LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Bar shuttles to Miller Park

Author Message
Offline  Bar shuttles to Miller Park
#1

Posted: June 20, 2019, 10:50 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9780
Will be coming down from Appleton to Miller Park for Saturday's game and am looking for an easy bar off of 94 that shuttles to the game. Also looking to eat lunch at that same bar.

We tried Kelly's last time, which was fine, but had to drive into the city a little more than we wanted.

Any recommendations?


Last edited by turborickey on June 20, 2019, 4:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttlesto Miller Park
#2

Posted: June 20, 2019, 11:31 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Google helps:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertai ... 078656002/

https://onmilwaukee.com/bars/articles/m ... ttles.html

https://www.mlb.com/brewers/ballpark/tr ... n/shuttles

Edit never been to Braun's Powerhouse but that looks to be the easiest to get to from Appleton taking the 41.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttlesto Miller Park
#3

Posted: June 20, 2019, 12:33 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4919
my preference is the ice house (north of the stadium on miller park way and burnham)

its nice going to a place that isn't next to a bunch of brewer bars like the bluemound ave ones. beer there is relatively cheap and the food is good and not too expensive.

place isn't the fanciest in the world, and I haven't been there since the place was sold earlier this summer though.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttlesto Miller Park
#4

Posted: June 20, 2019, 1:44 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3460
Second the Ice House. It was sold? I was in there two weeks ago and it was still Bruce and Dorothy. Beer is cheap, food is cheap, and actually homemade - the pizza crusts, the burgers, all is hand made there, not delivered frozen.

Shuttle is great and runs often, and when you get back at end of game it is a great spot not full of traffic and an easy on/off from freeway. It's a classic dive bar.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttlesto Miller Park
#5

Posted: June 20, 2019, 1:51 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4919
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Second the Ice House. It was sold? I was in there two weeks ago and it was still Bruce and Dorothy. Beer is cheap, food is cheap, and actually homemade - the pizza crusts, the burgers, all is hand made there, not delivered frozen.

Shuttle is great and runs often, and when you get back at end of game it is a great spot not full of traffic and an easy on/off from freeway. It's a classic dive bar.

I was in there in April and Bruce told me he was selling the place and was sticking around to help the new owners. I am not 100% certain of the closing date. but yes he is selling. They do have the best bar pizza.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttlesto Miller Park
#6

Posted: June 20, 2019, 1:52 PM Post
Posts: 2831
If you are coming from Appleton and don't want to get too far into the city I would suggest Mo's on Bluemound or Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub. Both are right off the Bluemound exit less than a mile away.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttlesto Miller Park
#7

Posted: June 20, 2019, 2:03 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 5435
patrickgpe said:
my preference is the ice house (north of the stadium on miller park way and burnham)

its nice going to a place that isn't next to a bunch of brewer bars like the bluemound ave ones. beer there is relatively cheap and the food is good and not too expensive.

place isn't the fanciest in the world, and I haven't been there since the place was sold earlier this summer though.



Totally off-topic, but what happens to Miller Park Way when they change the stadium name? Will it be American Family Field Way? Ugh, that's a mouthful.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttlesto Miller Park
#8

Posted: June 20, 2019, 2:53 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 18476
pitchleague said:
patrickgpe said:
my preference is the ice house (north of the stadium on miller park way and burnham)

its nice going to a place that isn't next to a bunch of brewer bars like the bluemound ave ones. beer there is relatively cheap and the food is good and not too expensive.

place isn't the fanciest in the world, and I haven't been there since the place was sold earlier this summer though.



Totally off-topic, but what happens to Miller Park Way when they change the stadium name? Will it be American Family Field Way? Ugh, that's a mouthful.


Could just do AmFam Way. Don't really think it's a big deal anyways.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttlesto Miller Park
#9

Posted: June 20, 2019, 3:32 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4919
go back to 43rd street for all I care.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttlesto Miller Park
#10

Posted: June 20, 2019, 4:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9780
nate82 said:
Google helps:



Yes, I know about google and all it's magic, but I was looking for recommendations from people on this board who have tried multiple places and which ones they liked most.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttles to Miller Park
#11

Posted: June 20, 2019, 4:51 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1576
I probably am one of the people most likely to avoid Milwaukee if I can. I recommend the shuttle at Mo's Irish Pub in Wauwatosa. It's on the corner of Hwy 100 (Mayfair Rd.) and Bluemound. Easy to get to off of Hwy 41/45 just south of Froedtert Hospital.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttlesto Miller Park
#12

Posted: June 20, 2019, 5:22 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
turborickey said:
nate82 said:
Google helps:



Yes, I know about google and all it's magic, but I was looking for recommendations from people on this board who have tried multiple places and which ones they liked most.


It still helps as you can find Yelp reviews and other reviews of the bars and restaurants.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Bar shuttles to Miller Park
#13

Posted: June 21, 2019, 6:49 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12090
Location: Milwaukee, WI
BrewersSuperCollector said:
I probably am one of the people most likely to avoid Milwaukee if I can. I recommend the shuttle at Mo's Irish Pub in Wauwatosa. It's on the corner of Hwy 100 (Mayfair Rd.) and Bluemound. Easy to get to off of Hwy 41/45 just south of Froedtert Hospital.


If you’re not looking to come into the city, this would be my choice to shuttle in from as well. Solid food, good atmosphere, great happy hour if you catch it right (M-F/3-6pm: $2 drafts plus good food specials), and a nice shuttle.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttlesto Miller Park
#14

Posted: June 21, 2019, 7:46 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3460
nate82 said:
turborickey said:
nate82 said:
Google helps:



Yes, I know about google and all it's magic, but I was looking for recommendations from people on this board who have tried multiple places and which ones they liked most.


It still helps as you can find Yelp reviews and other reviews of the bars and restaurants.



What is the point of acting like this? The guy asked a really simple, innocuous question. Also, your sacred Yelp is a pretty god-awful website. For all your brilliance you must have missed that it's been absolutely swarmed in scandal for years.

Online reviews are useful but flawed. I've lost count of the number of times I've read something like "The food was good we had to wait an hour for an open table, 2 stars."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttles to Miller Park
#15

Posted: June 21, 2019, 8:26 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5048
I'd recommend Jackson's. It's maybe 2 minutes off the freeway and they have solid food and a decent beer selection and their shuttles don't get overly packed.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttles to Miller Park
#16

Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:12 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10121
I recommend J&B's Blue Ribbon only because I know the owner and he's a good dude.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Bar shuttles to Miller Park
#17

Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:19 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12090
Location: Milwaukee, WI
homer said:
I recommend J&B's Blue Ribbon only because I know the owner and he's a good dude.


Any because it’s the best shuttle out there. In and out of the game quicker than any of them. This is my place 99% of the time.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttles to Miller Park
#18

Posted: June 21, 2019, 11:49 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9780
Brew4U said:
homer said:
I recommend J&B's Blue Ribbon only because I know the owner and he's a good dude.


Any because it’s the best shuttle out there. In and out of the game quicker than any of them. This is my place 99% of the time.


easy access from the highway?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttles to Miller Park
#19

Posted: June 21, 2019, 11:50 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9780
BrewersSuperCollector said:
I probably am one of the people most likely to avoid Milwaukee if I can. I recommend the shuttle at Mo's Irish Pub in Wauwatosa. It's on the corner of Hwy 100 (Mayfair Rd.) and Bluemound. Easy to get to off of Hwy 41/45 just south of Froedtert Hospital.


This one sounds good, do they run a lot of shuttles, or is there a lot of wait time after the game?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Bar shuttles to Miller Park
#20

Posted: June 21, 2019, 12:05 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10121
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:
homer said:
I recommend J&B's Blue Ribbon only because I know the owner and he's a good dude.


Any because it’s the best shuttle out there. In and out of the game quicker than any of them. This is my place 99% of the time.


easy access from the highway?


Yes. Exit Hawley, go north to Bluemound. Take a right and it's more or less the first bar after the church on your left.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Thurston Fluff and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test