LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 8 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Technology question

Offline  Technology question

Posted: December 01, 2019, 10:39 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
The tech-o-weenies thread has apparently not been used in 2019, and I'm tired of searching further for it - so I'm starting anew.

The SO has a Grace Digital internet radio which he listens to overnight. He uses wired earbuds but it limits how much he can move around, plus one of our cats has figured out that a great way to wake him up is to pull on the cord with his mouth.

I was looking into wireless earbuds as a Christmas gift for SO, but the internet radio doesn't have Bluetooth. A newer version of the radio does have Bluetooth, but the FAQs with it suggest that it won't work with wireless headphones.

Would a wireless transmitter plugged into the headphone port work? My google searching suggests it might, but I'd rather not buy one if it wouldn't. Since the current radio fills his needs now, I'd rather not upgrade it if there's a less expensive way to upgrade his listening experience.

(Yes, I know he could just stream from his phone to wireless earbuds. He really likes the radio.)

Thanks, fellas! [smile]

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Technology question

Posted: December 02, 2019, 10:02 AM Post
Global Moderator
I was looking into this for my TV speaker bar but the new version of Roku has a remote with a headphone jack and I decided not to pursue it. I think your idea works in theory but like you, I wasn't 100% it would work with my setup.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 02, 2019, 6:10 PM Post
Would something like this work? I have no idea if this is a good one or not as I have never had a use for it. I am just providing a link as a concept.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/aluratek-bluetooth-audio-transmitter-black/6332920.p?skuId=6332920

Edit:
I just did a little more research and think this one may be better. It says it can either be continuously charging or the batter should last 8ish hours.

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluet ... 39712YYwYg

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 02, 2019, 6:45 PM Post
Yes, those audio transmitter are nice, used one in college so I wasn’t “that person” with their TV on all the time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 9:51 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
The TaoTronics is actually just what I was eyeing. So thanks, you guys. Now I feel like there's a chance I can accomplish what we want without shelling out unnecessary dough.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 12:45 PM Post
Taking it a step further ---

I have a nice Onkyo receiver that does not have Bluetooth. Any suggestions for something that plugs into the "aux" port that would receive Bluetooth or some other suggestion?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 04, 2019, 8:53 AM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
Taking it a step further ---

I have a nice Onkyo receiver that does not have Bluetooth. Any suggestions for something that plugs into the "aux" port that would receive Bluetooth or some other suggestion?

There is definitely a way to do it. Here is the basics: https://www.reviewgeek.com/11864/the-be ... -speakers/

First you need to decide if you just want a receiver, or a receiver and transmitter - the difference in cost is about $20.

I used to use this: https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluet ... 01KO1JNCA/

before I upgraded my setup. Did fine for my relatively small apartment.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 04, 2019, 11:52 AM Post
Thanks Baldkin... this is exactly what I'm looking for. I nice cheap gift for somebody to get me for Christmas... [wink]

Quote   Reply 
 [ 8 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply