LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 11 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Dennis Krause

Offline  Dennis Krause

Posted: January 02, 2019, 11:32 AM Post
As of 1/1/19 Time Warner Sports channel is dead. Spectrum bought TWC of course, and finally killed off this channel. I always enjoyed Dennis Krause Show, he had a lot of interesting guests over the years. Also watched his Roundtable show sometimes. (BTW, it was also cool that this station had HS sports, TRats games, etc. over the years.)

If you go to that channel now, it will say tune to channel 1, which looks like a news station that just recycles a newscast every 15 minutes but no other programming. Does anyone know if Dennis is resurfacing on Spectrum or anywhere else? Anyone aware if Spectrum will create a channel for local sports programming in general?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Dennis Krause

Posted: January 02, 2019, 9:01 PM Post
They started a 24 hour news channel, and therefore got out of the sports business. Not sure how Krause will be affiliated with spectrum if at all.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2019, 9:40 AM Post
Does that mean no more High School sports games televised by the cable company?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2019, 3:04 PM Post
Doesn't channel 14 in Green Bay show high school sports and TRats game? Or maybe that doesn't even exist anymore.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2019, 3:19 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Doesn't channel 14 in Green Bay show high school sports and TRats game? Or maybe that doesn't even exist anymore.

When I (recently) lived in Appleton the TRats games were split between Time Warner Sports channel and one of the local channels. Not sure if it was 14, I want to say whatever the CW station was/is. Can't recall if they had local sports, HS football maybe?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2019, 3:50 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
jerichoholicninja said:

When I (recently) lived in Appleton the TRats games were split between Time Warner Sports channel and one of the local channels. Not sure if it was 14, I want to say whatever the CW station was/is. Can't recall if they had local sports, HS football maybe?

It was the CW station and they did have high school football at least along with TRats games, maybe even UW-GB women's basketball games. Like I said, not sure if they still do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2019, 9:10 PM Post
Patrick425 said:
Does that mean no more High School sports games televised by the cable company?

Fs Wisconsin showed the football playoffs, maybe they will pick up some of the slack.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Dennis Krause

Posted: January 07, 2019, 4:08 PM Post
Unless you have a kid playing, why the hell would you want to watch high school sports?

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2019, 4:13 PM Post
trwi7 said:
Unless you have a kid playing, why the hell would you want to watch high school sports?

I don't know, why would anyone watch college sports unless you have a kid playing?

I for one really enjoy watching HS basketball. Also watch some HS football. In fact, the Kimberly/Arrowhead champ game a few years ago (in the snow)was one of the best football games I've ever seen in my life.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2019, 12:32 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
trwi7 said:

I don't know, why would anyone watch college sports unless you have a kid playing?

I for one really enjoy watching HS basketball. Also watch some HS football. In fact, the Kimberly/Arrowhead champ game a few years ago (in the snow)was one of the best football games I've ever seen in my life.

I don't know how many schools would have a mutlimedia club. They could stream the game live over the Internet, or even have it recorded. Streaming is the way to go.

It would probably hurt the totals at the gate, though...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2019, 12:52 PM Post
trwi7 said:

Outside of the Badgers, high school is the only level of basketball I enjoy watching. And if I want to take in a track meet, that's the way to go. Plus, the two years I was in rural Wisconsin, high school sports was the only show in town.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 11 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply