LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What do you think this Brewers license plate means?

Offline  What do you think this Brewers license plate means?

Posted: January 09, 2019, 9:08 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Colleague saw a ball-glove license plate that reads 1GD VT. What do you think it means?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What do you think this Brewers license plate means?

Posted: January 09, 2019, 11:43 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
One good vet?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 09, 2019, 2:21 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
That is one of my theories. The other is "one god-d*** vote," which has me trying to think of which Brewer has missed on the HOF by one vote. Ted Simmons maybe?

It could also be not related to baseball but the owner of the personalized plate is a Brewers fan.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 09, 2019, 2:37 PM Post
Global Moderator
Might have some kind of religious connotation...about Vermont.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 09, 2019, 3:28 PM Post
My first thought was that it was religious- 1 God & then whatever VT is

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 09, 2019, 4:27 PM Post
1 Gold Vault?

Probably just their initials actually. Which should go under the "What's Bugging Me" thread, people who pay for personalized plates and just have their initials, or something like this nobody can decipher.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 09, 2019, 10:05 PM Post
I thought my plate was cryptic - 19 HOF. For most on this site they would know what it means, but I have had several people ask and or make bad guesses. One time when parking at Miller Park, the ticket taker said..."Hey, love your plates. BJ Hoffman was a good one!" Was not sure how to respond, so I just let him assume he knew what he was talking about.

edit: I have always been hesitant to post my plates. I'm an aggressive driver. Sorry if I have offended anyone on this site who has encountered me on the roads!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 8:53 AM Post
Patrick425 said:
I thought my plate was cryptic - 19 HOF. For most on this site they would know what it means, but I have had several people ask and or make bad guesses. One time when parking at Miller Park, the ticket taker said..."Hey, love your plates. BJ Hoffman was a good one!" Was not sure how to respond, so I just let him assume he knew what he was talking about.

edit: I have always been hesitant to post my plates. I'm an aggressive driver. Sorry if I have offended anyone on this site who has encountered me on the roads!

No, you're good, I approve. Then again, huge Yount fan here. Can't wait until you fly past me and cut me off. I start cussing then notice your plates and say to myself "it's Patrick, I'm cool with that"

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 9:10 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
FVBrewerFan said:
No, you're good, I approve. Then again, huge Yount fan here. Can't wait until you fly past me and cut me off. I start cussing then notice your plates and say to myself "it's Patrick, I'm cool with that"

[laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 11:19 AM Post
Funny thing is one time I saw a HOF 19 parked at Miller Park (same as mine, just the other way around).

My favorite Brewer plate that I ever saw was HEY 19. It was on a food delivery vehicle. Also being a huge Steely Dan fan I was upset at myself for not thinking of it. So, one time I'm walking downtown and I see the car parked on State Street and the driver inside looking at his phone with the window down (this was actually during the playoffs this last October). So, I had to stop and talk to the guy about his plates. It was a younger guy that said he was mainly a Steely Dan fan by way of his father.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 11:34 AM Post
I don't know, but if K9HANK isn't taken I am jumping on it just to bring back the good memories of how much we loved him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 12:45 PM Post
I saw one plate that was a Brewers plate and it was NAPICKL or something like that. Thought it was clever.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 1:18 PM Post
hawing said:
That is one of my theories. The other is "one god-d*** vote," which has me trying to think of which Brewer has missed on the HOF by one vote. Ted Simmons maybe?

It could also be not related to baseball but the owner of the personalized plate is a Brewers fan.

How about a different vote? Perhaps George Petak's vote on the funding bill for Miller Park could be alluded to. The driver is watching the Brewers play in Milwaukee because of that one vote.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 1:40 PM Post
A couple months ago some friends and I saw a Brewers plate that was 1091AB or something like that. It was 4 numbers followed by "AB". We spent the next hour or so trying to figure out which Brewer had whatever the number was of at bats in their career. Eventually someone said that's the generic Brewer plate number if it isn't personalized.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 2:37 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Yeah, the format for the ball-glove non-personalized plates is (number)AB. AC is at the end of the "21st century M" plate numbers.
We thought about personalization, but in Madison just having Brewers plates already makes us stand out plenty.
Even in Milwaukee, we've only ever seen our make/color of car with a ball-glove logo on just one other car - so in a way we stand out in MKE too.

I've seen HEY 19 in the Molitor Lot, though I don't remember it being on a delivery vehicle.
I don't know about K9HANK, but HANKK9 is taken, by Brewerfan's own zachlaka.
And frankly, I like ReverendBrewmeister's theory best of all ideas so far.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 4:17 PM Post
I wish they would make an update with the retro logo in the modern colors...I am going to buy one here eventually and while I love the retro I don't really want that bright blue on my car.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 4:21 PM Post
The only plate I would even consider paying extra for personalized plate:

WOSOLVD

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2019, 9:18 PM Post
hawing said:
I've seen HEY 19 in the Molitor Lot, though I don't remember it being on a delivery vehicle.

It's a regular car, but when I see it, it has a sign on top. I don't remember what it is, but I think it's a pizza place. Not a national chain, but some local place. I'm guessing he takes it off his car when he's not working.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 11, 2019, 11:32 AM Post
Patrick425 said:
hawing said:

It's a regular car, but when I see it, it has a sign on top. I don't remember what it is, but I think it's a pizza place. Not a national chain, but some local place. I'm guessing he takes it off his car when he's not working.

Nice play on words. I have a feeling the owner is a Steely Dan fan.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 11, 2019, 3:56 PM Post
Yes....that's what my post indicated (post #10). [ohwell]

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply