LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 13 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Wrigley Field - Best place to park the car?

Offline  Wrigley Field - Best place to park the car?

Posted: April 26, 2019, 8:55 AM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
I am taking my son to the Brewers/Cubs game on 5/10 at Wrigley Field. I've only been to one other Wrigley game and that was like 25 years ago. We should be down there by 11am or so. Where should I park and how much should I expect to pay? Tips? Locations?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Wrigley Field - Best place to park the car?

Posted: April 26, 2019, 9:09 AM Post
I regularly park in Skokie and take the Yellow line to the Red line and handle things that way. It also gets you a nice head start getting back to WI on the Wrigley crowd.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Wrigley Field - Best place to park the car?

Posted: April 26, 2019, 9:15 AM Post
Skokie train for the win.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 26, 2019, 9:30 AM Post
You could also check out SpotHero.com and park elsewhere in the general vicinity if you don't mind a short walk. That's what I've done for concerts I've seen there in the past.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 26, 2019, 10:58 AM Post
When I used to go I would park about 2 miles away on Addison and just walk into the stadium. Its much easier leaving too and free.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 26, 2019, 12:34 PM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
looked into the skokie train. That seems brilliant. Thanks for the tip!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 28, 2019, 8:03 PM Post
Find Will's Northwoods Inn on Racine Ave. and park on the west side of Racine Ave or anywhere west of there for free. Have lunch at Will's. 15 minute walk to the stadium. After the stadium go back to Will's and have dinner while the traffic subsides.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2019, 8:11 AM Post
Global Moderator
Another option is to park near the Western stop of the Brown Line. Exit Peterson, go east to Western, south to Lawrence and you are more or less there. Brown Line to Belmont and walk to Wrigley. Might be a tad faster depending on traffic but Skokie is also a good option.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 30, 2019, 2:58 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Skokie train for the win.

Trifecta!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 01, 2019, 1:33 PM Post
I was only there once last year (Game 163) and we parked on a nearby residential street a few blocks from the stadium. I went with a "local" who seemed to know where to go, but I suspect we got a little lucky.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 01, 2019, 1:49 PM Post
The last two times I’ve tried to park at the Skokie Yellow line lot for a weekday afternoon game, the lot has been completely full. You can also park at the northern end of the red line at the Howard stop. It’s much further from the highway than the Skokie park and ride, but that could be an option as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 01, 2019, 1:57 PM Post
LouisEly said:
Find Will's Northwoods Inn on Racine Ave. and park on the west side of Racine Ave or anywhere west of there for free. Have lunch at Will's. 15 minute walk to the stadium. After the stadium go back to Will's and have dinner while the traffic subsides.

I side with this as well. If you're not aware that's the WI bar/restaurant in the area.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 03, 2019, 11:59 AM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
bucks2281 said:
The last two times I’ve tried to park at the Skokie Yellow line lot for a weekday afternoon game, the lot has been completely full. You can also park at the northern end of the red line at the Howard stop. It’s much further from the highway than the Skokie park and ride, but that could be an option as well.

We expect to get to the Skokie Yellow line lot about 1030-1045...hoping that by being there that early that we can get a spot?

Quote   Reply 
 [ 13 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply