LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 31 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

MLB.TV

Offline  Re: MLB.TV

Posted: February 14, 2020, 1:51 PM Post
RobDeer 45 said:
Anyone doing MLB.TV this year? I'm about to sign up again. I didn't need it last year as I was in WI, but I'm now out of state again and need to get the service.

Was there anything new last year? Have you seen anything new for this year?

Random question but I was able to sign in to my parent's fox sports go account and watch Brewer's games, the last few weeks of last year, when we moved.. It doesn't seem to be working now. Did they change something?

Fox sports Wisconsin doesn't work on my fox sports go app anymore. I have U-verse. Once I login, it's gone. I still have FS1 etc. This is why I was asking about cord cutting, i watch alot of sports on my mobile so not having that ability, makes it no longer sensible to have cable TV.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 14, 2020, 10:38 PM Post
Global Moderator
I think my wife and I have decided to give it a try. It supposedly will be activated before spring training games begin so I can try it out for a week or so before making the final decision. Directv told me that I will be billed for the first installment of Extra Innings on March 15th so I can cancel before then. And they also told me that if i change my mind, I can always renew the subscription after the season starts.

Thanks for the information!

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 17, 2020, 3:35 PM Post
I used it for the first time last year and had minimal issues. Initially I had issues connecting to games, but I just had to reinstall the program once and I was all set for the season. My first thought was the whole blackout thing, but in Arizona you'll be fine except when the Brewers play the Dbacks.

Others have noted this, but you're on a delay. So if you're on the phone or texting with someone watching the game and don't like spoilers...make sure said person is aware you're on a delay so they don't spoil the Braun walkoff or Lorenzo Cain game saving wall catch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 17, 2020, 4:31 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
RobDeer 45 said:
Anyone doing MLB.TV this year? I'm about to sign up again. I didn't need it last year as I was in WI, but I'm now out of state again and need to get the service.

Was there anything new last year? Have you seen anything new for this year?

Random question but I was able to sign in to my parent's fox sports go account and watch Brewer's games, the last few weeks of last year, when we moved.. It doesn't seem to be working now. Did they change something?

Fox sports Wisconsin doesn't work on my fox sports go app anymore. I have U-verse. Once I login, it's gone. I still have FS1 etc. This is why I was asking about cord cutting, i watch alot of sports on my mobile so not having that ability, makes it no longer sensible to have cable TV.

This is odd - I have UVerse and just tried the FSGO app on my phone. I was able to watch what's on FS Wisconsin without any issues.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 17, 2020, 10:08 PM Post
I get it free from Tmobile. If it’s free it’s for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 19, 2020, 9:23 AM Post
anyone else with u-verse have the same issues with streaming FS WI?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 7:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
I made the move last night. Cancelled MLB Extra Innings with Directv and we're going to try the MLB.TV subscription. We've watched a little spring training action and it seems to be okay. I really should try to hard wire the connection rather than wi-fi just to make sure it's a good strong connection.

We figure we'll know within the first week of the regular season if we want to go back to the Extra Innings package or not. Who knows? Maybe I'll miss all those Menard's commercials and lawyer ads, LOL!!!

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 28, 2020, 3:56 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
pitchleague said:
I made the move last night. Cancelled MLB Extra Innings with Directv and we're going to try the MLB.TV subscription.

I get MLB.TV free with my Extra Innings subscription via Xfinity (Comcast).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 28, 2020, 8:29 AM Post
FWIW there are a ton of resources on bypassing blackout restrictions with VPNs and the like. Google and you'll find about a million.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 28, 2020, 9:24 AM Post
Global Moderator
Mass Haas said:
pitchleague said:
I made the move last night. Cancelled MLB Extra Innings with Directv and we're going to try the MLB.TV subscription.

I get MLB.TV free with my Extra Innings subscription via Xfinity (Comcast).

I did, too, with Directv. But being free with my 20-game season ticket package (which I don't use--other family does), it made sense to ditch the $150 given to Directv and just watch for free, thanks to the Brewers.

- - - - - - - - -

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 28, 2020, 10:29 AM Post
If you live in the Brewers viewing area and attend even a couple of games, it would almost make no sense to buy MLB.tv and not just get a 20 pack. I assume any such person is a pretty big Brewers fan and the cost differential would be minimal if not in the other direction just by selling off a couple prime weekend games/OD.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 31 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply