LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
 [ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Selling Memorabilia

Author Message
Offline  Selling Memorabilia
#1

Posted: July 28, 2019, 8:00 PM Post
Posts: 711
I have a bunch of sports memorabilia that I’ve inherited that I don’t have much interest in. Anyone have suggestions on best ways to sell and get decent value for? Anything other than Craigslist or EBay?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Selling Memorabilia
#2

Posted: July 28, 2019, 8:13 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2466
It depends on what it is.

eBay history should give you a decent idea on the value of items. If you find a dealer who is willing to buy your stuff, I'd assume he would offer about 50% of the value.

I have bought a number of things over the years from Mears auctions in South Milwaukee. I think they're good guys who run fair auctions.

I wouldn't want to deal with a Craigslist sale. Too inconvenient to have some random person who might or might not be legit.

There is also a monthly show in West Allis (Gonzaga Hall). It might be worth stopping there some time and see if any of the dealers are interested.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Selling Memorabilia
#3

Posted: July 29, 2019, 11:15 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1065
Location: Waukesha, WI
JimH5 said:
There is also a monthly show in West Allis (Gonzaga Hall). It might be worth stopping there some time and see if any of the dealers are interested.


I think that show is long gone. There's something at The Radisson in the Falls monthly, but a shell of what the Gonzaga shows were.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Selling Memorabilia
#4

Posted: July 29, 2019, 4:37 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2466
http://wsca1975.com/home

I have not been there this year, but their website says the next one is August 11 and they have a commitment through 2020.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Selling Memorabilia
#5

Posted: July 29, 2019, 5:18 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1592
I go almost every month to Gonzaga. The school is currently up for sale, but I believe the show got the OK through June 2020 for now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Selling Memorabilia
#6

Posted: July 29, 2019, 5:22 PM Post
Posts: 711
Thank you all!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Selling Memorabilia
#7

Posted: August 09, 2019, 1:27 PM Post
Posts: 2321
Location: Team Tosa
I'm curious as to what you all have you can message me direct. I'm always looking to buy


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Selling Memorabilia
#8

Posted: August 18, 2019, 7:38 AM Post
Posts: 1278
What’s the best way to unload a dozen bobbleheads?

All SGAs (mainly Bucks and T-Rats). None of which are particularly rare. I’m not dillusional about their value. I’d probably ask $6 and take $4. I doubt individual lots on eBay would be worthwhile or cost effective. Craig’s List? Consignment Shop?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Selling Memorabilia
#9

Posted: August 18, 2019, 10:07 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1065
Location: Waukesha, WI
JimH5 said:
http://wsca1975.com/home

I have not been there this year, but their website says the next one is August 11 and they have a commitment through 2020.


Last Sunday I went to that show for the first time in years. Just not the same without my favorite dealer, Mike Rodell. He passed a few years ago. He had all kinds of team sets for the Brewers and he was my go-to guy. Also had an extensive Braves collection. What I noticed was several dealers with copious 50's and 60's stuff to sell. Didn't see any factory sets or team sets.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Selling Memorabilia
#10

Posted: August 18, 2019, 10:45 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1592
Jimbo said:
JimH5 said:
http://wsca1975.com/home

I have not been there this year, but their website says the next one is August 11 and they have a commitment through 2020.


Last Sunday I went to that show for the first time in years. Just not the same without my favorite dealer, Mike Rodell. He passed a few years ago. He had all kinds of team sets for the Brewers and he was my go-to guy. Also had an extensive Braves collection. What I noticed was several dealers with copious 50's and 60's stuff to sell. Didn't see any factory sets or team sets.



The only reason I went to some of the shows was because Mike had something for me.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Selling Memorabilia
#11

Posted: August 19, 2019, 9:07 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10583
nodakfan17 said:
What’s the best way to unload a dozen bobbleheads?

All SGAs (mainly Bucks and T-Rats). None of which are particularly rare. I’m not dillusional about their value. I’d probably ask $6 and take $4. I doubt individual lots on eBay would be worthwhile or cost effective. Craig’s List? Consignment Shop?


If they are commons, you might as well take them to a thrift store. Especially the Bucks bobbles.

Feel free to send me a list and I can give you some values at least...Then you can at least tell if they are worth trying to move, or just dumping them.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Selling Memorabilia
#12

Posted: August 20, 2019, 8:22 AM Post
Posts: 1278
Yikes. Thanks. I’m fairly certain they’re all common.

I might still try the consignment shop. Ask $4 and net $2 after they take their 50% cut. After a year, I might get a check for $20.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jimmyjeromehardy7, PlayerHader, wallus and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test