man movies, but the original Avengers film was a little too ‘science-fictiony’ for my tastes. That being said, I think a 22-film story arc is impressive and I wouldn’t mind watching all the MCU movies with my young son in a few years.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next  [ 309 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test