LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 59 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Personalized License Plates

Offline  Re: Brewers Personalized License Plates

Posted: April 03, 2019, 1:25 PM Post
hawing said:
I don't know if this should be obvious, but the meaning of the 9 OF 13 ball-glove plate I see at Miller Park isn't obvious to me.

I mean, Billy Jo Robidoux wore those two numbers as a Brewer.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Brewers Personalized License Plates

Posted: April 03, 2019, 2:19 PM Post
hawing said:
I don't know if this should be obvious, but the meaning of the 9 OF 13 ball-glove plate I see at Miller Park isn't obvious to me.

Pretty close to how we ended last year: 10/13 is what we did though. Maybe they are bad at math (or me). Though unless that plate it new that is obviously not a possible fail on their part.

The people to wear 9 or 13 aren't obvious. Specifically most were one year scrubs or just plain bad.

I really want to say OF stands for outfield....but for some reason I really feel it means 9 of 13 or in another way 9 out of 13.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2019, 6:20 AM Post
hawing said:

Perhaps nothing to do with baseball? Maybe he/she is the 9th of 13 kids in their family? Yes, that's a lot of siblings.....but maybe the fact that it is so rare is why they are putting it on their plates.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2019, 8:19 AM Post
stalton said:
I followed someone this morning with a Brewers license plate that was "4for4"

I'm not sure I get the reference.

They might simply like the clever phonetic element of it to go along with a general baseball reference.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2019, 9:47 AM Post
KSAYCF

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2019, 10:14 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
KSAYCF

That would be a good one if you were a Cardinal's fan.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2019, 11:26 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
Patrick425 said:
stalton said:
I followed someone this morning with a Brewers license plate that was "4for4"

I'm not sure I get the reference.

Maybe a family of 4 that are fans of Molitor?

Wait...are you guys serious? You guys don’t get that plate?

Y’all need to look at more box scores, preferably ones where a guy gets four hits...in four ABs....

I know what 4 for 4 means. I just don't get the significance if it relates to a particular person or event.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2019, 1:17 PM Post
I know what 4 for 4 means. I just don't get the significance if it relates to a particular person or event.

Why does it need to have significance beyond a baseball term? I'm sure someone has GRSLAM, HR, WLKOFF, etc. all kinds of baseball related terms. Don't think about it too hard, just take it as face value. Only other thing it COULD be on top of that is having 4 people in the family, but that's about it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2019, 11:36 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:

Why does it need to have significance beyond a baseball term? I'm sure someone has GRSLAM, HR, WLKOFF, etc. all kinds of baseball related terms. Don't think about it too hard, just take it as face value. Only other thing it COULD be on top of that is having 4 people in the family, but that's about it.

No, as mentioned, could be a reference Molitor as well. If 4 for 4 just means 4 for 4 as in the baseball term, then should have just saved some money and gone with the generic non personalized plate imho.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 6:08 PM Post
HIURA is taken, surprised me...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 6:32 PM Post
I have it narrowed down to 6 ideas that I like...

Others that are available that I am not going to use:

EUCKER
S1XT0 - Great idea provided in this thread though!
CRUW - too redundant
99WAR

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 7:32 PM Post
turborickey said:
HIURA is taken, surprised me...

I think that is fairly recent. I remember when I was deciding on one that was available.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 06, 2019, 7:24 AM Post
I decided to take the plunge on Ball and Glove plates myself. After tossing around ideas in my head I'm not going with a baseball referrence, though it could be since it's a modified take on the number 42, which I could claim has a Jackie Robinson connection, but that's not really the inspiration for it.

I'll share some of the ones I thought of but didn't go with. Last time I checked these they were all available but that was a while ago. I'm not sharing my 2nd choice in case something goes wrong with my 1st choice.

CUHADR
BNTDBL
GR8GME
H8R71
CYEL22
CRUWIN

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 06, 2019, 7:39 AM Post
Two that I thought were decent options:

8MVP22
HDRADE

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 09, 2019, 6:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
It appears SCRUBS is still available if anyone wants to incorporate an endearing alternate moniker for the Northsiders.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 17, 2019, 9:31 AM Post
STLSUX is available, and I had it down as my 1st pick, however, I showed it to 3 different people, and all 3 of them read it as STILL SUCKS!

I don't know if I want people to read my Milwaukee Brewers plates as saying the Brewers still suck...

When I see it, I immediately think St. Louis, but that might not be the case with the general public. I want to celebrate my fandom, not look like a negative jerk.

I am also not so sure they will accept it either. We shall see, I bumped it down to #2 when I sent in my form.

Still no word...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 17, 2019, 10:17 AM Post
turborickey said:
STLSUX is available, and I had it down as my 1st pick, however, I showed it to 3 different people, and all 3 of them read it as STILL SUCKS!

I don't know if I want people to read my Milwaukee Brewers plates as saying the Brewers still suck...

When I see it, I immediately think St. Louis, but that might not be the case with the general public. I want to celebrate my fandom, not look like a negative jerk.

I am also not so sure they will accept it either. We shall see, I bumped it down to #2 when I sent in my form.

Still no word...

I mailed my application & payment on June 3, just got my vehicle registration form in the mail on Friday showing my #1 choice as my new plate number. So figure about 3 weeks from when you mailed yours in to get your new form. Still waiting for the actual plates, I think it said 4 to 6 weeks so I may have another 3 weeks to wait for those.

My #2 choice was BL00PR I kind of liked that one.

Last edited by SeaBass on June 17, 2019, 10:23 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 17, 2019, 10:19 AM Post
SeaBass said:
turborickey said:

Still no word...

I mailed my application & payment on June 3, just got my vehicle registration form in the mail on Friday showing my #1 choice as my new plate number. So figure about 3 weeks from when you mailed yours in to get your new form. Still waiting for the actual plates, I think it said 4 to 6 weeks so I may have another 3 weeks to wait for those.

Can I ask what your #1 choice was? If you'd rather not share, that is fine too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 17, 2019, 10:36 AM Post
turborickey said:
SeaBass said:
turborickey said:

Still no word...

Can I ask what your #1 choice was? If you'd rather not share, that is fine too.

I went with 4TEE2 which is just a play on the word/number 42. My favorite number. I can also claim a Jackie Robinson baseball connection if I wanted to. Or Scott Karl [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 59 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply