LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What do you think this Brewers license plate means?

Offline  Re: What do you think this Brewers license plate means?

Posted: January 11, 2019, 11:40 PM Post
ReverendBrewmeister said:
hawing said:
That is one of my theories. The other is "one god-d*** vote," which has me trying to think of which Brewer has missed on the HOF by one vote. Ted Simmons maybe?

It could also be not related to baseball but the owner of the personalized plate is a Brewers fan.

How about a different vote? Perhaps George Petak's vote on the funding bill for Miller Park could be alluded to. The driver is watching the Brewers play in Milwaukee because of that one vote.

I think you may have something here...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 14, 2019, 9:11 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
A couple months ago some friends and I saw a Brewers plate that was 1091AB or something like that. It was 4 numbers followed by "AB". We spent the next hour or so trying to figure out which Brewer had whatever the number was of at bats in their career. Eventually someone said that's the generic Brewer plate number if it isn't personalized.

Funny youbring that up. I did the same exact thing when plates started coming out. I saw a pretty large number with AB after it so I thought it had to be a stat for Yount or Molitor's AB total. After I saw a bunch of other ones I figured out that it was just the generics.

When I got my car I couldn't decide between Brewers or Packers plates, but after typing in a bunch of ideas for both teams and all of them were taken, I finally settled for Packers plates when I found that MAJIK7 was available

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 14, 2019, 12:18 PM Post
Kind of on the subject, but how much does it cost to get the Brewers plates, and personalized?

I know the cost is higher the first year, but do you have to pay a higher cost each year after, or is that just an initial cost?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 14, 2019, 1:00 PM Post
turborickey said:
Kind of on the subject, but how much does it cost to get the Brewers plates, and personalized?

I know the cost is higher the first year, but do you have to pay a higher cost each year after, or is that just an initial cost?

If I'm not mistaken, there is a one time $15 issuance fee, then annually there is a $25 fee (they call it a donation), that goes to the SE WI Ballpark district and if you personalize there is an additional $15 annual fee. So, $40 more per year for a personalized Brewer plate ($25 non-personalized).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 21, 2019, 9:15 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
A couple months ago some friends and I saw a Brewers plate that was 1091AB or something like that. It was 4 numbers followed by "AB". We spent the next hour or so trying to figure out which Brewer had whatever the number was of at bats in their career. Eventually someone said that's the generic Brewer plate number if it isn't personalized.

Just saw this one earlier this week. It was 1992AB I think?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 22, 2019, 10:50 AM Post
Just went to the DMV site as a curiosity, the AB at the end seems to be for the Brewers Ball and Glove logo plate and if it's the Brewers M logo plate the letters are AC.

https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/vehi ... aukee.aspx

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 23, 2019, 11:41 AM Post
Global Moderator
I saw a Brewer plate last night somewhere around Tomah.

BT STL

I liked that one.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply