LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next  [ 198 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Offline  Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Posted: January 01, 2020, 11:51 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
New year, new set of random thoughts. All ready for your hindsight/clear sight/any other sight-related plays on words.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Posted: January 01, 2020, 3:45 PM Post
I wonder how far Yelich could hit a baseball using an aluminum bat.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Posted: January 02, 2020, 3:54 PM Post
While picking up some of our equipment from New Years eve event I found out it only went until 11pm. Apparently they started doing that because hardly nobody ever stayed until midnight. Obviously not a place for the younger crowd.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2020, 3:47 PM Post
Are "unlimited nights and weekends" still a wireless plan thing? Does anyone even know how many minutes they have anymore? Does anyone even talk on the phone enough anymore to use all their minutes?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2020, 11:42 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Are "unlimited nights and weekends" still a wireless plan thing? Does anyone even know how many minutes they have anymore? Does anyone even talk on the phone enough anymore to use all their minutes?

Haven't heard those words in a long time. I'm using Spectrum wireless right now. Unlimited talk & text and 1G of data for $14/month, which includes taxes so it really is $14. For me it works, I'm single w/ no dependents and I don't use a lot of data. Have to be a subscriber of their cable or internet service though. I get my home internet from them.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2020, 9:04 AM Post
SeaBass said:
I'm using Spectrum wireless right now. Unlimited talk & text and 1G of data for $14/month, which includes taxes so it really is $14. For me it works, I'm single w/ no dependents and I don't use a lot of data. Have to be a subscriber of their cable or internet service though. I get my home internet from them.

Same here, but mine is through Comcast/xFinity. $12/mo/1G of data, plus I needed a new phone (Galaxy S9) which costs $25/month for 2 years (but got a $250 prepaid Visa card through a promo for buying the phone), and my total with taxes for the phone and service is a little over $50/month.

Plus, I get better reception at home and at my parent's place in rural WI than I did with Sprint. No 4G at my parent's place with Sprint, but I have 3-4 bars of 4G now with xFinity. I think they use Verizon's network.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2020, 9:22 AM Post
Boy is my knowledge on wireless outdated. Just been on my sister in law's plan for years and just upgrade my phone every so often (S9 right now) and pay the bill.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2020, 2:35 PM Post
I wonder how much the average Starbucks customer spends on average. I'm fine with plain black coffee, but their new drinks are getting more and more expensive.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2020, 2:51 PM Post
stalton said:
I wonder how much the average Starbucks customer spends on average. I'm fine with plain black coffee, but their new drinks are getting more and more expensive.

I'm plenty happy getting the occasional iced caramel macchiato from McDonalds for under $4. Starbucks drinks look good but they're like $2 more expensive for no good reason that I can see.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2020, 2:51 PM Post
The average transaction is about $8.05 using data from 2018. I can't buy a cup of coffee personally. I never have purchased anything from Starbucks and maybe once a year I'll order something artisan at a local cafe but the people going through the drive through every morning...that's just insane to me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2020, 7:52 AM Post
I really like Starbucks coffee, but that's all I order there. Plain black coffee. I usually stop there once a week when I visit one that is close to my Dads. I made the mistake of going through the drive thru once. There were 3 cars, I think it took 15 minutes. My order takes less than 2 minutes.

Also, still have trouble with the sizes at Starbucks. Tall is actually small...huh? I usually just say "Large Coffee" and they give me the size I was expecting. However last time I said large, I felt like I got a look because I didn't use the Grande or Venti or whatever size I'm supposed to say and then I ended up getting a size that was smaller than I'm usually given.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Posted: January 08, 2020, 8:19 AM Post
A lot of colleges have starbucks in them and there are people that religiously go once or even twice a day. They manage to blow through their meal plan and then have to ask their parents to put more money in their account. For some reason I doubt Sally goes home and say she needs more money cause she blew $500 on starbucks all year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2020, 8:44 AM Post
I can't imagine spending that kind of coin on Starbucks. If I really want a latte or frappe I'll go into Kwik trip and get a Karuba Gold for $2. $1 if it's Monday.

There's nothing superior about Starbucks coffee compared to McDonalds or anywhere else. They're selling their name and their brand. (names like Venti and Grande are an important part of their brand). It's a psychological decision more so than a rational one.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2020, 8:55 AM Post
The random times I end up at McDonald's I actually find their coffee pretty solid. All I drink is plain blank unless I'm sitting down for breakfast somewhere then I'll get cappuccino or something. The artsy drinks that they inject 300 calories into just make me sick thinking about.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2020, 11:44 AM Post
I only don't drink McDonalds coffee because they have a limit on how much cream they can give you.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2020, 12:36 PM Post
Global Moderator
GAME05 said:
I only don't drink McDonalds coffee because they have a limit on how much cream they can give you.

Dunkin Donuts must have the opposite policy [smile]

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2020, 1:26 PM Post
I guess I'm a curmudgeon about coffee. When on the road I much prefer to get coffee at a fast food place or a gas station. I really dislike the rare occasion when I'm away from home, get myself into a bind, and have to go buy it someplace where they make people their special coffee beverages.

When I find myself waiting in line for 15 minutes to get a cup of coffee, internally I start to get grumpy. I look at how long it's taking to get all the people ahead of me something I've never heard of, with a heart or a portrait of their dog created in the foam on top of it, and of course all paying by credit card because who walks around with the kind of cash it takes to buy a coffee these days. So this is what it's come to, I think to myself.

Coffee needs a cup. Not a line, a new language, and a part-time job to afford it.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Posted: January 08, 2020, 1:34 PM Post
I don't know how people get those calorie loaded drinks all the time, I find them to be disgusting and way too sweet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2020, 1:35 PM Post
YYZ is an awesome track...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2020, 3:10 PM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
YYZ is an awesome track...

Fellow RUSH fan I presume?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next  [ 198 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply