LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Selling Memorabilia

Offline  Selling Memorabilia

Posted: July 28, 2019, 8:00 PM Post
I have a bunch of sports memorabilia that I’ve inherited that I don’t have much interest in. Anyone have suggestions on best ways to sell and get decent value for? Anything other than Craigslist or EBay?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Selling Memorabilia

Posted: July 28, 2019, 8:13 PM Post
Global Moderator
It depends on what it is.

eBay history should give you a decent idea on the value of items. If you find a dealer who is willing to buy your stuff, I'd assume he would offer about 50% of the value.

I have bought a number of things over the years from Mears auctions in South Milwaukee. I think they're good guys who run fair auctions.

I wouldn't want to deal with a Craigslist sale. Too inconvenient to have some random person who might or might not be legit.

There is also a monthly show in West Allis (Gonzaga Hall). It might be worth stopping there some time and see if any of the dealers are interested.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 11:15 AM Post
JimH5 said:
There is also a monthly show in West Allis (Gonzaga Hall). It might be worth stopping there some time and see if any of the dealers are interested.

I think that show is long gone. There's something at The Radisson in the Falls monthly, but a shell of what the Gonzaga shows were.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 4:37 PM Post
Global Moderator
http://wsca1975.com/home

I have not been there this year, but their website says the next one is August 11 and they have a commitment through 2020.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 5:18 PM Post
I go almost every month to Gonzaga. The school is currently up for sale, but I believe the show got the OK through June 2020 for now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 5:22 PM Post
Thank you all!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 1:27 PM Post
I'm curious as to what you all have you can message me direct. I'm always looking to buy

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 18, 2019, 7:38 AM Post
What’s the best way to unload a dozen bobbleheads?

All SGAs (mainly Bucks and T-Rats). None of which are particularly rare. I’m not dillusional about their value. I’d probably ask $6 and take $4. I doubt individual lots on eBay would be worthwhile or cost effective. Craig’s List? Consignment Shop?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 18, 2019, 10:07 PM Post
JimH5 said:

I have not been there this year, but their website says the next one is August 11 and they have a commitment through 2020.

Last Sunday I went to that show for the first time in years. Just not the same without my favorite dealer, Mike Rodell. He passed a few years ago. He had all kinds of team sets for the Brewers and he was my go-to guy. Also had an extensive Braves collection. What I noticed was several dealers with copious 50's and 60's stuff to sell. Didn't see any factory sets or team sets.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 18, 2019, 10:45 PM Post
Jimbo said:
JimH5 said:

Last Sunday I went to that show for the first time in years. Just not the same without my favorite dealer, Mike Rodell. He passed a few years ago. He had all kinds of team sets for the Brewers and he was my go-to guy. Also had an extensive Braves collection. What I noticed was several dealers with copious 50's and 60's stuff to sell. Didn't see any factory sets or team sets.

The only reason I went to some of the shows was because Mike had something for me.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Selling Memorabilia

Posted: August 19, 2019, 9:07 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
What’s the best way to unload a dozen bobbleheads?

All SGAs (mainly Bucks and T-Rats). None of which are particularly rare. I’m not dillusional about their value. I’d probably ask $6 and take $4. I doubt individual lots on eBay would be worthwhile or cost effective. Craig’s List? Consignment Shop?

If they are commons, you might as well take them to a thrift store. Especially the Bucks bobbles.

Feel free to send me a list and I can give you some values at least...Then you can at least tell if they are worth trying to move, or just dumping them.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 20, 2019, 8:22 AM Post
Yikes. Thanks. I’m fairly certain they’re all common.

I might still try the consignment shop. Ask $4 and net $2 after they take their 50% cut. After a year, I might get a check for $20.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply