LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
 [ 11 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!

Author Message
Offline  Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!
#1

Posted: May 02, 2019, 8:44 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3235
Hello BF,

After about 2 decades of getting together at my mom's house for Mother's Day dinner, my mom randomly decided this year that she wants me to take her out for brunch instead. Didn't think it was a big deal, but as I started to look around, I realized that not only is it very popular, that many places are already basically full. Doesn't help that we have a group of 8 people either.

Does anyone have any suggestions on places in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area that have a solid brunch for Mothers Day (preferably a buffet, that's what she wants) that might still have room or be worth exploring?

I tried Saz's, that was her first choice but they have no room. Again...8 people, ideally a buffet. Any help is appreciated, thank you!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!
#2

Posted: May 02, 2019, 9:45 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4519
We have done DanDan for the last three years and found it to be great. It is buffet, and we have a group only a bit larger than yours.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!
#3

Posted: May 02, 2019, 10:13 AM Post
Posts: 8608
In Lake Country, Golden Mast or Seven Seas


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!
#4

Posted: May 02, 2019, 10:40 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4519
We've also done Golden Mast and Seven Seas. I can't remember which, but I remember one being underwhelming the year we went, and one being good, but we've stayed with DanDan because it was clearly the group favorite. It is also downtown which mattered for more of our people.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!
#5

Posted: May 02, 2019, 1:07 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3235
OldSchoolSnapper said:
We've also done Golden Mast and Seven Seas. I can't remember which, but I remember one being underwhelming the year we went, and one being good, but we've stayed with DanDan because it was clearly the group favorite. It is also downtown which mattered for more of our people.


Is it primarily Chinese food? What type of stuff is on the buffet?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!
#6

Posted: May 02, 2019, 1:12 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4519
DanDan is unique. It's basically stemming from Chinese cuisine but its owned by two white guys and they've kind of put their own twist on things. It's not anything like what you'd get at a China Buffet or something. It tends to be less greasy and a bit more artisan.

"DanDan will offer an expansive buffet of Chinese fare featuring sesame noodles, chicken potstickers, crab rangoons, egg drop soup, orange chicken, duck fried rice and tofu with celery." That was from last year. So, yes, Chinese, but likely not what you're thinking of.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!
#7

Posted: May 02, 2019, 6:58 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1598
We have gone a few times to The Anchorage for Mother's Day. 4700 N. Port Washington Rd. Milwaukee. The food was excellent, but is a little pricey especially if you have younger children that don't eat much.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!
#8

Posted: May 03, 2019, 9:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 681
Mattys in New Berlin. I did the Easter brunch there a couple years ago. I assume mothers day would be similar. They have excellent Bloody Mary's if you're into those. (I highly recommend the Ultimate Mattys Mary.)


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!
#9

Posted: May 05, 2019, 9:17 PM Post
Posts: 8608
OldSchoolSnapper said:
DanDan is unique. It's basically stemming from Chinese cuisine but its owned by two white guys and they've kind of put their own twist on things. It's not anything like what you'd get at a China Buffet or something. It tends to be less greasy and a bit more artisan.

"DanDan will offer an expansive buffet of Chinese fare featuring sesame noodles, chicken potstickers, crab rangoons, egg drop soup, orange chicken, duck fried rice and tofu with celery." That was from last year. So, yes, Chinese, but likely not what you're thinking of.


Sounds good, also sounds precisely what one would think of Chinese food.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!
#10

Posted: May 09, 2019, 1:15 PM Post
Posts: 747
Hubbard Park Lodge in Shorewood is fantastic, not sure their availability on Mother's Day still but worth checking out.

http://www.hubbardparklodge.com/mothers-day.html


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Mothers Day Brunch Suggestions - Please Help!
#11

Posted: May 10, 2019, 7:49 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4519
FVBrewerFan said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
DanDan is unique. It's basically stemming from Chinese cuisine but its owned by two white guys and they've kind of put their own twist on things. It's not anything like what you'd get at a China Buffet or something. It tends to be less greasy and a bit more artisan.

"DanDan will offer an expansive buffet of Chinese fare featuring sesame noodles, chicken potstickers, crab rangoons, egg drop soup, orange chicken, duck fried rice and tofu with celery." That was from last year. So, yes, Chinese, but likely not what you're thinking of.


Sounds good, also sounds precisely what one would think of Chinese food.


If you eat authentic Chinese food maybe. About 90% of the US population thinks China is stuffing its face with General Tso every night. I was only pointing out that it's not a China Buffet experience, which is the average person associates with "Chinese food."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 11 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test