LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

New Music

Offline  Re: New Music

Posted: May 13, 2019, 4:14 PM Post
Patrick425 said:
Not really being that familiar with Chris Stapleton, I decided to listen to some of his stuff on You Tube after all the raving about him here. Listened to parts of 4 or 5 tracks and yes, that's not the type of country music I was referring to or that I tend to hear in bars from time to time (that I don't like). That music seems a lot more bluesy and closer to country rock from the 70's or 80's, like the Allman Brothers or Lynard Skynard (although, was never a huge fan of Lynard Skynard). Some of it even sounded like it could have come from Springsteen. The video for "Fire Away" is really well done and captivating.

The Steeldrivers another band he was in is good also more bluegrass than country.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 9:09 PM Post
GAME05 said:
YoungGeezy1 said:
NF is a rapper that I really like.

I've been listening to more rap music since I'm starting to work out. Ordinarily don't like rap because of the content and language, but I like NF a lot, too. Really smart lyrics and clean. Propaganda is another guy you might want to check out.

Witt Lowry & Ollie are two other ones I like who are similar. It’s completely coincidental they are all white rappers. They just rap in a style & lyrically that match things I can relate to. If I’m in rap mood I can still throw on J Cole, Lil Wayne (way he uses language is fascinating) Kendrick Lamar or Big Sean. Strongly dislike most rap my students listen to. Meaningless lyrics with big beats with small hook that plays over and over.

My Spotify is just loaded with playlists from ton of genres ( I can’t have playlist that mix them, OCD that way) I go in big waves for week or two on a specific genre & then switch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 14, 2019, 6:56 AM Post
AKCheesehead said:
I’ll chime in. Regarding country I agree with what’s been said about modern “country” but the stuff that is current and popular is mostly pop music for kids. There are some great current artists in the genre. For anyone looking for something current but meaningful or at least original and well made I have a few suggestions. Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, Brent Cobb, Tyler Childers, Jason Isbell and Margo Price. All current and worthwhile. I should warn that Tyler’s lyrics on a few tracks detail some high risk behavior some might find inappropriate. I certainly wouldn’t play it at work.

Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell are "next level" stuff. Simpson is really pushing the boundaries of country music and Isbell is one of the finest songwriters in any genre.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply