LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 2 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

New TV help

Offline    New TV help

Posted: May 24, 2019, 3:51 PM Post
I am looking for a new HDTV. Need to get another one (not to replace a broken one), but I'm hoping it can be a step up from the Samsung LED 1080p TV I've had since 2013 or 2014 so I can use as my main TV. And if I can access Netflix, Hulu etc. from it that would be ideal.

I looked at Best Buy and Target, and there are a lot of TV's in the 43-49" range that seem like really good deals. $300-350 for 4K UHD!!! First of all, I have no idea what this means, but it sounds good. I'm scratching my head though because I remember buying my first HDTV in 2006 for 6x that price...

If anyone has any suggestions for a TV in or near that price range, I'd appreciate it. I really have no idea how to tell them apart!!! I included a link to a Best Buy search I was just in...
THANKS!!!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tvs/43-inc ... 160p%20(4K)

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: New TV help

Posted: May 24, 2019, 4:43 PM Post
To be honest you want to have as big of a TV as possible to take advantage of 4k, but if you don't have the budget for it you can get the lower priced TV's. Some say they are 4K but most of them are just up scaled from 1080p to 4k and not really true 4k which is ok as you won't know the difference from a smaller screen.

I laugh at people who say their cell phone can play 4k videos. Well it can but the image quality is not as great because of the smaller screen the pixel's are all packed in to a small area.

Some reviews that I have seen rate this TV as one of the better ones under $500.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55-cla ... Id=6202783

Quote   Reply 
 [ 2 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply